Windows 10: Keyboard not working when accessing save mode options

Discus and support Keyboard not working when accessing save mode options in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I was trying to enter into save mode via Shift + Restart > boot options > Trouble Shoot > etc., etc. When I get to selecting save mode option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sunburst55, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Keyboard not working when accessing save mode options

Hello,

I was trying to enter into save mode via Shift + Restart > boot options > Trouble Shoot > etc., etc.

When I get to selecting save mode option (press keyboard numbers 1-9, or F1 - F9) … the keyboard does NOT work.

I cannot even get out of there and have to hold the power button for 5 seconds to end everything and restart.

I reasearched but could not find and answer.

I'm aware how to get into save mode via msconfig > boot > minimal … but I would like to have my machine run

as it supposed to.

btw: I did sfc /scannow and I'm told that some corrupt files could not be fixed...!!!???!!!

That's why in the first place I wanted to get into save mode to run sfc there...??

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Win10 Pro, 64 bit, latest version 1903, all uptodate, Samsung SSD only for OpSyst.

Everthing else seams to work fine.

below is an excerpt from log file

2019-09-21 13:12:37, Info CSI 00000278 [SR] Verify complete
    2019-09-21 13:12:37, Info CSI 00000279 [SR] Verifying 32 components
    2019-09-21 13:12:37, Info CSI 0000027a [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
    2019-09-21 13:12:37, Info CSI 0000027b [SR] Verify complete
    2019-09-21 13:12:37, Info CSI 0000027c [SR] Repairing 1 components
    2019-09-21 13:12:37, Info CSI 0000027d [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
    2019-09-21 13:12:37, Info CSI 0000027e Hashes for file member [l:27]'MSFT_MpComputerStatus.cdxml' do not match.
    Expected: {l:32 ml:33 b:250a58b9ec6c327e7d165cecbdbae0b1fdca203cd342dba12616527b47a44486}.
    Actual: {l:32 b:cbfca6cb14b5a84f5bd30cbc9b05f008f4916e54a33a513fcedf8bff90002f5d}.
    2019-09-21 13:12:37, Info CSI 0000027f [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:27]'MSFT_MpComputerStatus.cdxml' of Windows-Defender-Management-Powershell, version 10.0.18362.1, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
    2019-09-21 13:12:37, Info CSI 00000280 Hashes for file member [l:19]'MSFT_MpThreat.cdxml' do not match.
    Expected: {l:32 ml:33 b:ae595236832a3884d2aa3f913454ac6ff4c735f55e819c7f391c94b653281f92}.

:)

Sunburst55, Sep 21, 2019

2. On screen keyboard not working in Windows 10 tablet mode

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps. Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Task bar and select ShowTouch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

• Next click on Action center and select
      Tablet Mode.

• Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the
      Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    keyboard stopped working

Hi Zunair,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

1. What update are you referring to?

I suggest you to pug in external keyboard and check if it works.

Let’s troubleshoot the issue by referring to these methods and check the issue status:

Method 1:

Refer to the link to run the troubleshooter:

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and Devices.

Method 2:

Let’s try updating the driver for the mouse and keyboard and verify the results. Follow the steps:

a) Press Windows and X key together and select Device Manager.

b) Locate the Key board device icon. Right click on the driver icon.

c) Select Update driver software.

c) Select "browse my computer for a driver software".

d) Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

e) Select the driver option according your device model and installed.

f) If this does not work, follow the steps from ‘a’ to ‘c’ and select “Search automatically for the updated driver”.

g) Choose the same steps to update the driver for keyboard as well.

Check if it resolves the issue. If not, I would suggest you to download and install the latest available drivers for the keyboard from manufacturer website of the laptop. If the issue still persists, install the driver in Windows Compatibility mode and check
    if that helps.

Method 3: Compatibility mode

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to

help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Keyboard not working when accessing save mode options

how do I disable on screen keyboard in windows 10 ?

This does NOT work as there is no option to disable the virtual keyboard in Ease of Access

Windows 10 Pro

Build no: 10586.1007

Ver: 1511

This **** VIRTUAL KEYBOARD is a major pain in the ass!

Is there a registry edit that can kill it, PERMANENTLY

Thank You (I hope)

DavidSheedy, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard not working when accessing save mode options

1. Keyboard not working when accessing save mode options - Similar Threads - Keyboard working accessing

2. Sleep mode not working properly when in save battery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode not working properly when in save battery mode: When, I do have laptop connected to power brick everything works just fine. But when it works on its battery weird things starts to happen. The most annoying thing I'm seeking help for is that when I turn on saving battery mode, and close the laptop screen=put it in sleep....
  3. Sleep mode not working properly when in save battery mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode not working properly when in save battery mode: When, I do have laptop connected to power brick everything works just fine. But when it works on its battery weird things starts to happen. The most annoying thing I'm seeking help for is that when I turn on saving battery mode, and close the laptop screen=put it in sleep....
  4. Save option in keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save option in keyboard shortcuts: I have windows 10 and I ALWAYS use the keyboard shortcuts - I need one for SAVE, but I need it for my accounting program. Don't even know if it's possible, hoping it is! BUT I have the dreaded Sage 50 - UGGHH and I'm not sure if that's what is not allowing me to use an ms...
  5. Save option in keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save option in keyboard shortcuts: I have windows 10 and I ALWAYS use the keyboard shortcuts - I need one for SAVE, but I need it for my accounting program. Don't even know if it's possible, hoping it is! BUT I have the dreaded Sage 50 - UGGHH and I'm not sure if that's what is not allowing me to use an ms...
  6. Save option in keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Keyboard Not Working In Safe Mode?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Not Working In Safe Mode?: Currently on Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Build 17763. I noticed (not exactly sure how long it's been like this) but when I am in "safe mode", my keyboard is on, connected fine, I can type just fine in, say notepad and windows powershell for example. However, at a "windows run...
  8. Keyboard Not Working In Safe Mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Not Working In Safe Mode?: Currently on Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Build 17763. I noticed (not exactly sure how long it's been like this) but when I am in "safe mode", my keyboard is on, connected fine, I can type just fine in, say notepad and windows powershell for example. However, at a "windows run...
  9. Keyboard not working in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard not working in Safe Mode: Hi All, Something weird happened this morning while trying to uninstall Intel RST services (which don't have anything to do with this problem). I am running 1809 build 17763.253 on Win 10 Pro. I booted into Safe Mode and after prompt to enter password which worked fine. I...
  10. No Options When Trying to Access Advanced Options when Restarting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Options When Trying to Access Advanced Options when Restarting: Hello, On one PC in my home, when I try to access Safe Mode. My usual procedure is to hold down the Shift key, then click restart. However, this doesn't work. In the image below, I'm only given the option to shut down the computer. So, my only work around has been to force...