Windows 10: Keyboard Not Working in Pre-installed apps

Discus and support Keyboard Not Working in Pre-installed apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My keyboard works fine when used in Google chrome and games lanched through steam. But when i try to type in the bottom left search-bar or when using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cursay11, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Keyboard Not Working in Pre-installed apps

My keyboard works fine when used in Google chrome and games lanched through steam. But when i try to type in the bottom left search-bar or when using Xbox game-companion my keyboard doesn’t do anything.

Has anyone had a similar problem or does anyone know what the solution could be?

Help would be much appreciated.

submitted by /u/cursay11
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cursay11, Sep 25, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Sep 25, 2020
  3. HasZK Win User
    Newroom App (pre-installed with Mango) Doesn't Launch

The Newsroom app/tile that was pre-installed (Mango) doesn't fully launch anymore after I added a stock to my list of stocks tracked. The app starts up and then it goes back to the main tile screen almost immediately. I looked for settings for this app
    and couldn't find any and went to the Marketplace to re-purchase/re-install, but couldn't find the app. Any suggestions to fix? Thanks.

HasZK, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard Not Working in Pre-installed apps

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard Not Working in Pre-installed apps

1. Keyboard Not Working in Pre-installed apps - Similar Threads - Keyboard Working Pre

2. No Pre-installed apps on windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Pre-installed apps on windows: When I formatted my laptop first of all window get deleted then after many trials window came back but it start showing window is not activated..Now after that, there are no windows default apps like Microsoft store, window media player, defender, etc etc.Please tell me how...
  3. pre installed windows camera app not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pre installed windows camera app not working?: pre installed windows camera app not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pre-installed-windows-camera-app-not-working/2215bc29-ebb7-486b-bd7e-6f02b216682e
  4. pre installed windows camera app not working?

pre installed windows camera app not working?: pre installed windows camera app not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pre-installed-windows-camera-app-not-working/2215bc29-ebb7-486b-bd7e-6f02b216682e
  5. Pre installed apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pre installed apps: Hey, I want to do a factory reset on my Acer predator laptop.Here are my questions, just to be sure.I want to remove EVERYTHING. I want to remove everything except for the pre installed apps, is it possible?If I do a factory reset of my windows 11 Acer Predator laptop, will I...
  6. Pre installed apps

Pre installed apps: Hey, I want to do a factory reset on my Acer predator laptop.Here are my questions, just to be sure.I want to remove EVERYTHING. I want to remove everything except for the pre installed apps, is it possible?If I do a factory reset of my windows 11 Acer Predator laptop, will I...
  7. Pre installed apps not working.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Pre installed apps not working.: I have recently had issues with pre-installed apps on my laptop. Things like the app store and photo viewer don't work. What makes this 10x more frustrating is that the feedback hub and the Get help apps also don't work so i cant even report the issue. This is extremally...
  8. Pre installed apps on Windows 10 Not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pre installed apps on Windows 10 Not working: Hi, I switched to windows 10 when I got a new PC almost about half a year ago. I was excited as I loved the GUI. Once I switched though, I was having all sorts of issues such as: Too many updates the updates would slow down the computer keep reading to find out how it...
  9. Pre installed Apps

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pre installed Apps: i want my pre installed apps back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pre-installed-apps/c5a54a30-2bab-4f63-876d-10191373ae9e
  10. issue with pre-installed apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    issue with pre-installed apps: most of my microsoft apps like store,movies and tv,help,groove music,calculator etc are not working and not opening at all. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-pre-installed-apps/ccaf6ea1-8172-47ea-88ac-90e08d0a85cf"