Windows 10: keyboard override for default input method not working...

Discus and support keyboard override for default input method not working... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have three language packs installed on my laptop, English UK, English US and Italian. My version of windows is in English, but I am living in Italy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Florio, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Florio Win User

keyboard override for default input method not working...

I have three language packs installed on my laptop, English UK, English US and Italian. My version of windows is in English, but I am living in Italy and so my laptop has an Italian keyboard. I sometimes use the English US keyboard for particular programmes, but otherwise only need the Italian keyboard.
    Until recently, there were no problems, but for about a month now the keyboard language is automatically reset to English UK when I turn on my computer. I've gone into keyboard settings and chosen Italian to override the default input method, but the default keyboard language remains English UK. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Windows version 2004

:)

Florio, Aug 10, 2020

2. Input language and keyboard language are different.How to set as default.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to keyboard language and input language on your PC.

One of the things you can try is to override the default input method and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows +
      I
      keys to open Settings.
    2. Click on Devices and then select
      Typing
    3. Under More keyboard settings click on
      Advanced keyboard settings.
    4. Now on the Override for default input method select the drop down to the
      language you want to set.
    5. Restart the PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Override default keyboard input

Using: Windows 10, 64 bit, PC

Tried: Control Panel>Language/Advanced settings/Override for default input method

Put it to English (United States) - United States-International

Save

Window changed to: Control Panel>All Control Panel Items>Language, but English (United States)-International Is not present.

Tried also: Windows key+Space. A window appears showing the 3 languages I expected, but the text starts flashing, and selection with the mouse is not successful.

Jaifima_734, Aug 10, 2020
  4. keyboard override for default input method not working...

Keyboard input wont change from english

Hi Dennis,

To fix the issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Add all keyboard types in one or more languages that you want to use.
    • Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language
      > Additional date, time, & regional settings.
    • Go to Language > Advance settings >
      Override for default input method
    • Choose the type of keyboard you want.
    • Click on Save.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

keyboard override for default input method not working...

1. keyboard override for default input method not working... - Similar Threads - keyboard override default

2. Keyboard shortcuts for switching between Japanese input methods not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcuts for switching between Japanese input methods not working: for example CTRL + Capslock and Alt + Capslock to switch between Romaji and Kana input modes, these cant seem to work, have had this issue back with Windows 10 and it still persists with Windows 11 doesn't matter if i use the new or old IME...
  3. Keyboard shortcuts for switching between Japanese input methods not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard shortcuts for switching between Japanese input methods not working: for example CTRL + Capslock and Alt + Capslock to switch between Romaji and Kana input modes, these cant seem to work, have had this issue back with Windows 10 and it still persists with Windows 11 doesn't matter if i use the new or old IME...
  4. Input method not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Input method not working: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 20H2 and now my keyboard input methods for other languages don't work. I've used them for years and now after the last Windows update I can type ONLY in English. I'm using Microsoft Pinyin and Japanese IME's.Please advice. Thanks....
  5. Input method not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input method not working: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 20H2 and now my keyboard input methods for other languages don't work. I've used them for years and now after the last Windows update I can type ONLY in English. I'm using Microsoft Pinyin and Japanese IME's.Please advice. Thanks....
  6. Input method not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can not add keyboard, Keyboard input methods are lost

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not add keyboard, Keyboard input methods are lost: Please help me, keyboard input methods are lost[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-add-keyboard-keyboard-input-methods-are/4e8372a5-f07d-4118-9864-51df928d153e
  8. windows 10 keyboard input method

windows 10 keyboard input method: Since Microsoft bought Swiftkey in 2016, I was waiting all the time that Swiftkey will replace the microsoft IME. I am currently using more than 3 different languages to input on mobile phones and windows, which they are Cantonese, English and Japanese. I use these languages...
  9. Input method

Input method: I find that there is one extra input method called English(Australia) How can i delete it?[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/input-method/8f286f3b-6037-47a8-8f3b-3987b7443078
  10. input method

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    input method: I want to input method for keyboard in devlys010 font for hindi in main languge of windows default language. But here hindi language available but it don't take devlys010 font as input method but in Microsoft office it take it because there I have option available Thanks...