Windows 10: Keyboard not working on windows 10 interfaces

Discus and support Keyboard not working on windows 10 interfaces in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So windows doesn't recognize my keyboard in any interface. It doesn't work on the search bar, nor the file explorer, settings, defender, anywere. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by notAvro, May 8, 2021.

1. notAvro Win User

Keyboard not working on windows 10 interfaces

So windows doesn't recognize my keyboard in any interface. It doesn't work on the search bar, nor the file explorer, settings, defender, anywere. In the rest of apps it works just fine, and even some commands like alt+tab work. I tried everything. Help.

:)

notAvro, May 8, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 8, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Keyboard not working after Windows 10 Update

Hi,

Have you tried updating
    your mouse and keyboard driver? If not, we suggest you to do so. There is a possibility that the driver is not compatible with the new Windows 10 update. However, one
    of the workarounds that we suggest for your mouse and keyboard to work is to update the driver. If the symptom persist, you can run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On your search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Change the view to
      View all.

• Choose
      Hardware and Devices
      and run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 8, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, May 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Keyboard not working on windows 10 interfaces - Similar Threads - Keyboard working interfaces

2. Windows 10 keyboard not working but other keyboards work and non working keyboard works on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keyboard not working but other keyboards work and non working keyboard works on...: just like the title says, keyboard is not working. I can plug in my old keyboard and it works fine... But the new keyboard stopped working. The new keyboard that stopped working also works with other computers that are running windows. Ive tried all the stupid fixes with...
  3. Windows 10 keyboard not working but other keyboards work and non working keyboard works on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keyboard not working but other keyboards work and non working keyboard works on...: just like the title says, keyboard is not working. I can plug in my old keyboard and it works fine... But the new keyboard stopped working. The new keyboard that stopped working also works with other computers that are running windows. Ive tried all the stupid fixes with...
  4. Windows 10 keyboard not working but other keyboards work and non working keyboard works on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 keyboard not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keyboard not working: I have a Lenovo Yoga 730 laptop with windows 10 and I was cleaning my keyboard while the computer was still on and now only half of my keyboard works. Please help me fix this problem. Let me know if you need more information....
  6. Typing Does Not Work on Windows 10 Interface

Typing Does Not Work on Windows 10 Interface: A friend of mine reinstalled his Windows twice. After he updated the OS, his keyboard is not working only on the tabs that are related to Windows, like the search bar, the file explorer or Microsoft Store. We thought it might be a driver issue, that's why we reinstalled the...
  7. Windows 10 settings interface

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 settings interface: I just wanted to know if there was way to get my windows 10 settings interface on my desktop to look like the one that is on my laptop i dont know if it has something to do with a windows update or not i just wanted to clarify, and i double cheked both of my systems and they...
  8. WIndows 10 keyboard and onscreen keyboard not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    WIndows 10 keyboard and onscreen keyboard not working: I have a desktop computer that the keyboard and the onscreen keyboard are both not working. I turned the computer on and cannot log in because of this issue. The computer is an HP and does not have a PS-2 port and the usb mouse works that is paired with the keyboard. Is there...
  9. Keyboard not working in Windows 10

Keyboard not working in Windows 10: I am running Windows using VMware Fusion virtual machine. When I start Windows I send Ctrl-Alt-Del to go to the logon window. The keyboard is not functional to enter password. The mouse works (to send Ctrl-Alt-Del)....
  10. Windows Defender User Interface not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender User Interface not working: Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 OS Build 17134.345 I noticed that the Windows Defender shield is not showing up in the system tray, so I went to the settings to check the status. Settings, Update & Security, Windows Security. In the main pane, the only thing listed is the...