Windows 10: Keyboard not working in system apps

Discus and support Keyboard not working in system apps in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I reinstalled windows and now the keyboard doesn't work in system aplications like find or settings. It really bothers me because I can use it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ladislav Marko, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Keyboard not working in system apps

Hello,

I reinstalled windows and now the keyboard doesn't work in system aplications like find or settings. It really bothers me because I can use it anywhere else in the system. I'm even typing this out on this very keyboard. What could be wrong?

:)

Ladislav Marko, Apr 2, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Keyboard not working in system apps

Wireless keyboard not working

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to connect the keyboard to a different computer and check if it works.

Apart from wireless keyboard, I would also suggest you to connect wired keyboard to the computer and check the status.

If issue still persists, try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Check in compatibility mode.

Download the keyboard drivers from your computer manufacture website for Windows 10.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed
      with the installation.
    • Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Ravindra Kamath, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard not working in system apps

1. Keyboard not working in system apps - Similar Threads - Keyboard working system

2. Keyboard stopped working on system!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard stopped working on system!: Keyboard is working fine with the web browser/s. However can't type anything while in the system, i.e., finding a setting. sometimes keyboard is working but coming up 2 letter with One stroke, i.e., mmiiccrroossoofftt!!!These are happening with or without external keyboard...
  3. Keyboard stopped working on system!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard stopped working on system!: Keyboard is working fine with the web browser/s. However can't type anything while in the system, i.e., finding a setting. sometimes keyboard is working but coming up 2 letter with One stroke, i.e., mmiiccrroossoofftt!!!These are happening with or without external keyboard...
  4. Keyboard is not working on the system!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard is not working on the system!: Keyboard is working fine with the web browser/s. However can type anything while in the system, i.e., finding a setting. sometimes keyboard is working but coming up 2 letter with One stroke, i.e., mmiiccrroossoofftt!!!These are happening with or without external keyboard...
  5. Keyboard is not working on the system!

Keyboard is not working on the system!: Keyboard is working fine with the web browser/s. However can type anything while in the system, i.e., finding a setting. sometimes keyboard is working but coming up 2 letter with One stroke, i.e., mmiiccrroossoofftt!!!These are happening with or without external keyboard...
  6. System apps not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System apps not working: So when I try to use any system app, settings for example, and I click on the search box, it instantly selects the first thing that it would if I had pressed tab it puts the white box around it. This basically makes it so that I can not use any system app at all. I have tried...
  7. System apps not working

System apps not working: So when I try to use any system app, settings for example, and I click on the search box, it instantly selects the first thing that it would if I had pressed tab it puts the white box around it. This basically makes it so that I can not use any system app at all. I have tried...
  8. System apps not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Keyboard is not working in system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard is not working in system: Hello, I am having issues with my Keyboard Hypergear pro gaming series I can use the keyboard fine in the web browser or the programas but is not letting me ussing in windows, the search bar, setting and that kind of stuff.I already try differents keyboards also I make sure...
  10. System beeping and keyboard not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System beeping and keyboard not working.: The computer is making beep beep sound after startup and keyboard is never working also not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-beeping-and-keyboard-not-working/ff77ace0-c62f-456d-b187-aa5b35ffc748