Windows 10: Keyboard not working: Windows 10

Discus and support Keyboard not working: Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I wake up this morning my laptop doesn't register a, d, h, j, k, and l. I restart my pc to hopefully fix the problem, it just made it worst now my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EubieBienes, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Keyboard not working: Windows 10

I wake up this morning my laptop doesn't register a, d, h, j, k, and l. I restart my pc to hopefully fix the problem, it just made it worst now my keyboard is not working and I need to use an external one to type this. I reinstalled and update my driver but it still won't work.

Thank you in advance!!

:)

EubieBienes, Dec 27, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Keyboard not working after Windows 10 Update

Hi,

Have you tried updating
    your mouse and keyboard driver? If not, we suggest you to do so. There is a possibility that the driver is not compatible with the new Windows 10 update. However, one
    of the workarounds that we suggest for your mouse and keyboard to work is to update the driver. If the symptom persist, you can run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On your search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Change the view to
      View all.

• Choose
      Hardware and Devices
      and run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Keyboard not working: Windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard not working: Windows 10

1. Keyboard not working: Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Keyboard working

2. My Surface keyboard and touch were not working, so I factory reset it. But now it's in a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Surface keyboard and touch were not working, so I factory reset it. But now it's in a...: Window 10 surface pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-keyboard-and-touch-were-not-working-so/6f378398-32b2-493f-88da-bd0aef3c3c2e
  3. My Surface keyboard and touch were not working, so I factory reset it. But now it's in a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Surface keyboard and touch were not working, so I factory reset it. But now it's in a...: Window 10 surface pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-keyboard-and-touch-were-not-working-so/6f378398-32b2-493f-88da-bd0aef3c3c2e
  4. My Surface keyboard and touch were not working, so I factory reset it. But now it's in a...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Keyboard/Touchpad still working while in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard/Touchpad still working while in tablet mode: I have a windows 11 laptop that goes into tablet mode, this used to work great until it stopped switching to tablet mode. So when I would flip is over the keyboard and touchpad still work which disrupts what I'm doing. How do I fix this?...
  6. Keyboard/Touchpad still working while in tablet mode

Keyboard/Touchpad still working while in tablet mode: I have a windows 11 laptop that goes into tablet mode, this used to work great until it stopped switching to tablet mode. So when I would flip is over the keyboard and touchpad still work which disrupts what I'm doing. How do I fix this?...
  7. my keys on my keyboard isn't working. help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keys on my keyboard isn't working. help?: my keyboard isint working, the keys are: b,h,n,u and e. ive tried everything and nothing has worked. also if i hold down space and b, and then I press h or u, the key types jm, . can anybody help me with this? also this isint a hardware issue....
  8. my keys on my keyboard isn't working. help?

my keys on my keyboard isn't working. help?: my keyboard isint working, the keys are: b,h,n,u and e. ive tried everything and nothing has worked. also if i hold down space and b, and then I press h or u, the key types jm, . can anybody help me with this? also this isint a hardware issue....
  9. Hi In my desktop computer keyboard letters are not working. Even I’m on screen keyboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi In my desktop computer keyboard letters are not working. Even I’m on screen keyboard...: I’m trying to log in after update. But keyboard letters are not working so I cannot type the password. On screen keyboard also the same letter keys are not working. Numbers are working...
  10. Hi In my desktop computer keyboard letters are not working. Even I’m on screen keyboard...

Hi In my desktop computer keyboard letters are not working. Even I’m on screen keyboard...: I’m trying to log in after update. But keyboard letters are not working so I cannot type the password. On screen keyboard also the same letter keys are not working. Numbers are working...