Windows 10: Keyboard not typing the right characters almost at all. And instead symbols and numbers

Discus and support Keyboard not typing the right characters almost at all. And instead symbols and numbers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Beneficial_Count5063 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Beneficial_Count5063, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Keyboard not typing the right characters almost at all. And instead symbols and numbers

/u/Beneficial_Count5063, Jan 23, 2023

2. resetting keyboard symbols

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to remove English UK and just have the default English US under keyboard input language and check.

Step 1:To keep English US as the default input language and to remove other installed services

a. Type Settings in the search bar and click on the setting symbol on the top right.

b. Click on Time and Languages.

c. Click on Region and Languages.

d. Under the languages tab.

e. Click and Change the language to English US.

Step 2:Use on screen keyboard to type the characters (@, “)

To use on-screen keyboard, follow the steps below.

a. Click on Start; type “On-screen” without quotes and hit Enter.

b. Now check if you’re able to get right characters.

Let us know if it helps or post back for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 23, 2023
  3. Micklanna Win User
    Using keyboard to type symbols

Can someone tell me how to type the symbol for the Russian Ruble using the keyboard on my laptop ?

I had a list of symbols and icons that one could write years ago but I lost it and can't find it using Google.

Thanks, Mick

Micklanna, Jan 23, 2023
  4. Keyboard not typing the right characters almost at all. And instead symbols and numbers

plus character missing on windows mobile device (nokia lumia)

Hello.

On a Nokia Lumia smartphone with windows mobile 10, when

the keyboard comes up, I can't find the '+' character in the list

of symbols. Does anyone know how to create this character when

typing on the phone keyboard (useful when entering international phone numbers)?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

NiekSprakel, Jan 23, 2023
Thema:

Keyboard not typing the right characters almost at all. And instead symbols and numbers

1. Keyboard not typing the right characters almost at all. And instead symbols and numbers - Similar Threads - Keyboard typing right

2. Keyboard typing random numbers and characters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard typing random numbers and characters: Hi,So I was playing a game on my computer when I suddenly noticed my keyboard was really buggy after I had messaged my friendI typed out: "Im in poggers on a call" poggers was a name of a minecraft world Instead it typed: "\im \in6 -pogge5rs on6 a call". It was typing random...
  3. the keyboard is typing double characters

the keyboard is typing double characters: [ATTACH] Hey everyone. Today my keyboard has started t2o type wrong or double characters as you can observe at first hand: . Before that, I cleaned up my lapt2op with alcohol as usual. Then I powered up and this began. As I c,a-n recall I did -not use force whatsoever. I...
  4. keyboard typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keyboard typing wrong characters: My keyboard enters " when I type @ I choose UK English for the keyboard, and now can't find a way to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-wrong-characters/420ea5db-768d-4f4e-aef2-a2e992376ba2
  5. Keyboard typing numbers instead of letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard typing numbers instead of letters: keyboard types numbers instead of letters in the command window. Also in some other apps. Not in notepad, not in google chrome not in file explorer. Pressing Num Lock doesn't change anything. Using an Asus UX31e Zenbook with external mouse, keyboard and monitor. Keyboard...
  6. Keyboard typing wrong symbol

Keyboard typing wrong symbol: Hey, My keyboard is having some error. 1. shift + 2 output " (should be @) 2. shift + 3 output £ (should be #) 3. shift + ' output @ (should be ") How should I fix this ? Regards, CXY...
  7. Keyboard typing many characters.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard typing many characters.: This is on a Dell Laptop Windows 10. So after a recent update, my keyboard has been really screwy. When I wish to type an 'r', 'v', 'e' or 'f' it will type out many characters and is always the same characters for example 'r' will type 'rweq43poiu' 'v' will do somewhat the...
  8. Keyboard Not Typing Correct Characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Not Typing Correct Characters: My brother has an HP laptop (Model bs057cl) that he hasn't used in about a year. When he boots the computer he's unable to use the keyboard normally. We brought up the onscreen keyboard which, although it works, does not match the normal qwerty keyboard layout. In fact, the...
  9. type a symbol or character representing more or less

in Windows 10 Support
    type a symbol or character representing more or less: How can we type a symbol or character representing more or less, ie. plus minus char. in one place, easily ? 116862
  10. Using keyboard to type symbols

in Windows 10 Support
    Using keyboard to type symbols: Can someone tell me how to type the symbol for the Russian Ruble using the keyboard on my laptop ? I had a list of symbols and icons that one could write years ago but I lost it and can't find it using Google. Thanks, Mick 114675