Windows 10: Keyboard Number Key

Discus and support Keyboard Number Key in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Envy HP and I cant use the number key on the right side of my keyboard. How can I enable the numbers?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kenny374, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Kenny374 Win User

Keyboard Number Key

I have a Envy HP and I cant use the number key on the right side of my keyboard. How can I enable the numbers?

:)

Kenny374, Feb 23, 2019

2. number two stuck on keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue might be happening because of the faulty device.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device?
    3. What is the make and model number of the device?
    4. Is this issue happening on Laptop or desktop keyboard?
    5. Which Operating system is installed on your device?

Step 1: If the issue is causing with the faulty driver, run the Hardware Troubleshooter

1. Click on Start.
    2. Search for Troubleshoot and click on it.
    3. Click on Keyboard and Run the troubleshooter.
    You may also refer the article to
    fix issues related to keyboard in Windows

Step 2: You can also try with “Onscreen keyboard” to check the working of numeric key.

1. Open run command (Windows and R key), type in
      OSK.

2. Use the numeric 2 and check the status.
    If the issue is only with the specific numeric key (Number 2), I suggest you to check with the manufacturer for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Help Choosing Gaming Keyboard

Hi guys, just found this forum and looks awesome.

I just bought a Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (this one) and I am about 70% satisfied. I am returning it because they sent me the wrong model number, but I think the model number up from this won't be much different.

What I need in a gaming keyboard:
    • WHITE Backlit Keys (multicolor is a plus but has to allow white since I basically only use white)
    • Anti-ghosting (preferably 10 keys simultaneous)
    • Silent Keypress
    • $40 to $80 (used is fine)
    • Easy-to press keys
    • External color a simple black
    • OPTIONAL: Low-profile keys (slim, ultraslim)
    What do you suggest? I have been searching for many hours and have a few ideas, but there are mixed reviews.

vawrvawerawe, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard Number Key

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard Number Key

1. Keyboard Number Key - Similar Threads - Keyboard Number Key

2. Numbers on keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Numbers on keyboard: Hello,I work at a company and we have purchased a couple Microsoft Surface Pros. We currently have windows 10 installed. In our company, when using the touch keyboard that automatically opens up when we try to type something we would like something like a numpad to show up....
  3. My number keys are swapped on my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My number keys are swapped on my keyboard.: Every time I type in a number key that is not on the numpad, it comes out as a different number. When it's supposed to be 1234567890, it's 1678923450. I tried multiple methods that did not work to fix it....
  4. My number keys are swapped on my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My number keys are swapped on my keyboard.: Every time I type in a number key that is not on the numpad, it comes out as a different number. When it's supposed to be 1234567890, it's 1678923450. I tried multiple methods that did not work to fix it....
  5. My number keys are swapped on my keyboard.

6. Number keys and windows keys do not work on laptop keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number keys and windows keys do not work on laptop keyboard.: I have a Dell XPS 13 and recently the number keys and Windows keys have stopped working. But the keys around the number keys ` - = do work. My Windows keys are the only other keys not working. Any ideas on how to diagnose the problem? Thanks....
  7. Number keys and windows keys do not work on laptop keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number keys and windows keys do not work on laptop keyboard.: I have a Dell XPS 13 and recently the number keys and Windows keys have stopped working. But the keys around the number keys ` - = do work. My Windows keys are the only other keys not working. Any ideas on how to diagnose the problem? Thanks....
  8. Keyboard Numbers

Keyboard Numbers: Recently my number keys have been inverted, like for example, 1 is my 5 key, 2 is my 6 key. Please help i'm desperate. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-numbers/cd7cfa78-4584-4838-9736-916d52905671
  9. Number keys on keyboard are not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number keys on keyboard are not working.: All the number keys my laptop keyboard stopped working except for the 5 and 6 keys. I can not find a solution to this problem. Can someone please help me?...
  10. Number 6 key not working on keyboard!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Number 6 key not working on keyboard!: Hello there, I am having problems with my keyboard. I just bought this new keyboard from corsair and it should not have any problems but I found that my number 6 key above Y and T is not working at all. No program is able to use this key so I tried trouble shooting with...