Windows 10: Keyboard on laptop not registering certain function

Discus and support Keyboard on laptop not registering certain function in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My keyboard when im typing is either A) randomly deciding to type another letter twice for example typing (caat, instead of cat) as well as skip... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/stanlor_, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Keyboard on laptop not registering certain function

My keyboard when im typing is either

A) randomly deciding to type another letter twice for example typing (caat, instead of cat) as well as skip letters.

B) when I use the Win + a letter such as D or L, it doesn't work, but I can do Win + R for run? I tried going to the device manager, but I'm having no luck.

submitted by /u/stanlor_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/stanlor_, Jul 20, 2020

2. Intermittent keyboard non-functioning

I use a wireless mouse and keyboard. Every now and then, often enough to be irritating, the keyboard fails to function: the mouse works properly. The keyboard problem persists for a few minutes, after which it works again. There is no discernable pattern to this problem.

This is the third wireless keyboard to show the same problem, suggesting something is wrong elsewhere.

The keyboard batteries are not responsible for the failure.

On the same desk is a cordless telephone.

Any helpful suggestions would be very gratefully received.

ralphholmes, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Keyboard on laptop not registering certain function

Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard on laptop not registering certain function

1. Keyboard on laptop not registering certain function - Similar Threads - Keyboard laptop registering

2. Laptop Keyboard not functional

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Keyboard not functional: my system applications like Microsoft store, search menu, whatsApp does not work with my laptop keyboard, but chrome, edge, office word recognizes it. What can I do to rectify this issue?...
  3. Laptop Keyboard not functional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard not functional: my system applications like Microsoft store, search menu, whatsApp does not work with my laptop keyboard, but chrome, edge, office word recognizes it. What can I do to rectify this issue?...
  4. Laptop Keyboard not functional

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keys on a laptop keyboard not functioning properly

Keys on a laptop keyboard not functioning properly: so when I press certain keys like the s key it either puts multiple of the letter or doesn't do any letter and its only on the s key and the x key...
  6. Gateway, Laptop Certain Keys not functioning correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gateway, Laptop Certain Keys not functioning correctly.: My keys on my keyboard "Q,W,E,R,U,I,O,P and NumLK" Will not work and i tried holding down FN + NumLK and it did not work. I suspected that my NumLK was on so when i pressed it the light and button did not work so i manually turned it off so then the light turned off but those...
  7. Gateway, Laptop Certain Keys not functioning correctly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gateway, Laptop Certain Keys not functioning correctly.: My keys on my keyboard "Q,W,E,R,U,I,O,P and NumLK" Will not work and i tried holding down FN + NumLK and it did not work. I suspected that my NumLK was on so when i pressed it the light and button did not work so i manually turned it off so then the light turned off but those...
  8. Laptop keyboard not registering every keystroke

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop keyboard not registering every keystroke: I'm getting very frustrated. My laptop keyboard is behaving inconsistently. It started a couple weeks ago with just the L key not always coming up as a keystroke every time, then quickly spread to all of the other keys. I'm having to use an external keyboard else everything...
  9. No Keyboard Functionality on Toshiba Laptop

No Keyboard Functionality on Toshiba Laptop: Someone gave me a laptop to fix up. The exact model is the Toshiba Satellite P755-S5260. It's original operating system was Windows 7 but the owner upgraded it to Windows 10. I was able to get it working again by removing and reconnecting the battery and then using Reset this...
  10. Driverless USB keyboard not functioning on laptop

Driverless USB keyboard not functioning on laptop: I have a driverless usb keyboard that works on every other pc in the house. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all usb drivers .Still no function. Please assist....