Windows 10: Keyboard on other users accounts

Discus and support Keyboard on other users accounts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cannot seem to change it for my other user accounts. Mine is fine but the others have @ symbol above the 2 whilst I need it near enter. The language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scottyboy99, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Keyboard on other users accounts

I cannot seem to change it for my other user accounts. Mine is fine but the others have @ symbol above the 2 whilst I need it near enter. The language settings are UK and override for windows display language says 'use language list'. I change it to UK and save but it never sticks. Please help. It's not really straightforward on Windows 10

:)

Scottyboy99, Jan 24, 2016

2. other user accounts

yes, if she logs in to the computer and saves her work on the hard drive. flash drive is a backup. still a good idea if she's on the go.

Susan Slow, Jan 24, 2016
  3. lorenj26 Win User
    other user accounts

I was wondering if my fiancé was to add her account to windows 10 computer would she be able to save her work or would she need to back everything up on a flash drive?

lorenj26, Jan 24, 2016
  4. Keyboard on other users accounts

Could it because it's a child account I cannot change it?

5. It's the same on my wife's account. Using the US keyboard layout. I've overridden but still it's wrong! And removing the US one doesn't do anything. It just keeps coming back! But everything is set to UK, region, keyboard literally everything I can think of

Keyboard on other users accounts [​IMG]

6. Here are some more screenies. As you can see everything set to UK. However I cannot remove the Keyboard layout : US. Is this interfering somehow? Also when I click on the personal handwriting thing, not that I think it's relevant but you notice it has United States and not UK. Is this telling in some way, how does this get changed to UK? When I did the override settings I applied it to all user accounts but still no dice. I am at a loss now, mine is the administrator account (keyboard layout fine and no trace of US in my listings), my wife has a standard account and my son has a child account. I even tried creating a new dummy administrator account and the same happens on this one. It's not the end of the world but some of the US key layout is different to UK and it kind of puts my wife off using her own account. Surely this is a bug in windows 10? I don't know what it was like pre threshold 2 as PC was new and I hadn't had it long before this update came in. All the additional user accounts were created post TH2 update. I wonder if Cortana has anything to do with it but I think it's unlikely

On my own user account all is dandy. The handwriting thing has United Kingdom (not that I'd ever use it)

7. Well, a whole evening on the PC and one extremely angry wife later I sorted it all out. Really get a bee in my bonnet. But what a mission. I'm still not truly sure how it happened but I added another keyboard input under UK, touch extended qwerty so it listed two and the language icon in bottom right notification area sprang to life. I made sure I selected UK from the options and it seems to of stuck for all users! I did a restart to be sure and its holding. It's fair to say I love and loathe Windows 10. Anyway that's 1 glitch down, another 9999999 to go!!!

Scottyboy99, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard on other users accounts

1. Keyboard on other users accounts - Similar Threads - Keyboard users accounts

2. Other User accounts NOT loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other User accounts NOT loading: My NEW laptop, updated to Win11 as soon as I started it, I've created 4 "Users" on it, Only logged on with 1 user until now 6 weeks after buying it tried to log on with any of the other user accounts, and all I get is a BLACK screen after "signing in". Tried Safe...
  3. Other User accounts NOT loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other User accounts NOT loading: My NEW laptop, updated to Win11 as soon as I started it, I've created 4 "Users" on it, Only logged on with 1 user until now 6 weeks after buying it tried to log on with any of the other user accounts, and all I get is a BLACK screen after "signing in". Tried Safe...
  4. Managing Other User account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Managing Other User account: I have given my son a surface to use in school and his profile was created by his school under other users. I am the administrator of the surface but I am unable to add his account to the family account neither am I able to restrict his time on the surface. Is there something...
  5. Keyboard Layouts from other user accounts appear on my account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Layouts from other user accounts appear on my account: Hello, I have two preferred languages on my user account. On my computer there is also another account which has these two languages + two other languages. The problem is that if I log into other account and then log in to my account, the keyboard layouts from other user...
  6. User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts

User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts: Hey there! MSI Trident 3 Windows 10 Home 1909 64-bit Long story short, we bought this computer, set it up, and added a user account for my wife and myself. The issue started with her account icon turning into my icon and now her account has my wallpaper and my color scheme...
  7. Other User Account Win 10Pro

Other User Account Win 10Pro: My Win10 Pro did an update on one of my workshop PCs, left it to its devices. Later when I switched on my account has vanished, says Other User, if I log in with my name it opens OK. Have tried netplwiz, there is only my account as administrator, so what's changed ? version...
  8. User Account Picture Changing to Other User

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Account Picture Changing to Other User: I have three accounts on my desktop Win 10 computer. When another user logs in, the administrative account picture changes to their account picture and the administrative account desktop background changes to their background. In addition, all my laptops using the same MS...
  9. Logon to other accounts through "Other User"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Logon to other accounts through "Other User": I am now using Windows 10 (1607 version). I want to display certain users on logon screen and also allow login to other accounts through "Other User" (like in Windows 7). However, I can only either display all the accounts on logon screen or type both the username and...
  10. Other User is the only account

Other User is the only account: Hi, its no great loss, I backed everything up. but my PC, I was using for basic testing and web stuff, is now not letting me in, I did the free upgrade, all good. decided, what the hell, lets reset the lot. (using the delete everything option) Windows 10 boots fine, but...