Windows 10: Keyboard not working after reinstalling windows

Discus and support Keyboard not working after reinstalling windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop Lenovo ideapad 330 was running slow so I decided to do a clean reinstall of Windows this afternoon. When it finished, my keyboard was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TessC_375, Nov 24, 2020.

1. TessC_375 Win User

Keyboard not working after reinstalling windows

My laptop Lenovo ideapad 330 was running slow so I decided to do a clean reinstall of Windows this afternoon. When it finished, my keyboard was not working.

I’ve had this issue before when I updated in October, but I can’t remember what I did to fix it. I’ve tried updating windows, uninstalling keyboard drivers, checking for driver updates. Nothing is working.

What do I do?

:)

TessC_375, Nov 24, 2020

2. keyboard is not working on Windows 10.

Hi Dorrie,

Thanks for keeping us posted on the above post.

Please reply:

• Did you try updating the keyboard driver?

• Are you not able to use the keyboard after logging in into the user profile?

• Did you check if similar issue persists on connecting another keyboard to the device?

• What is the exact issue you are facing?

Method 1: Update, uninstall and reinstall the keyboard drivers.

Step 1: If you haven’t tried, update the keyboard driver by referring to the above mentioned steps and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: If the issue persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard driver and the software by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device manager from the context menu.

• Expand Keyboard, right click on the keyboard driver and select
      Uninstall from the context menu.

• Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the device to get uninstalled.

• Restart the PC and check if the keyboard driver is reinstalled.

• Check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If you are unable to use the keyboard after logging in into the user profile, I suggest you to use another keyboard and check if similar issue persists.

Write to us with the status of the issue and the answers to the above questions for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 24, 2020
  3. keyboard is not working on Windows 10.

I have done all suggested steps and additionally was on the phone with Microsoft support for 2 (yes TWO) hours after a 4 (YES FOUR) hour call-back wait, and support could not fix the issues that were the result of an MS 10 update. The MS SUPPORT PERSON, AFTER
    2 HOURS, TRIED TO TRANSFER ME TO SOMEONE WITH MORE EXPERIENCE WITH ON-SCREEN KEYBOARDS UNDER MS 10, BUT WE WERE DISCONNECTED. I am now waiting another 4-5 hours for ANOTHER call-back. EVen 2 restores did not work.

KathleenPapajohn, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Keyboard not working after reinstalling windows - Similar Threads - Keyboard working reinstalling

2. PIN not working after windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PIN not working after windows reinstall: So today I reinstalled windows for the first time, I chose to keep my files. It took the whole day to complete. Or at least 3 hours. So after the reinstall, I try to log back in and see that where it usually says "PIN" because I use a pin and not a password had changed to...
  3. Part of my keyboard doesn't work or works at random after reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Part of my keyboard doesn't work or works at random after reinstall: I reinstalled Windows 10 and after a few weeks I noticed a problem with my keyboard. Some of the keys on the right side particularly 0-P{};',./ and the UP ARROW stop working at random. Sometimes if I keep the key pressed, it has this weird behavior where it types the key,...
  4. Part of my keyboard doesn't work or works at random after reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Part of my keyboard doesn't work or works at random after reinstall: I reinstalled Windows 10 and after a few weeks I noticed a problem with my keyboard. Some of the keys on the right side particularly 0-P{};',./ and the UP ARROW stop working at random. Sometimes if I keep the key pressed, it has this weird behavior where it types the key,...
  5. Part of my keyboard doesn't work or works at random after reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Backlit keyboard not working after reinstalling Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Backlit keyboard not working after reinstalling Win 10: Hi!I own an Asus gaming laptop, the ROG Strix GL503VD and I've recently had some problems with the hybrid drive the laptop came with it got corrupted, so I had to reinstall Windows 10 64-bit on a new, separate SSD I bought myself. All is working great, except my backlit...
  7. Keyboard driver automatic reinstallation after windows update

Keyboard driver automatic reinstallation after windows update: I have asus x540la laptop on which my keyboard has malfunctioned so it sometimes starts typing random letters and words. I had disabled the built-in keyboard by installing an incompatible driver for it. But as I updated my windows to latest version using windows update...
  8. Mouse/Keyboard delay after windows 10 reinstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse/Keyboard delay after windows 10 reinstalled: Hello everyone. I have recently been experiencing an issue which started a couple of days ago. I bought a new computer case and took everything out of the old case and into the new one. Then I reinstalled windows 10 because I wanted to remove a lot of stuff on the computer...
  9. Keyboard won't work when reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard won't work when reinstalling Windows: I have an old computer that was given to me - Dell Vostro 200. When it was reset Windows 10 was removed from the device. I have Windows on a USB to reinstall, but when the windows page comes up asking for my country, language, timezone etc my keyboard no longer works. It does...
  10. Windows Audio Not Working after reinstall

Windows Audio Not Working after reinstall: Hello I have tried every fix I know for this. My audio is in the green slot, I have tried Downloading drivers from my devices manufacturer, I have tried using windows drivers. None of these have worked. I have even tried going through my BIOS to see if there was a problem...