Windows 10: Keyboard not working on log in screen

Discus and support Keyboard not working on log in screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My keyboard isn't typing letters and numbers on log in screen! I tried on screen keyboard and i the same issue. Buttons like CAPS and SHIFT work fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Matea Onii, Jul 12, 2022.

1. Keyboard not working on log in screen

My keyboard isn't typing letters and numbers on log in screen! I tried on screen keyboard and i the same issue. Buttons like CAPS and SHIFT work fine. Filter keys are off and its still not working.

:)

Matea Onii, Jul 12, 2022

2. Keyboard not working

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you

Based on your description, it looks like the user profile is corrupted. I would suggest you try on-screen keyboard and check if you are able to log-in. Try the below provided steps:

• On the bottom left corner of the User screen click on
      Ease of Access.

• Click on On-Screen Keyboard.

• And try to log-in.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to assist you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 12, 2022
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade and cannot log in as keyboard not working

Hello Kathryn,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, since when are you facing the above issue?

You may be facing the above issue due to the change in hardware components or non-updated keyboard drivers on your PC.

Step 1: If you are unable to login into your user account, I suggest you to use on-screen keyboard by following the steps below and check if you are able to login.

The On-screen keyboard is located in the Ease of access center located at the bottom left corner of the lock screen. It acts as a temporary keyboard in-case your keyboard does not work.

• Click on the Ease of access icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen.

• Select on-screen keyboard option and type the password.

• After typing, click on the icon located next to the password entry box and check if you have typed the correct password.

• Press Enter and check if you are able to login into the user profile.

Step 2: After logging in, update the
    keyboard drivers manually from Device manager and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager.

• Expand Keyboards, right click on the keyboard driver and select
      Update option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• After updating, close the window and check if the changes are effective.
    Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jul 12, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard not working on log in screen

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 12, 2022
Thema:

Keyboard not working on log in screen

1. Keyboard not working on log in screen - Similar Threads - Keyboard working log

2. Keyboard not working on log in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard not working on log in screen: My keyboard isn't typing letters and numbers on log in screen! I tried on screen keyboard and i the same issue. Buttons like CAPS and SHIFT work fine. Filter keys are off and its still not working....
  3. Keyboard not working on log in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard not working on log in screen: My keyboard isn't typing letters and numbers on log in screen! I tried on screen keyboard and i the same issue. Buttons like CAPS and SHIFT work fine. Filter keys are off and its still not working....
  4. Mousse and keyboard doesn’t work at the log in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mousse and keyboard doesn’t work at the log in screen: Today I was sitting at my computer when suddenly the internet/Wi-Fi stops working, nothing shows up even though all my other devices has working Wi-Fi. I proceed to go into settings and press troubleshoot in the Wi-Fi tab in settings. Then it says “fixing issue” or something...
  5. Mousse and keyboard doesn’t work at the log in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mousse and keyboard doesn’t work at the log in screen: Today I was sitting at my computer when suddenly the internet/Wi-Fi stops working, nothing shows up even though all my other devices has working Wi-Fi. I proceed to go into settings and press troubleshoot in the Wi-Fi tab in settings. Then it says “fixing issue” or something...
  6. Mousse and keyboard doesn’t work at the log in screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Keyboard physical & on-screen not working on Microsoft Account log-in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard physical & on-screen not working on Microsoft Account log-in screen: I am unable to type in the user password when trying to to log into a new user account account is an existing MS account, it's just new on this computer pop-up, but I can type the user password into the local admin password field on the login. Unfortunately, I don't have an...
  8. Keyboard won't work on log in screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard won't work on log in screen: I recently reseted my pc a HP rp5800 with windows 10, upon the log in screen pressing any key won't work so I'm stuck at the lock screen, please tell me how to fix this, I wanna be able to use my computer again...
  9. No log in screen and keyboard/mouse not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No log in screen and keyboard/mouse not working: I have windows10. Problems started with no internet. Now there is no log in option on the screen, just shows the time. Wireless Keyboard and mouse stopped working too. From googling possible fixes ive done the following:- Unplugged the wireless adapter, changed batteries...
  10. Keyboard (physical & on-screen) not working on log-in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard (physical & on-screen) not working on log-in screen: Hello together, my keyboard stopped working on the login screen (no crashes etc, just on day in the morning). Sadly I cant use the on-screen keyboard, because I will get an error message stating "Could not start the on-screen keyboard". However, the keyboard works in...