Windows 10: Keyboard not worling properly since Windows update

Discus and support Keyboard not worling properly since Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell keyboard and since a recent update my keyboard is not working properly, for example, incorrect symbols. I have checked Settings and an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by netherlea, Dec 14, 2018.

1. netherlea Win User

Keyboard not worling properly since Windows update

I have a Dell keyboard and since a recent update my keyboard is not working properly, for example, incorrect symbols.

I have checked Settings and an English Qwerty keyboard is correctly shown and drivers are up to date. I have also unplugged the keyboard and plugged it in again with no improvement.

Is this a Windows problem and, if so, how can it be corrected or would a new keyboard solve the problem?

:)

netherlea, Dec 14, 2018

2. HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Keyboard not working properly

Hi Yvan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand you are facing difficulties as your keyboard is not working properly. I will assist you with this issue.

First of all, I would suggest you to install all the latest updates released by Microsoft from Windows Updates and check if that helps or not. And to update your drivers, please follow the steps and let us know if it helps fixing the issue or not:

Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X, click on
    Control Panel; select System and Maintenance.

• Click on Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager, locate Keyboard and double-click to check if it’s working properly.
    • Go to Driver tab, then click on Update Driver. And follow the instructions.

Let us know if this fixes your issue or not, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Keyboard not worling properly since Windows update

Keyboard is not working properly in Windows 10.

Hello Dalton,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you able to login into your user account?

• Have you updated keyboard drivers on your PC?

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

You may be facing the above issue due to the change in hardware components or due to the non-updated keyboard drivers on your PC.

Method 1: Using On-screen keyboard and updating the keyboard drivers

Step 1: If you are unable to login into your user account, I suggest you to use on-screen keyboard by following the steps below and check if you are able to login.

The On-screen keyboard is located in the Ease of access center located at the bottom left corner of the lock screen. It acts as a temporary keyboard in-case your keyboard does not work.

• Click on the Ease of access icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen.

• Select on-screen keyboard option and type the password.

• After typing, click on the icon located next to the password entry box and check if you have typed the correct password.

• Press Enter and check if you are able to login into the user profile.

Step 2: After logging in, update the
    keyboard drivers manually from Device manager and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager.

• Expand Keyboards, right click on the keyboard driver and select
      Update option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• After updating, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      troubleshooter and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.

• Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

• Close the window after troubleshooting is completed and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard not worling properly since Windows update

1. Keyboard not worling properly since Windows update - Similar Threads - Keyboard worling properly

2. keyboard for accented letters not working properly [ since installed last update some...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard for accented letters not working properly [ since installed last update some...: My keyboard , compatible with Portuguese ABNT 2 , was working fine until the last update was installed minutes ago [ sept 15 2022 ].Now everytime I type accents they come up duplicated : caf´´e , p~~ao , voc^^e , ``a ; Diaeresis was affected too : u¨¨bermesnch ;As it was...
  3. keyboard for accented letters not working properly [ since installed last update some...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard for accented letters not working properly [ since installed last update some...: My keyboard , compatible with Portuguese ABNT 2 , was working fine until the last update was installed minutes ago [ sept 15 2022 ].Now everytime I type accents they come up duplicated : caf´´e , p~~ao , voc^^e , ``a ; Diaeresis was affected too : u¨¨bermesnch ;As it was...
  4. keyboard for accented letters not working properly [ since installed last update some...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. mobile hotspot not worling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mobile hotspot not worling: i've tried countless of solution but my mobile hotspot stil not working and finally after days i deduce the problem is thisthe windows movile hotspot service properties is in constant stopping status, does anyone know how to solved this...
  6. Wired USB keyboard not working properly since last Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired USB keyboard not working properly since last Windows 10 update: Logitech USB wired keyboard Windows V. 20H2 OS Build 19042.804 My entire laptop is working much slower since the last update, but the worst part is the keyboard problem. Driver is updated. It will work great for awhile, then suddenly, if you're away from the browser for...
  7. Keyboard not working properly since 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard not working properly since 20H2 update: Since I updated to the 20H2 version, my laptop has been having issues with some keyboards 3, e, d & c. I could resolve the problem by pressing e, d and c at the same time but this morning I did another update and there's no way to make those keys work. Is there a way to fix...
  8. Since upgrading to MS365 - Windows 10, my keyboard is not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Since upgrading to MS365 - Windows 10, my keyboard is not functioning properly: Since upgrading to MS365 - Windows 10, my keyboard is not functioning properly and I can't use the short cut keys. For example, when I press the Delete key it types 7/ on the screen. I can't copy and paste between applications or from the internet. Please advise. Also how...
  9. Keyboard Errors since update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Errors since update: Since an update to Windows 10 yesterday, my keyboard is not typing the correct characters as shown above the numbers. For example the pound symbol above No. 3 comes out as the Hashkey. How do I correct this?...
  10. WIFI not working properly since Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI not working properly since Windows update: My Samsung notebook has recently had a windows update and since then my previously strong WIFI signal is now incredibly poor. I can only connect to the WIFI when sat right next to the router, previously connection has been possible with a good signal all over the house....