Windows 10: Keyboard on Windows Menu Section

Discus and support Keyboard on Windows Menu Section in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop keypad is not working on windows menu start section. But its working on command prompt and internet browser. I thought it maybe virus or some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Veddnya Sawant, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Keyboard on Windows Menu Section

My laptop keypad is not working on windows menu start section. But its working on command prompt and internet browser. I thought it maybe virus or some sort of malware. But I scanned pc, but nothing was found. I searched problem related to it and found out to run ctfmon.exe. But its just an temporary solution to it after restart it doesnt work. So anyone can suggest me permanent solution to it. And I myself is an engineer, has gone through L1 solution like scanning virus, reinstall drivers, fix keyboard problems by troubleshooter. it must be related to microsoft service ctfmon. Hope I get the

:)

Veddnya Sawant, Aug 6, 2022
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Aug 6, 2022
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Keyboard not working after Windows 10 Update

Have you tried updating the mouse and keyboard drivers? If not, we suggest you to do so. And if the updates are
    already installed, kindly check if there is an exclamation mark in the Device Manager under the keyboard section. To check it, please follow these steps:

• Go to
      Control Panel
      and open
      Device Manager.

• Right-click
      on the
      Keyboard USB device.

• If you see that there is a
      exclamation mark, please post a screenshot of the error message.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Keyboard on Windows Menu Section

Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

Keyboard on Windows Menu Section

1. Keyboard on Windows Menu Section - Similar Threads - Keyboard Menu Section

2. Recommended section in the start menu is blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recommended section in the start menu is blank: There's just one app in my start menu recommended section suddenly, and it's always just one app. Why? How to resolve this issue?Start menu recommended section is turned on...
  3. Recommended section in the start menu is blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recommended section in the start menu is blank: There's just one app in my start menu recommended section suddenly, and it's always just one app. Why? How to resolve this issue?Start menu recommended section is turned on...
  4. Is there a way to disable the Recommended Section in the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to disable the Recommended Section in the Start Menu?: I have tried using third party apps, but the problem is, they block the recommended section but there are many other issues like File Explorer crashes on right clicking on the Taskbar. I know there is no official fix to that but is there any script, anyone can share to fix...
  5. Keyboard on Windows Menu Section

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard on Windows Menu Section: My laptop keypad is not working on windows menu start section. But its working on command prompt and internet browser. I thought it maybe virus or some sort of malware. But I scanned pc, but nothing was found. I searched problem related to it and found out to run ctfmon.exe....
  6. Windows 11 Start menu recommended section

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Start menu recommended section: I have recently upgraded to windows 11, one issues is there isn't enough space for all the apps I want pinned without scrolling.Half of the space is taken up by the "Recommend" section, I managed to turn all the things off that were showing there, but cannot find how to hide...
  7. Windows 11 Start menu recommended section

Windows 11 Start menu recommended section: I have recently upgraded to windows 11, one issues is there isn't enough space for all the apps I want pinned without scrolling.Half of the space is taken up by the "Recommend" section, I managed to turn all the things off that were showing there, but cannot find how to hide...
  8. Recommended section in Windows 11 Start Menu

Recommended section in Windows 11 Start Menu: Microsoft needs to give users the option to completely remove the Recommended section from the Windows 11 Start Menu. I've turned off all recommendations in Settings, and now have half of my Start Menu full of ... dead space.I do not want nor need to see my recent files or...
  9. Recommended section in Windows 11 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recommended section in Windows 11 Start Menu: Microsoft needs to give users the option to completely remove the Recommended section from the Windows 11 Start Menu. I've turned off all recommendations in Settings, and now have half of my Start Menu full of ... dead space.I do not want nor need to see my recent files or...
  10. Mouse drivers showing up in keyboard section, keyboard drivers showing up in mouse section

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse drivers showing up in keyboard section, keyboard drivers showing up in mouse section: is this a problem? if so how can i solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-drivers-showing-up-in-keyboard-section/5fb0eead-4191-4aa7-9788-e6400e7088d4