Windows 10: keyboard not working after re-install

Discus and support keyboard not working after re-install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just had a new hard drive installed on my laptop, re-installed Win 10, keyboard and touch pad are not working have checked under devise manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jaegamgam, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Jaegamgam Win User

keyboard not working after re-install

I have just had a new hard drive installed on my laptop, re-installed Win 10, keyboard and touch pad are not working have checked under devise manager which said it was working properly. but it isnt!!!!

PLEASE Help !

:)

Jaegamgam, Feb 27, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 27, 2020
  4. keyboard not working after re-install

Wireless keyboard not working

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to connect the keyboard to a different computer and check if it works.

Apart from wireless keyboard, I would also suggest you to connect wired keyboard to the computer and check the status.

If issue still persists, try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Check in compatibility mode.

Download the keyboard drivers from your computer manufacture website for Windows 10.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed
      with the installation.
    • Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Ravindra Kamath, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

keyboard not working after re-install

1. keyboard not working after re-install - Similar Threads - keyboard working install

2. Re-installation of your product after re-installation of OS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-installation of your product after re-installation of OS: Hi, I am your customer.In 2019 I bought from you Microsoft Visio Professional 2019. I have an invoice number and order reference and the whole receipt. I need to re-install my operational System Windows 10. After that, I will need to re-install Visio. I do not remember if I...
  3. Re-installation of your product after re-installation of OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-installation of your product after re-installation of OS: Hi, I am your customer.In 2019 I bought from you Microsoft Visio Professional 2019. I have an invoice number and order reference and the whole receipt. I need to re-install my operational System Windows 10. After that, I will need to re-install Visio. I do not remember if I...
  4. Re-installation of your product after re-installation of OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After windows 10 re-install, mouse and keyboard doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After windows 10 re-install, mouse and keyboard doesn't work.: Windows had some bugs so I decided to reinstall windows and completely erase the harddrive windows 10 option, did not erase myself. After a LOOOOONNGGGG time, windows was uninstalled. So before re-installation, I am prompted with a blue screen asking me about my country,...
  6. Keyboard registered but not working after re-plugging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard registered but not working after re-plugging: Hi dear Windows10 community! I like to switch my keyboards from time to time and I just noticed that as soon as i unplug any USB keyboard and plug it back in, it will no longer work until the PC has been restarted. This is the case with my CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S and...
  7. Trackpad and keyboard not working after re-installing windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trackpad and keyboard not working after re-installing windows: So i had to to do a factory reset on my surface laptop 3. When it was almost finished it kept flashing the blue screen saying "your pc ran into a problem, we'll restart it for you" it was trying to restart and it would just go on a loop all day. So what i did was downloaded...
  8. File History No longer Works After a Re-Install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File History No longer Works After a Re-Install: I have two operating systems and both have had File History working for years. I re-installed an operating system, and when I tried to start the file history, I got the message "Could not re-associate with File History data. The service cannot be started, either because it...
  9. Windows 10 1903 keyboard not working & wont re-install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1903 keyboard not working & wont re-install: As part of reconditioning a HP Pavilion 15 laptop for resale, we cleared all user files, user apps, and updated windows 10 1903 on 29Sept. We did not keep windows.old regrettably. We noticed after a few days that the numlock wasn’t working, so we did the following: 1. Check...
  10. Audio is not working after Windows re install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio is not working after Windows re install: Computer is a RCA Cambio W101SA23T1 It was reset and the Windows buttons did not pop the tiles up. I thought Windows had been wiped clean. Geek Squad re installed Windows 10 1809 RTM I think, (new it came with 1703). Went to RCA for the proper drivers but the audio driver...