Windows 10: Keyboard number pad not working

Discus and support Keyboard number pad not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a dell kb216, It's number pad is not working so I thought the keyboard maybe defective and connected it to an other device to see if it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by manishRW, Oct 3, 2020.

1. manishRW Win User

Keyboard number pad not working

I have a dell kb216, It's number pad is not working so I thought the keyboard maybe defective and connected it to an other device to see if it is defective, surprisingly it worked I tried restarting my device, changing usb ports etc I even reinstalled drivers. Please help.

:)

manishRW, Oct 3, 2020

2. Number pad that comes with Sculpt wireless keyboard.

Hi,

This problem may occur due to an outdated or corrupted device driver. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is the number pad device visible on Device Manager?
    • Is the wireless keyboard working on your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article
    . It contains information and basic troubleshooting steps regarding keyboard problems in Windows.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Use number pad of mac keyboard on Windows 10

I have a Windows 10 desktop and I use a mac keyboard with number pad on it. Its model number is A1243 and its connected by USB. However I cant seem to get the right driver or configuration to get the number pad to actually work. Any suggestions?

Manfred Moser, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Ed Soares Win User

Decimal key (.) in number pad does not work

Hi, all.

My computer is a laptop, HP envy, with Windows 10.

The decimal key on my keypad/number pad stopped working all of a sudden (nothing happens when I press that key).

• Problem is the same on any number of programs, be it this browser (Edge), MS Excel, MS Word, Notepad, etc...
    • "NumLock" key is on;
    • All the other number pad keys work as usual (all numbers and operators, for example);
    • The setting that controls the mouse with the number pad is off;
    • The problem is the same whether I try it on my laptop keyboard, or on my Logitech keyboard (plugged in with a USB receiver), or on the on-screen keyboard - the decimal (.) key in the number pad does not work;
    • The period closer to the letter "M" works fine (that's how I've been able to use it in this post, for example)
    • My keyboard language is set correctly, to "English (United States)", as it has always been.
    • I've actually tried changing the keyboard language to another one (such as Spanish and Portuguese), and the problem is still the same - the decimal (.) key in the number pad does not work;
    I've read some 10 forums that had the same questions, but all of them were unhelpful. At least half related to the "NumLock" being off, some meandered into the control panel settings, into the mouse control settings, and a good many did not have a clear
    answer.

Can somebody help?

Thanks in advance,

Edgar

Ed Soares, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Keyboard number pad not working - Similar Threads - Keyboard number pad

2. Number Keyboard pad is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number Keyboard pad is not working: Number Keyboard Pad is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-keyboard-pad-is-not-working/bac0dedd-d3a1-4bac-9b47-af6936e694c1
  3. Number Keyboard pad is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number Keyboard pad is not working: Number Keyboard Pad is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-keyboard-pad-is-not-working/bac0dedd-d3a1-4bac-9b47-af6936e694c1
  4. Ergonomic Keyboard number pad not copletely working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ergonomic Keyboard number pad not copletely working: Hi Freinds!I am using a Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard corded on a new system with Windows 11.When the number lock is on the numbers work fine but all the other keys like +/-/ are not working.Any ideas.Thank you.YS...
  5. Ergonomic Keyboard number pad not copletely working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ergonomic Keyboard number pad not copletely working: Hi Freinds!I am using a Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard corded on a new system with Windows 11.When the number lock is on the numbers work fine but all the other keys like +/-/ are not working.Any ideas.Thank you.YS...
  6. Numeric number pad on keyboard not loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numeric number pad on keyboard not loading: I had my computer was in the shop and now my numeric number pad is not activated when it starts. I have researched the help and some solutions did not work or are difficult to do. Is there an easy way to have it lock up to work when you log on. Pleasing the loc button for 5...
  7. Number pad on keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number pad on keyboard: I am trying to use my keypad as a number pad since my new laptop does not include a number pad to the right of the keyboard. The numbers are there on the keys on the right hand, but I cannot figure out how to turn them on. The laptop uses Windows 10. Please advise....
  8. Sculpt Keyboard Number pad stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sculpt Keyboard Number pad stopped working: Hi, in july my workers compensation group bought me home office equipment. This included a sculpt keyboard. Due to covid I went back to work in September and was sent home again 3 days ago. Now the number pad on my keyboard is not working at all. Can you help me?...
  9. Keyboard Number pad "5" works in BIOS, but not in Windows

Keyboard Number pad "5" works in BIOS, but not in Windows: this is a weird issue, my number pad "5" does not work in windows, Number Lock is on, but the key refuses to work in Windows. Whats interesting is, it works in BIOS. im at a loss of why it would work in BIOS, but not Windows. THINGS DONE ALREADY: uninstalled and...
  10. Number pad on keyboard

Number pad on keyboard: I have just switched from an older Samsung laptop to an Asus VivoBook. When it arrived I found that the Zero and the Period/Decimal point are reversed. Since I started out in Accounting many many years ago I am having difficulty with this change. All my life the Zero has...