Windows 10: Keyboard not working on windows apps after last insiders update

Discus and support Keyboard not working on windows apps after last insiders update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The keyboard doesn't work at Windows apps. Pressing any key doesn't seem to affect any of the native applications. This also includes the following:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by other--, Mar 25, 2020.

1. other-- Win User

Keyboard not working on windows apps after last insiders update

The keyboard doesn't work at Windows apps. Pressing any key doesn't seem to affect any of the native applications. This also includes the following:

• The login screen: Pressing space on the login screen should lead to a screen which asks for the password. Besides that the password field works great, pressing space doesn't slide to the logins screen as before.

• The startup menu: The Win key still works as a shortcut for opening the startup menu, however typing on the search has no effect. No character is displayed nor computed.

• The settings app and the Feedback Hub: None of these apps seems to respond to keyboard events. Unfortunately I had to post this here because I can't sing in to my Microsoft account on the desktop app

I'm not sure if this started after the WSL 2 Kernel Update https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/wsl2-kernel, or after the last Insiders build on the Slow Ring.

Thanks!

:)

other--, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Keyboard not working after Windows 10 Update

Hi,

Have you tried updating
    your mouse and keyboard driver? If not, we suggest you to do so. There is a possibility that the driver is not compatible with the new Windows 10 update. However, one
    of the workarounds that we suggest for your mouse and keyboard to work is to update the driver. If the symptom persist, you can run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On your search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Change the view to
      View all.

• Choose
      Hardware and Devices
      and run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 25, 2020
  3. insider hub app

Hi Shreesh,

I suggest you to Perform the below steps and install the Insider Hub.

• Go to Settings, then System and then
      Apps & Features
    • Click on Manage Optional Features.
    • Click on Add a Feature.
    • Navigate the list, locate Insider Hub, and click
      install.
    Do let us know the update. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Jorge Tan Win User

Keyboard Not working in Windows 10

Hi,

We would suggest you to update your keyboard driver. To update your keyboard driver, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for Keyboards and then double-click it.
    • Click on the Keyboard tab and choose Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Keyboard not working on windows apps after last insiders update - Similar Threads - Keyboard working apps

2. Keyboard wouldn't work properly after last 11 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard wouldn't work properly after last 11 update.: So after this last update seemingly forcing my keyboard into some weird setting that would kick in a few moments after logging in, I decided to start in safemode to see if anything is going on with my laptop. The issue is that whenever I try and log in, it says my password is...
  3. Keyboard wouldn't work properly after last 11 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard wouldn't work properly after last 11 update.: So after this last update seemingly forcing my keyboard into some weird setting that would kick in a few moments after logging in, I decided to start in safemode to see if anything is going on with my laptop. The issue is that whenever I try and log in, it says my password is...
  4. Blue screen after last Windows Insider update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after last Windows Insider update: I have problem with my last Update of Windows Insider Preview. Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.20241.1005 rs_prerelease. After update I constantly have blue screen green screen with an error IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL what failed: tcpip.sys sfc /scannow did not help...
  5. The keyboard and mouse stopped working after last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The keyboard and mouse stopped working after last update: Windows 10 with the latest updates. The keyboard and mouse stopped working. tried connecting via usb receiver, bluetooth, or usb. Devices are detected but do not respond to movements or clicks. The device Manager has the driver error status. I connected about 5 different...
  6. LinkedIn App is not working in Windows 10 after last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LinkedIn App is not working in Windows 10 after last update: This week my LinkedIn app does not work anymore and redirects me to the web version. Is the App discontinued? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linkedin-app-is-not-working-in-windows-10-after/ed550869-d91b-4311-b54e-9c1b6b5ed78d
  7. Mouse and keyboard stopped working after last Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard stopped working after last Windows 10 update: Hello, Yesterday (September 12th, 2019, around 10:30 PM CET) an update was installed on my mother's computer (Windows 10). Since then, the mouse and the keyboard are not detected anymore. Here is the list of what we tried: - Unplug and plug the keyboard and the mouse -...
  8. app crashing after last update

app crashing after last update: the photos app is not working. it is crashing before opening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-crashing-after-last-update/a5d06eb6-c9df-4800-802f-801fec841c7b
  9. Touch Keyboard problems after last update

Touch Keyboard problems after last update: I have always used the touch keyboard on my desktop PC. Not to be confused with the on-screen keyboard, which I don't use. Ever since yesterday's Windows 10 updates and Net Framework updates, when I click on the touch keyboard not only does it no longer open, but the taskbar...
  10. Windows 10 activation failed after last insiders update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation failed after last insiders update: Hello I am a member of the Windows 10 insider program in the fast ring. After the last insider build (18272), my activation license is treated as invalid from window, and as a result I get a message at the corner of my screen asking me to activate windows- more that that,...