Windows 10: Keyboard not typing correctly

Discus and support Keyboard not typing correctly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, my hp Pavallion's keyboard started typing things which weren't correct, like 'o' being 'po' and Enter. Also, the h key doesn't work, among... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArthurPugh, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Keyboard not typing correctly

Recently, my hp Pavallion's keyboard started typing things which weren't correct, like 'o' being 'po' and Enter. Also, the h key doesn't work, among other things. I have tried fn+numlock as well as ctrl+shift with no success. I decided to restart my computer, with no success.

Now, I can't log into it because some keys automatically enter when I type them. Also, I cannot change my password as the alternative email address contains these untypable letters, so I can't get the code.

What should I do? Are there any other keyboard shortcuts?

:)

ArthurPugh, Jun 4, 2019

2. Keyboard does not function correctly

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the keyboard drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the keyboard drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the keyboard device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and keyboard drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Typing, keyboard

Hi,

There could be some reasons why you're having a problem with your keyboard. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your PC prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your PC using an antivirus program and check if this step will resolve the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard not typing correctly

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard not typing correctly

1. Keyboard not typing correctly - Similar Threads - Keyboard typing correctly

2. Keyboard isnt typing correct buttons at start up screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard isnt typing correct buttons at start up screen: When i power on my laptop the start up screen comes on which is sideways I know how to fix that if i could only get past the start ts asking for a challenge phrase because its telling me Ive entered the incorrect pin to many times which I only did once. The issue is when I...
  3. Keyboard isnt typing correct buttons at start up screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard isnt typing correct buttons at start up screen: When i power on my laptop the start up screen comes on which is sideways I know how to fix that if i could only get past the start ts asking for a challenge phrase because its telling me Ive entered the incorrect pin to many times which I only did once. The issue is when I...
  4. Keyboard isnt typing correct buttons at start up screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard keys not typing correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard keys not typing correctly: How can I fix my laptop keyboard that has accidentally spilled too much of my hand sanitizer on the keys? The computer works correctly and fine. Except for some keys such as letter k types 7 and letter I types u. I really need to fix this soon because I have a project to do...
  6. Keyboard types additional letter aside from the correct letter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard types additional letter aside from the correct letter: after installing the newest update of windows, my keyboard stopped working correctly. some letters have additional letter in it. q becomes qx, the space bar has 0 in it. t becomes to and so on. i never had this problem before, just after the installation of the newest...
  7. Korean keyboard / IME not working correct. typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Korean keyboard / IME not working correct. typing wrong characters: I just got a new PC couple weeks ago. OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Education. Version: 110.0.18363 Build 18363 I installed Korean in language setting and yet when I type in Korean keyboard setting it keeps typing wrong characters the whole time. It's really weird. It...
  8. new keyboard not typing correct symbols

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new keyboard not typing correct symbols: Hi I have just purchased a Microsoft wired 600 keyboard but I cannot find the question mark when I press the up arrow to select the symbol the symbol I press is not the right one eg the button that's is labelled question mark produces _ an underscore. This isn't the only...
  9. cannot correct keyboard stopping while typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot correct keyboard stopping while typing: Recently I've experience problems with my keyboard stopping typing. It feels like it just times out and stops. I have gone thru the community and have followed the suggestions without success. I've gone thru troubleshooting, updating, deleting and reinstalling drivers (all...
  10. Keyboard Not Typing Correct Characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Not Typing Correct Characters: My brother has an HP laptop (Model bs057cl) that he hasn't used in about a year. When he boots the computer he's unable to use the keyboard normally. We brought up the onscreen keyboard which, although it works, does not match the normal qwerty keyboard layout. In fact, the...