Windows 10: Keyboard not working in Windows 10

Discus and support Keyboard not working in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am running Windows using VMware Fusion virtual machine. When I start Windows I send Ctrl-Alt-Del to go to the logon window. The keyboard is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VanceLoertscher, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Keyboard not working in Windows 10

I am running Windows using VMware Fusion virtual machine. When I start Windows I send Ctrl-Alt-Del to go to the logon window. The keyboard is not functional to enter password. The mouse works (to send Ctrl-Alt-Del).

:)

VanceLoertscher, Oct 13, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Keyboard not working in Windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard not working in Windows 10

1. Keyboard not working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Keyboard working

2. New Microsoft Arc keyboard suddenly stopped working have tried on two different laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Microsoft Arc keyboard suddenly stopped working have tried on two different laptops: I recently bought a new Microsoft Arc keyboard which worked well for a week. It suddenly stopped working on a windows 11 laptop. I even tried on a different windows 10 laptop but the keyboard is not working on either.The keyboard is recognised on both laptops, drivers are...
  3. New Microsoft Arc keyboard suddenly stopped working have tried on two different laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Microsoft Arc keyboard suddenly stopped working have tried on two different laptops: I recently bought a new Microsoft Arc keyboard which worked well for a week. It suddenly stopped working on a windows 11 laptop. I even tried on a different windows 10 laptop but the keyboard is not working on either.The keyboard is recognised on both laptops, drivers are...
  4. New Microsoft Arc keyboard suddenly stopped working have tried on two different laptops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard not working during boot/bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working during boot/bios: Hi there so I have an old samsung n100sp which i did some upgrades on so i bought a new ssd which i need to install windows but i cant since my keyboard that came with the laptop is damaged like half of it works half doesnt thus making it useless in bios and i tried finding...
  6. Keyboard not working during boot/bios

Keyboard not working during boot/bios: Hi there so I have an old samsung n100sp which i did some upgrades on so i bought a new ssd which i need to install windows but i cant since my keyboard that came with the laptop is damaged like half of it works half doesnt thus making it useless in bios and i tried finding...
  7. My keyboard does not work in the Start menu, works everywhere else

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard does not work in the Start menu, works everywhere else: Hello there,I am running Windows 11 Home 23H2. I am using a Logitech G815 keyboard. All my apps and Windows are updated regularly. I checked a couple of videos of YouTube for help, but unfortunately, I am still experiencing the same issue. At this very moment, I am typing...
  8. My keyboard does not work in the Start menu, works everywhere else

My keyboard does not work in the Start menu, works everywhere else: Hello there,I am running Windows 11 Home 23H2. I am using a Logitech G815 keyboard. All my apps and Windows are updated regularly. I checked a couple of videos of YouTube for help, but unfortunately, I am still experiencing the same issue. At this very moment, I am typing...
  9. Windows and caps lock key wont work on any keyboard. WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows and caps lock key wont work on any keyboard. WINDOWS 11: Hi! Im new to windows Only 1 month using it and im already getting stressed.2 weeks ago my windows key stopped working ON EVERY KEYBOARD so i cant use shortcuts such as Windows+G.Then, today my caps lock key randomly started failing ON EVERY KEYBOARD, since caps lock disables...
  10. Windows and caps lock key wont work on any keyboard. WINDOWS 11

Windows and caps lock key wont work on any keyboard. WINDOWS 11: Hi! Im new to windows Only 1 month using it and im already getting stressed.2 weeks ago my windows key stopped working ON EVERY KEYBOARD so i cant use shortcuts such as Windows+G.Then, today my caps lock key randomly started failing ON EVERY KEYBOARD, since caps lock disables...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no keyboard input on pc windows 10