Windows 10: Keyboard not working during boot/bios

Discus and support Keyboard not working during boot/bios in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there so I have an old samsung n100sp which i did some upgrades on so i bought a new ssd which i need to install windows but i cant since my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zunayed Eshan1, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Keyboard not working during boot/bios

Hi there so I have an old samsung n100sp which i did some upgrades on so i bought a new ssd which i need to install windows but i cant since my keyboard that came with the laptop is damaged like half of it works half doesnt thus making it useless in bios and i tried finding the same keyboard on a repair store no luck but it is available online like in my country and worldwide but it will take a good amount of time so i bought an external keyboard so that i can move around my bios and boot but it turns out it doesnt work during boot i tried it on my newer laptop from 2016 and it worked like a c

:)

Zunayed Eshan1, Apr 22, 2024

2. Mouse/Keyboard work in BIOS, they do not work once computer boots

I have been using computers for over 25 years now, and I have never run across a problem like this. Backstory: I built my current PC about a year ago. Everything worked perfectly until about 5 days ago. At that point, it needed to restart. I restarted it, and upon boot neither the mouse or keyboard would respond. I tried a different mouse and keyboard, they did not work either. I tried both of the mice and keyboards with another PC, and they worked fine. This absolutely rules out the problem being the inputs.Then, I noticed that the mouse and keyboard do work in BIOS. However, after exiting BIOS and booting, they stop responding altogether. I have gone into system recovery countless times and tried literally every recovery option listed, to no avail. Any suggestions to help would be GREATLY appreciated. For the past 5 days I have literally had a $3000 paperweight.

JamesKBoyd, Apr 22, 2024
  3. barlowLAD Win User
    Keyboard not working during boot

Hi all,

I have windows 7 installed on a ssd, and the boot time is quick! however Im wondering if its too quick, as the lights on the keyboard dont come on until im into windows, so I cant access the bios, I bought a cheap keyboard to make sure my ms sidewinder x4 wasnt broke.

Any suggestions?

barlowLAD, Apr 22, 2024
  4. spy2520 Win User

Keyboard not working during boot/bios

keyboard doesnt work on boot

i was in the middle of overclocking when all of a sudden the keyboard (ps/2) no longer works in POST. So i cant get into the bios options, i can just watch it boot up. Weird thing is the keyboard works once vista boots up.

The last thing i did in the bios was increase dram voltage from 2.20 to 2.24 or something like that, then when it rebooted i couldnt use the keyboard anymore.

Now its back at stock settings and still wont work outside of windows, no lights or anything.

spy2520, Apr 22, 2024
Thema:

Keyboard not working during boot/bios

1. Keyboard not working during boot/bios - Similar Threads - Keyboard working during

2. Keyboard not working during boot/bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working during boot/bios: Hi there so I have an old samsung n100sp which i did some upgrades on so i bought a new ssd which i need to install windows but i cant since my keyboard that came with the laptop is damaged like half of it works half doesnt thus making it useless in bios and i tried finding...
  3. Keyboard isn't working during setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard isn't working during setup: I got a hp laptop secondhand recently from my brother who gifted it to me, he had factory reset it before this.I started the basic Cortana setup and can't type anything into the internet password field and the PC user name field. I can't get past the username field without...
  4. Keyboard not working during login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard not working during login: The keyboard doesn't function on the login screen. But as I click on the Ease of Access button, it starts working. Moreover, on multiple occasions, the keyboard starts entering random characters and I need to restart to rectify it....
  5. PC cold boot stops during BIOS, works on restart/warm boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC cold boot stops during BIOS, works on restart/warm boot: For the past few weeks when powering up my elderly PC it almost always stops during BIOS after displaying the CPU details (1st image). Pressing the Reboot button on the front panel it boots fine every time (2nd image). As the next line it would display is the memory check ok...
  6. Cannot use keyboard during boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot use keyboard during boot: I have a laptop running Windows 10. My disk has more than one boot partition. During boot-up, I am not able to use the keyboard of the laptop to select the partition to boot. I have to plug in a USB-keyboard to do it. Would appreciate some help. Thks, techgoo....
  7. keyboard and black screen during boot process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard and black screen during boot process: My computer, hp i3 core running windows 10, gives me a black screen and the image of keyboard during boot up and will not go any further. How do around this? or possibly get into safe mode without full boot up?...
  8. Mouse/Keyboard work in BIOS, they do not work once computer boots

Mouse/Keyboard work in BIOS, they do not work once computer boots: I have been using computers for over 25 years now, and I have never run across a problem like this. Backstory: I built my current PC about a year ago. Everything worked perfectly until about 5 days ago. At that point, it needed to restart. I restarted it, and upon boot...
  9. Laptop Keyboard Stops working during Boot

Laptop Keyboard Stops working during Boot: I have had this problem on and off with this laptop for some time. Sometimes I could fix it with just flipping the laptop all the way over and back a few times and the laptop keyboard would come out of tablet mode and work. You can see for a very few short seconds the...
  10. Cannot access Bios or Boot Menu during startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access Bios or Boot Menu during startup: I'm using a Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H motherboard and installed some DVD drives to rip music off of CDs. Doing so, the boot order got messed up and I was unable to get to the Boot Menu (F12 key) or the Bios (using the delete key). I tried a wired USB keyboard and tried using the...