Windows 10: Keyboard not typing properly

Discus and support Keyboard not typing properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard that was working fine up to earlier today August 21. Now it's possessed such that it doesn't type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steven-J, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Steven-J Win User

Keyboard not typing properly

I have a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard that was working fine up to earlier today August 21. Now it's possessed such that it doesn't type letters/characters properly. For instance if I hit the f key somehow 5f5 gets typed out.

Went through some troubleshooting steps with Microsoft rep. This included installing some pointer software, which didn't solve the problem.

Ended the chat with my restoring to one hour earlier in this same day but whatever issue I'm experiencing was already happening at that point. So again that didn't solve my problem.

Have rebooted multiple times and moved the USB receiver to a different port with no success.

That all said I've gone back to using an older wireless keyboard - Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0A. Lo and behold this works.

Before I take the action of completely resetting my PC, I'm hoping that someone sees this post and can help me out. Maybe it's spyware that Windows Defender can't find? Then again Windows Defender isn't the greatest virus/spyware protector.
    Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

:)

Steven-J, Aug 21, 2020

2. HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 21, 2020
  3. My keyboard is nOT working properly, how to solve this problem??

Hi Debjyoti,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with your Keyboard.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Have you updated keyboard drivers on your PC?
    Please be informed, you may this issue due to the change in hardware components or due to the non-updated keyboard drivers on your PC.

I suggest you to try the methods provided below and check the behavior.

Method 1: Using On-screen keyboard and updating the keyboard drivers

Step 1: If you are unable to login into your user account, I suggest you to use on-screen keyboard by following the steps below and check if you are able to login.

The On-screen keyboard is located in the Ease of access center located at the bottom left corner of the lock screen. It acts as a temporary keyboard in-case your keyboard does not work.

• Click on the Ease of access icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen.

• Select on-screen keyboard option and type the password.

• After typing, click on the icon located next to the password entry box and check if you have typed the correct password.

• Press Enter and check if you are able to login into the user profile.

Step 2: After logging in, update the
    keyboard drivers manually from Device manager and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager.

• Expand Keyboards, right click on the keyboard driver and select
      Update option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• After updating, close the window and check if the changes are effective.
    Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      troubleshooter and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.

• Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

• Close the window after troubleshooting is completed and check if the changes are effective.
    Please keep us updated with the status of your keyboard, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Keyboard not typing properly

Typing, keyboard

Hi,

There could be some reasons why you're having a problem with your keyboard. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your PC prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your PC using an antivirus program and check if this step will resolve the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard not typing properly

1. Keyboard not typing properly - Similar Threads - Keyboard typing properly

2. Why wont my keyboard type properly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my keyboard type properly?: i cant include any imageSometimes it works perfectly and others its glitchy, slow and very hard to type. Ive already tried restarting it, updating it and still very confused. The keys are clean and my laptop isn't that old. Ive been having to use the touch screen keyboard....
  3. Why wont my keyboard type properly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why wont my keyboard type properly?: i cant include any imageSometimes it works perfectly and others its glitchy, slow and very hard to type. Ive already tried restarting it, updating it and still very confused. The keys are clean and my laptop isn't that old. Ive been having to use the touch screen keyboard....
  4. keyboard not typing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    keyboard not typing: need help with my keyboard because i was trying to log into microsoft store but cant due to my settings can anyone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-not-typing/4dc5c75f-0400-4741-a0a4-ae70241083dd
  5. typing and keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    typing and keyboard: when I type in any situation, especially in emails I get an extra letter added to one I have typed, especially the o and p. Happens with other letters sometimes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-and-keyboard/c971ca6f-58a9-4ae8-9410-b6421f16ce7c
  6. Cannot type ` or ~ properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot type ` or ~ properly: As the title says I cannot type that key properly, need 2 strokes to update the screen with 2 of the symbols instead of 1 , making it sometimes annoying to type submitted by /u/NumedNoob [link] [comments]...
  7. Keyboard Typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Typing: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! My keyboard is fine. but when I type the letter a, it will have a French accent on it. It didn't happen there but it happens to me in other apps like Google Docs. Is there any way I can stop that? Please reply back. Your help will be much appreciated....
  8. Keyboard not typing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard not typing: Help me to get my keyboard typing please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-not-typing/f7ba409f-7177-4d81-a89b-f76a48e06810
  9. keyboard not typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard not typing: some letters are not typing they are "a.s.d.j.k.l." at the present im typing on a Bluetooth keyboard its working fine, I think it the HP laptop keyboard being the problem. "HELP ME" please...
  10. Keyboard types

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard types: How do I make my keyboard stop typing quotation mark instead of the at sign. It also types uppercase E instead of question mark. I have updated the driver and set the language to my own country. None of this fixed the issue. I have Windows 10...