Windows 10: keyboard not working in Microsoft apps. Works elsewhere

Discus and support keyboard not working in Microsoft apps. Works elsewhere in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft, I have noticed following: Keyboard randomly stops working only for Microsoft apps like: Cortana, Edge web browser. On restarts its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Toughgamer3, Mar 24, 2019.

1. keyboard not working in Microsoft apps. Works elsewhere

Hi Microsoft,

I have noticed following:

• Keyboard randomly stops working only for Microsoft apps like: Cortana, Edge web browser.
    • On restarts its starts working sometimes.
    • Keyboard is very stable on every other non Microsoft apps.
    • Troubleshooter shows no errors.
    • Driver has no update issues.
    • Hardware and software is stable as per in device manager and troubleshooter.
    • Even wireless/Bluetooth keyboard have the same exact issue. Works on every other software else than Microsoft ones.

Please resolve this.

:)

Toughgamer3, Mar 24, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

Keyboard not working...

well damn. i missed that somehow.

All i can suggest is that if the keys keep failing, wiggle the cord, try another port... and get another keyboard. return it, RMA it, sell it, whatever. Grab a logitech or microsoft keyboard, and suffer no more!

Mussels, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Mar 24, 2019
  4. keyboard not working in Microsoft apps. Works elsewhere

Built in keyboard not working

I recently purchased an ASUS ROG GL553VD Notebook Computer and a few weeks ago the keyboard stopped working. After a few restarts it worked again, but today the problem came back, and was not fixed by any amount of restarting. Several people on past posts said to reinstall they Keyboard driver, but there was no Keyboard section in the Device Manager. I am currently resetting the laptop to factory settings to see if that fixes the issue. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DanielJH99, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

keyboard not working in Microsoft apps. Works elsewhere

1. keyboard not working in Microsoft apps. Works elsewhere - Similar Threads - keyboard working Microsoft

2. Microsoft Keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Keyboard stopped working: After a recent Win10 update my Microsoft keyboard stopped working. Uninstalled/re-Installed. Even bought a brand new keyboard and mouse and installed new software. No effect. My computer will not recognize the physical keyboard at all. After much digging it turns out that a...
  3. Most Microsoft Photos app keyboard shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most Microsoft Photos app keyboard shortcuts not working: Hello,In the Microsoft Photos app, the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+E edit, Ctrl+W exit and Ctrl+0 reset zoom are no longer working. They were working fine a last week. I use these three a lot. Other keyboard shortcuts, like Ctrl+R rotate, Ctrl++ zoom in and Ctrl+- zoom out, are...
  4. My keyboard doesn't work in microsoft or windows apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My keyboard doesn't work in microsoft or windows apps: Hi, a while ago, after a Windows update, I noticed that my keyboard had stopped working on things like the cortana search bar. After a while I realized that it did not let me type in the search for Settings or things like that, it is really annoying because on my desktop I...
  5. My keyboard doesn't work in microsoft or windows apps

My keyboard doesn't work in microsoft or windows apps: Hi, a while ago, after a Windows update, I noticed that my keyboard had stopped working on things like the cortana search bar. After a while I realized that it did not let me type in the search for Settings or things like that, it is really annoying because on my desktop I...
  6. Microsoft Sculpt keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Sculpt keyboard not working: I just bought a new Microsoft Sculpt keyboard and mouse. The mouse and number pad are working fine but the keyboard isn't. I check the drivers and it says the device is working but i'm not getting any response from it. I checked the batteries, they are fine and a...
  7. Keyboard works but doesn’t work in Microsoft software???

Keyboard works but doesn’t work in Microsoft software???: So this is odd but i updated my pc drivers the other day and now my keyboard isnt recognized when im on my desktop page, cant search cant type a letter ok any of the microsoft side including microsoft edge but.... once i use chrome, itunes or when checking the advanced...
  8. Typing with Keyboard not working with Windows/Microsoft related apps

Typing with Keyboard not working with Windows/Microsoft related apps: Hi guys, Been having this problem for a while now that I can't type in my search bar or any other windows applications ie Edge, Store etc. I have been living with this for a few months now but have recently attempted to play Sea of Thieves on PC (unfortunately can only be...
  9. mouse click not working on desktop but works on task bar and elsewhere.

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse click not working on desktop but works on task bar and elsewhere.: First noticed this behavior after logging in with splashtop. The mouse cursor showed the busy pointer when hovering over the desktop. I accessed the system directly (got between chair and keyboard) and observed that I could not click on any shortcut or folder. Task bar...
  10. Keyboard not working in system apps

Keyboard not working in system apps: Hello, I reinstalled windows and now the keyboard doesn't work in system aplications like find or settings. It really bothers me because I can use it anywhere else in the system. I'm even typing this out on this very keyboard. What could be wrong?...