Windows 10: Keyboard not typing

Discus and support Keyboard not typing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Help me to get my keyboard typing please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-not-typing/f7ba409f-7177-4d81-a89b-f76a48e06810 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DelRobertshelldell, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Keyboard not typing

Help me to get my keyboard typing please

:)

DelRobertshelldell, Mar 10, 2019

2. Typing, keyboard

Hi,

There could be some reasons why you're having a problem with your keyboard. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your PC prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your PC using an antivirus program and check if this step will resolve the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Mar 10, 2019
  3. How do I change the default keyboard from handwriting to typing on Windows 10

Hi Paul,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you enabled the tablet mode settings on Windows 10?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn off on screen keyboard

• Open Start menu, type Settings in search bar and click on Settings.
    • Click on Ease of access and select keyboard.
    • Turn off the on screen keyboard.

Step 2: Turn off tablet mode

I suggest you to turn off tablet mode, as it may also be the cause for the issue.

• Open Start menu, type tablet mode settings in search bar and click on it.
    • Turn off the tablet mode option and check if it helps.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps.

Change your language or keyboard

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

The steps applies for Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Keyboard not typing

Issue with typing using keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with typing using keyboard.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which web browser are you using?
    • Are you facing this issue on all the web browsers?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Damaged hardware.

2. Missing Windows Updates.

3. Corrupt keyboard driver.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to connect an external keyboard and check if the issue persists or not.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all available Windows Updates and devices drivers from the computer manufacturer website.

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install latest keyboard driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard not typing

1. Keyboard not typing - Similar Threads - Keyboard typing

2. Keyboard types in Chinese in browser search bars

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard types in Chinese in browser search bars: Hello,I bought a Windows 10 Laptop in China, and installed English Language Windows on it. I have set up the Keyboard to use English UK, and removed the Chinese language keyboard in settings. The keyboard types in English in everything except the search bars in the wndows...
  3. How to type ೞ in microsoft keyboard for Kannada

How to type ೞ in microsoft keyboard for Kannada: How to type ೞ in microsoft keyboard for Kannada https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-type-%E0%B3%9E-in-microsoft-keyboard-for/2da35439-1ccc-4435-907d-b603cb957d4c
  4. Spilled water on my keyboard and now every keyboard I own wont type

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spilled water on my keyboard and now every keyboard I own wont type: I couldn't even enter my own pin,, I had to press 'forgot pin' and re type it. My keyboard works, all of them do, it's only when typing in my pin or when I'm actually in windows does it not, like legit nothing, no letters no numbers, . Not even on screen keyboard works. It's...
  5. Keys on my laptop keyboard open random applications and doesn't let me type

Keys on my laptop keyboard open random applications and doesn't let me type: Hello, This is my first time posting but I could really use some urgent help. I have windows 10 on my laptop and whenever I try and use the keyboard, the keys open random applications and won't let me type. For example pressing 't' opens the snipping tool and 'n' opens the...
  6. Keyboard typing wrong letters on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard typing wrong letters on Windows 10: Are you facing trouble with your keyboard? Is your keyboard typing the wrong letters? If yes, this post may help you. Here, we will describe some solutions to fix keyboard typing wrong letters. Sometimes, the problem is not as complicated as users think. Hence, before you...
  7. Keyboard typing 3.bn3.bn//

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard typing 3.bn3.bn//: I was trying to finish my Homework and my keyboard suddenly start messing typing like this : 3.bn3.bn//and it's keep typing own i don't know what problem is my keyboard and i use my new keyboard to stop that typing even isn't work they still typing that word.also when it...
  8. Keyboard opening shortcuts instead of typing letters in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard opening shortcuts instead of typing letters in Windows 10: Are you facing an issue in which random applications open when you press any key on the keyboard? If random applications open when pressing any key on the keyboard & the keyboard is opening shortcuts instead of typing letters, then this post may help you. The issue is very...
  9. Keyboard Unusable for Typing

Keyboard Unusable for Typing: For several months I have suffered with inconsistent keyboard issues. At first I assumed it was a Bluetooth issue and made various attempts to address that. Then I noticed it was also affecting my laptop keyboard as well. The letters I and other vowels seem predominantly...
  10. Keyboard typing extra letters

Keyboard typing extra letters: I've got a Lenovo e300 2nd gen running on Windows 10 Pro Education. An entire section of the keyboard is malfunctioning. When I press the 8 key in the top row, it types 13247890. When I push the i key, it types qewruiop. When I push the k key, it types adsfjkl;\. You'll...