Windows 10: Keyboard not working

Discus and support Keyboard not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop keyboard is not working at all but the lights are still on. What do i do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AxelMejia1, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Keyboard not working

My laptop keyboard is not working at all but the lights are still on. What do i do

:)

AxelMejia1, Oct 17, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Jorge Tan Win User
    Keyboard Not working in Windows 10

Hi,

We would suggest you to update your keyboard driver. To update your keyboard driver, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for Keyboards and then double-click it.
    • Click on the Keyboard tab and choose Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Keyboard not working

Keyboard is not working after upgrade to Windows 10.

Hi Stephen,

Please reply to the following questions:

• Did you try the suggestions posted above?

• Are you facing keyboard issues even after trying the above suggestions?

If haven’t tried, I suggest you to please perform the steps suggested in the above posts and check if either helps in resolving the issue.

Write to us with the status of the keyboard issues faced on your PC for further assistance.
    Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard not working

1. Keyboard not working - Similar Threads - Keyboard working

2. "D" key on keyboard not working properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "D" key on keyboard not working properly: Originally posted to r/keyboards but I need all the help I can get. Hi, After an hour of playing dota, my keyboard letter "d" went mad. When I press it, it does multiple actions: types weqbvrtx, turns on/off caps lock, and right clicks at the same time. I have tried to...
  3. Next/Previous Multimedia buttons on keyboard no longer working play/pause/stop works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Next/Previous Multimedia buttons on keyboard no longer working play/pause/stop works: So yeah they suddenly stopped working. I use them to control youtube without tabbing in and out. They work on windows media player and groove music, but that's all. They worked on Opera before....
  4. SHIFT keyboard Not Working

SHIFT keyboard Not Working: Hy, I tried everything on Internet to Fix my SHIFT keyboard. i don't know why this issue. can anyone give me correct step https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shift-keyboard-not-working/43f44306-ee62-4d2f-b157-81b30230a260
  5. Keyboard is not working

Keyboard is not working: After update on 1-17-20 Running asus ROG windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-is-not-working/024d3066-6803-4118-ab92-2641b10e6d52
  6. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10: Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10 I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 --- Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me...
  7. Fn Locked Brightness and Keyboard Lightening Buttons Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fn Locked Brightness and Keyboard Lightening Buttons Not Working: I recently got a Windows 10 update for my Notebook 9 Spin, and now the settings, brightness, and keyboard light buttons don't work. I've tested the keyboard itself and the F1, F2, F3, F9 buttons work fine on their own, but when I turn on Fn Lock they do not work anymore. My...
  8. Keyboard is not working on windows 10 pro. I have changed many time Language and keyboard...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard is not working on windows 10 pro. I have changed many time Language and keyboard...: Hello Microsoft, "Keyboard is not working on my windows 10 pro. I have changed many time Language and keyboard pattern. But it Did not work out ". If i select Region INDIA and in Language, Keyboard Pattern US then its not working. Except If i...
  9. Upgraded From 7 to 10, now mouse and keyboard won't work, can't get past login page.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgraded From 7 to 10, now mouse and keyboard won't work, can't get past login page.: submitted by /u/Aturaya [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/er1m8n/upgraded_from_7_to_10_now_mouse_and_keyboard_wont/
  10. Keyboard and On-Screen Keyboard not working properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and On-Screen Keyboard not working properly: I havent updated my laptop my since decemeber because I was not able to use due to my original charger not working anymore. So I ordered a new charger, it was not the same with may first one but it was compatible. So last week, I was able to use my laptop but after days I...