Windows 10: keyboard not working after waking up from sleep

Discus and support keyboard not working after waking up from sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a dell desktop running windows 10, all patches and updates are applied both from Microsoft and Dell. The computer goes to sleep after 30... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bill 64920, May 14, 2020.

1. keyboard not working after waking up from sleep

Hi,

I have a dell desktop running windows 10, all patches and updates are applied both from Microsoft and Dell. The computer goes to sleep after 30 minutes, and at least twice a day, when I wake it up the keyboard doesn't work, and I get a pop up message that a usb device connected to the computer has failed. The only way out is to shut the computer off, start it back up, then after its back up unplug the keyboard and plug it back in. Then it works again. Until next time.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Bill

:)

Bill 64920, May 14, 2020

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 14, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, May 14, 2020
  4. keyboard not working after waking up from sleep

After Creators Update, keyboard no longer works after waking from sleep

Same problem, but with laptop keyboard. None of the four steps listed above resolved the issue.

One thing I discovered is that the problem only occurs when the laptop is running off battery power; presumably, something is turning the keyboard off during sleep to save power, but is not turning it back on when waking the laptop back up. I can use the
    touchscreen to sign back in, but even then, the keyboard does not turn back on. If I plug the laptop in, put it in sleep mode, then resume, the keyboard works again; but this hardly addresses the issue.

Under device manager > keyboards > HID keyboard device > properties > power management, "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is unchecked and grayed out. "Allow this device to wake the computer" is checked. Windows says the driver is
    up to date. Not sure what else to try.

privacypenguin, May 14, 2020
Thema:

keyboard not working after waking up from sleep

1. keyboard not working after waking up from sleep - Similar Threads - keyboard working waking

2. 0x9f after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0x9f after waking up from sleep: Around 3 to 4 months ago, my computer used to function properly after waking up. However, currently, it frequently encounters a 0x9f BSOD. If anyone has any insights regarding this issue, I would highly appreciate them. Here are the recent *.dmp files:...
  3. 0x9f after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x9f after waking up from sleep: Around 3 to 4 months ago, my computer used to function properly after waking up. However, currently, it frequently encounters a 0x9f BSOD. If anyone has any insights regarding this issue, I would highly appreciate them. Here are the recent *.dmp files:...
  4. Keyboard Not Recognized After Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Not Recognized After Wake From Sleep: My Corsair K70 RGB keyboard is not recognized after waking my Windows 10 computer from sleep. The only way to get the keyboard working again is using any of the two options listed below: disconnect and reconnect the keyboard to the two rear USB 2.0 ports shutdown the...
  5. Win10 IPv4 not working after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 IPv4 not working after waking up from sleep: I have a few Win10 PC at home and they all start having network connection issue over WiFi since a few days ago, after Windows update. I did some troubleshooting and found the network issue happens when the PC wake up from sleep mode. And interesting enough only IPv4 is...
  6. No sound after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound after waking up from sleep: I just clean installed my windows 10, and I have been dealing with this issue with the sound on both my monitor with built in speakers would be gone after waking up from sleep mode. To be clear: I have 2 monitors with built in speakers, one connected to my hdmi and another...
  7. After waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After waking up from sleep: After waking up from sleep, how do I require a password sign-in. I don't want anyone to wake up my computer and see my desktop. Want to require my password to be entered to get access....
  8. Keyboard and monitor doesn’t work after waking from Sleep

Keyboard and monitor doesn’t work after waking from Sleep: I have installed Windows 10 on my desktop. I always try to restart after a "sleep" by pressing the mouse button. It usually starts ok, but sometimes the monitor and keyboard don't activate. I have to power off/power on to get them working again. ***Modified title from:...
  9. Laptop keyboard does not work after waking from sleep

Laptop keyboard does not work after waking from sleep: I have a HP Pavilion laptop, and in the last week, the keyboard has stopped working when I wake the computer from sleep. I am still able to log on using the on-screen touch keyboard. After about 30 seconds after I have logged in, the physical keyboard starts working again....
  10. Keyboard/Mouse not working randomly after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard/Mouse not working randomly after waking up from sleep: So there are a couple of times (not very often) when my keyboard OR mouse doesn't work after waking up my Win 10 system from sleep. What I do is to let it sleep and wake it up again and everything seems to be normal again. Not something major but definitely an annoyance. The...