Windows 10: KEYBOARD ON HP LAPTOP DOES NOT WORK

Discus and support KEYBOARD ON HP LAPTOP DOES NOT WORK in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't get my HP Laptop keyboard to work. I am running Windows 10. I was finally able to find a message, after hunting - in SETTINGS - UPDATES &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nancyshoughrow, Mar 31, 2020.

1. KEYBOARD ON HP LAPTOP DOES NOT WORK

I can't get my HP Laptop keyboard to work. I am running Windows 10. I was finally able to find a message, after hunting - in

SETTINGS -

UPDATES & SECURITY -

TROUBLESHOOT -

KEYBOARD

When TROUBLESHOOTING is complete, it says 'no changes or updates were necessary"

If I then click on "View detailed information" I get the Troubleshooting Report that says "Text Services Framework is not running" in blue. In italic next to it, it says "Issue not present"

PLEASE HELP??!!

Nancy

:)

nancyshoughrow, Mar 31, 2020

2. Keyboards from my HP Laptop and my MSI gt70 Dominator.!!

Hi Brain,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to access the keyboard keys on your laptop. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you have made any changes to the device (hardware/ software) prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers. Use the working external keyboard to try the below troubleshooting steps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to Update the keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard.
    • Right click on the Keyboard driver and click on
      Update driver software.

Step 3: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 31, 2020
  3. HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 31, 2020
  4. KEYBOARD ON HP LAPTOP DOES NOT WORK

Keyboard doesn't work on my laptop with Windows 7

This morning, out of the clear blue, my HP KEYBOARD stopped working forcing me to use the On-Screen Keyboard provided by Windows 7 software. I found several web sites that suggested shutting off the computer, remove the battery and hold the on/off button
    for longer than ten (10) seconds which assures the battery is totally used up. Then restart the laptop and the keyboard should now work. Unfortunately the keyboard does not

After completing the steps exactly as Microsoft instructed, and restarting the laptop the keyboard still doesn't work.

Does anyone have a solution to get the keyboard to work?

Thank you for your time!

John

John Schunzel, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

KEYBOARD ON HP LAPTOP DOES NOT WORK

1. KEYBOARD ON HP LAPTOP DOES NOT WORK - Similar Threads - KEYBOARD LAPTOP DOES

2. HP Pavillion Laptop Keyboard Not Working At All

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavillion Laptop Keyboard Not Working At All: Hello,I have an HP Pavillion laptop and the keyboard is not working at all. Usually when that happens I use my touchscreen to restart my laptop and it works. However, now even the touchpad isn’t working and I can’t shut down the laptop because the power button is on the...
  3. HP Pavillion Laptop Keyboard Not Working At All

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavillion Laptop Keyboard Not Working At All: Hello,I have an HP Pavillion laptop and the keyboard is not working at all. Usually when that happens I use my touchscreen to restart my laptop and it works. However, now even the touchpad isn’t working and I can’t shut down the laptop because the power button is on the...
  4. HP Pavillion Laptop Keyboard Not Working At All

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hp pavilion gaming laptop keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp pavilion gaming laptop keyboard not working: Please I have been having keyboard issues with my HP pavilion gaming laptop. Formally I use, windows 11 insider build, but due to my absence from the laptop for a period of time, I meet that the current version of windows 11 insiders preview I was using has expired....so I...
  6. Hp pavilion gaming laptop keyboard not working

Hp pavilion gaming laptop keyboard not working: Please I have been having keyboard issues with my HP pavilion gaming laptop. Formally I use, windows 11 insider build, but due to my absence from the laptop for a period of time, I meet that the current version of windows 11 insiders preview I was using has expired....so I...
  7. My HP SK-2880 Keyboard does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP SK-2880 Keyboard does not work: I tried uptading uninstalling the driver but no matter what i do my pc wont recognize the usb device. I tried changing power settings there is nothing i can do with the bios i cannot get it to work. 3 lights turn on for a second as i plug it and windows knows its plugged in...
  8. My HP SK-2880 Keyboard does not work

My HP SK-2880 Keyboard does not work: I tried uptading uninstalling the driver but no matter what i do my pc wont recognize the usb device. I tried changing power settings there is nothing i can do with the bios i cannot get it to work. 3 lights turn on for a second as i plug it and windows knows its plugged in...
  9. Keys on HP Laptop Keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keys on HP Laptop Keyboard not working: Hi Windows 10 community ! I'm posting here because I haven't found any other place to ask. If someone knows a better site or forum for me to ask for help, please do tell in the comments. So let me explain the problem : a few months ago, some of my keys stopped working on my...
  10. Bluetooth does not work on the HP laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth does not work on the HP laptop: My laptop does not connect to Bluetooth through my mobile phone. The detectable settings are activated from both sides. My mobile phone is connecting other mobile devices through Bluetooth but not with my laptop. Under More Bluetooth options: Select Allow Bluetooth devices to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard on hp laptop not working