Windows 10: Keyboard not working properly on Amharic language keyboard layout

Discus and support Keyboard not working properly on Amharic language keyboard layout in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Guys, I used Amharic language quite a lot on windows. But recently Microsoft has updated this language tools and the new version has a lot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael Gurmessa, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Keyboard not working properly on Amharic language keyboard layout

Hello Guys,

I used Amharic language quite a lot on windows. But recently Microsoft has updated this language tools and the new version has a lot problems. Sometimes I can't use "Back Space" key on my computer because it is not functioning on new version of Amharic language, it can't remove any letter anymore. There are also many problems that I might not able to explain here. So my question is, is there any way I can use the old version of it please. I used this new version for about a year but it is very unfriendly. Any possible suggestion will be highly appreciated.

***Modified Original title: About new version of Amharic language to Window 10 pro**

:)

Michael Gurmessa, Nov 21, 2018
  2. Lekden Win User

Can't (completely) remove language keyboard layout

Yup, no such luck. My next step will be to temporarily install another language as the system language (like English UK or something), and remove US English as the default language and the keyboard, and everything, and then reboot and install it again and see if that does anything....

But I am betting it won't. And my reason is because when I was inspired to make my own keyboard layout I downloaded one another person had made, whidch was based on English UK keyboard, and it did not work correctly for me so I uninstalled it (and have since improved, I think, upon what he had done,) and I just now realized that that keyboard, which was under English language and keyboard, is still in my list as well. When I had installed it then UK English had become one of the available languages, and I have since removed it from being active and so forht. So, basically I did to UK English what I am propsing to do for US English... and yet that old keyboard layout remains.

There has to be somewhere that Windows keeps references all the different keyboard layouts available for the different language packs installed.... The question is where is that and how to modify it?

Lekden, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Keyboard layout

Open Advanced Language Settings:

Keyboard not working properly on Amharic language keyboard layout [​IMG]

(Click screenshots to enlarge.)

Two settings here to check:

1. Override the default input language with your preferred input language, even if there's only one language on the list
    2. Don't let websites access the language list
    To be sure that the correct settings will be used for all user accounts created later, copy the settings:

4. Xylee Del Win User

Keyboard not working properly on Amharic language keyboard layout

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard not working properly on Amharic language keyboard layout

1. Keyboard not working properly on Amharic language keyboard layout - Similar Threads - Keyboard working properly

2. My language keyboard isn't working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My language keyboard isn't working properly.: Normally, I turn on the suggestion/auto-correct. I reset my computer completely a few weeks ago since it was all weird and stuff. It was working at that time, But now when I use my language like Chinese, It'll say it's not ready, or for Portuguese, It just won't give me the...
  3. My language keyboard isn't working properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My language keyboard isn't working properly.: Normally, I turn on the suggestion/auto-correct. I reset my computer completely a few weeks ago since it was all weird and stuff. It was working at that time, But now when I use my language like Chinese, It'll say it's not ready, or for Portuguese, It just won't give me the...
  4. Changing keyboard layout for Chinese language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing keyboard layout for Chinese language: Hi, My laptop runs Windows 11 home, and has an AZERTY keyboard.I use French, English and Chinese regularly, and I've changed the default keyboard layout for English from QWERTY to AZERTY as shown below:But, when I try to do that with Chinese, the option doesn't show up, and...
  5. Keyboard layout doesn't match language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout doesn't match language: I'm having a strange problem in Windows 10.The setup was done using the English US setup for both language and keyboard layout. After setup I installed Office, then I installed the German language pack. Now my keyboard is using the German keyboard layout even when using...
  6. Windows keyboard languages layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keyboard languages layout: Hi. I have 3 languages for keyboard and usually I have only 3 tabs of these 3 languages, but sometimes I have 5 tabs. Like usually it's ENG, UA and RUS but sometimes it's two ENG intl/Uk, UAukre/ru and RUS, why is that?...
  7. Amharic Keyboard

Amharic Keyboard: Hello, I am using the Amharic keyboard on Windows 10. I can not type these letters in Amharic - ፀ ጸ. It should have work when I press "Shift + S" or "Shift + SS", but instead it types the letterሽ. I would really appreciate any help, Or...
  8. Language/keyboard layout not in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language/keyboard layout not in settings: Hi, I just got a new Win10 laptop (which I looooove btw) and there appears to be an unwanted keyboard layout skulking about. When I click the language tile (next to date/time) or use the Win + space shortcut, 3 languages are listed: English UK, German, and, unwantedly,...
  9. Keyboard Layout and Other Languages

Keyboard Layout and Other Languages: Just seeing if anyone has an answer to my conundrum. How do I change the keyboard layout for another language? For example, how can I make a USA QWERTY transliterate to Russian so Q=Q, W=W, E=E, R=R, and so on, not j=o, k=l or whatnot? When I select the Russian keyboard it...
  10. Amharic Keyboard for windows 10

Amharic Keyboard for windows 10: I have been using the Amharic language pack for sometime now. Recently few things have changed. 1 I am no more able to type the Amharic numerals. 2 Letter typing has become difficule for example to enter አርአያ if I type ር then አ I get ራ። I have to enter ር then space then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amharic keyboard for windows 10 lenovo

2. amharic language no matching with keyboard

3. windows 10 amharic keyboard popup

4. Amharic Keyboard layout for Windows 10,
  5. amharic software for windows 10,
  6. amharic keyboard not working after update