Windows 10: keyboard not working and not showing up in device manager

Discus and support keyboard not working and not showing up in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All, looks like my keyboard has dissapeared from my device manager list and i dont know how to get it back. ive tried troubleshooting the keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MattyTracey, Apr 3, 2020.

1. keyboard not working and not showing up in device manager

Hi All,

looks like my keyboard has dissapeared from my device manager list and i dont know how to get it back. ive tried troubleshooting the keyboard and restarting but both of them do not work. keyboard not working and not showing up in device manager 58946c84-f760-431d-98c4-66b39aa11f8b?upload=true.png

:)

MattyTracey, Apr 3, 2020

2. USB devices not working after Device Manager spring clean

The USB ports started failing intermittently again and then permanently.

Reinstalled 1703 again and that fixed it for a while then they started failing again.

When I plug in any peripheral it shows up in device manager with the exclamation mark.

I right-click 'update driver'
    Choose 'browse my computer...'
    'Let me pick from a list of...'
    Select the best candidate

Then the device will work. Until it is unplugged and plugged in again...

Then we are back to square one for that device.

Are there any suggestions for kicking the USB hub back to life so it recognises ordinary USB devices like mouses and keyboards without a manual driver update?

mojorising, Apr 3, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Jorge Tan Win User

keyboard not working and not showing up in device manager

Keyboard Not working in Windows 10

Hi,

We would suggest you to update your keyboard driver. To update your keyboard driver, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for Keyboards and then double-click it.
    • Click on the Keyboard tab and choose Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

keyboard not working and not showing up in device manager

1. keyboard not working and not showing up in device manager - Similar Threads - keyboard working showing

2. "Keyboards" is not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Keyboards" is not showing up in device manager: My keyboard stopped working and when I try to check the drivers, the entire keyboard option is missing. I'm not too good with computers so I don't know if its a drivers issue or hardware. The keyboard works on other devices and my mouse still works on the computer. I tried...
  3. "Keyboards" is not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Keyboards" is not showing up in device manager: My keyboard stopped working and when I try to check the drivers, the entire keyboard option is missing. I'm not too good with computers so I don't know if its a drivers issue or hardware. The keyboard works on other devices and my mouse still works on the computer. I tried...
  4. "Keyboards" is not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not showing up in device manager: Keyboard not showing up in device manager and it doesn't workProblem Start Date : May 12 / 2022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-not-showing-up-in-device-manager/8fec0848-3e73-40c6-b462-18a4cc0d6546
  6. Keyboard not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard not showing up in device manager: Keyboard not showing up in device manager and it doesn't workProblem Start Date : May 12 / 2022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-not-showing-up-in-device-manager/8fec0848-3e73-40c6-b462-18a4cc0d6546
  7. Bluetooth not working, and not showing up on Device Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not working, and not showing up on Device Manager: [ATTACH] Hi, Randomly, the bluetooth functionality on my laptop has stopped working. It doesn't even show up on Device manager. However, a random error for a USB device is mentioned. I've attached it below. The laptop details are: HP Envy 13t - 2019 laptop Motherboard...
  8. Lenovo laptop keyboard doesn't work and doesn't show up in Device manager

Lenovo laptop keyboard doesn't work and doesn't show up in Device manager: Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble with my laptop keyboard. I tried using a utility to update a bunch of my drivers at once (stupid, I know) without creating a restore point before (stupider). After doing that, and restarting my laptop to apply the changes, my keyboard and...
  9. keyboard not working and not showing up in device manager

keyboard not working and not showing up in device manager: hi. using on-screen keyboard to type this . my laptop keyboard is not working except the power button, indicating it is a software issue. when i go to device manager to update the driver , there is no keyboard option available . it is simply not there. how do i update my...
  10. keyboards that are removed show up in device manager

keyboards that are removed show up in device manager: since a few weeks none of my keyboards work. first i suspected the usb slot, so i plugged it to anothe, when this was no help to yet another. since then the device manager shows 3 hid keyboards, all with error 39. i ried to unistall them and restart the pc. all three are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Keyboard not showing in device manager Windows 7

2. no keyboard in device manager

3. system keyboard is not listead in device manager

4. How to fix no keyboard in device manager.,
  5. laptop keyboards not in device manager,
  6. is my keyboard supposed to show up in the device manager,
  7. cant find keyboard in device manager,
  8. nu vot,
  9. keyboard does not show up in device manager,
  10. no keyboard on device manager,
  11. device manager doesnt show keyboard,