Windows 10: Keyboard pad light will not stay on

Discus and support Keyboard pad light will not stay on in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since doing a recovery with Microsoft a couple days ago, which by the way did a great job by the way. Yet I can't seem to find how to keep my keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SicilianFox, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Keyboard pad light will not stay on

Since doing a recovery with Microsoft a couple days ago, which by the way did a great job by the way. Yet I can't seem to find how to keep my keyboard pad lighting on; only when I touch will they stay on for 15 seconds, but I prefer them on at all time. Anyone know how to turn them on? I have a Sony Vaio 15" laptop..thanks

:)

SicilianFox, Dec 18, 2018

2. Number pad that comes with Sculpt wireless keyboard.

Hi,

This problem may occur due to an outdated or corrupted device driver. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is the number pad device visible on Device Manager?
    • Is the wireless keyboard working on your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article
    . It contains information and basic troubleshooting steps regarding keyboard problems in Windows.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Dec 18, 2018
  3. remolanot Win User
    Keyboard lights

1. Did you mean the keyboard backlight or indicator lights (i.e. Num Lock)?
    2. If your problem is about indicator lights, are you using a external keyboard?

--KEYBOARD BACKLIGHT--

Consult your laptop's manual downloaded from the internet. You might want to install some drivers in order to use the backlight.

--INDICATOR LIGHT--

1. LAPTOP KEYBOARD
      • If indicator light, try pressing the Caps Lock key and see if the caps lock light turned on. Same process for Scroll and Num lock.
      • Some laptops may show the "Caps Lock ON" in your laptop screen.
    2. EXTERNAL KEYBOARD (EITHER USB OR BLUETOOTH)
      • When you use the external keyboard, locate the "Caps Lock" key indicator light. Try pressing the "Caps Lock" and make sure if it is turned on. Same process for Scroll and Num Lock.

If these are not working, try installing or updating the drivers. You'll need to restart after installing.

remolanot, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Keyboard pad light will not stay on

E70 Number Pad Lighting Stays On After Phone Turned Off

If I turn my E70 off in dark conditions, and therefore the number pad is illuminated prior to turn off, the number pad will stay illuminated permanently even after the phone is turned off. I let it sit there once just to see if it would eventually go out,
    but after 8 hours it was still on!

The only way to get the lighting to turn off is to pull the battery out and reinsert it, or turn the phone on in bright light and then turn it off while still in bright light.

Does anyone else have this problem?

dohearn---01, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard pad light will not stay on

1. Keyboard pad light will not stay on - Similar Threads - Keyboard pad light

2. Taskbar stays on light theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar stays on light theme: As you can see, I actually use the dark theme, but the taskbar somehow doesn't change to the dark theme too. Is this a bug? because before I updated to this version of windows 11 it was okay. I've tried to check for updates again but, it says that I'm up to date.Edition...
  3. Taskbar stays on light theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar stays on light theme: As you can see, I actually use the dark theme, but the taskbar somehow doesn't change to the dark theme too. Is this a bug? because before I updated to this version of windows 11 it was okay. I've tried to check for updates again but, it says that I'm up to date.Edition...
  4. keyboard light

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard light: i cant activate my keyboard light on asus laptop..i try every clue from google or youtube..still not working..any hint?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-light/6c967b47-6e54-4adf-bcb5-3310069dffc4
  5. keyboard light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard light: i cant activate my keyboard light on asus laptop..i try every clue from google or youtube..still not working..any hint?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-light/6c967b47-6e54-4adf-bcb5-3310069dffc4
  6. keyboard light

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard light: I cannot see the keyboard letters when the keyboard lights up. Is there a way to dim the light or turn it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-light/650ff33a-70cd-45b5-a620-6f1c12d9426d
  7. Mouse light on touch pad stays on

Mouse light on touch pad stays on: Occasionally my mouse icon stays lit on my touch pad (Toshiba laptop). I cannot remember but there's a quick remedy for turning of the light. Holding down a button or maybe the mouse icon itself but I cannot remember. Does anyone know the fix? Thanks in advance!...
  8. Light on Touchpad stays on

Light on Touchpad stays on: The white light on my touchpad on my Toshiba Satallite stays on * Moved from Education ***Modified title from: The white light on my touchpad on my Toshiba Satellite stays on***...
  9. keyboard lights

keyboard lights: I nearly complained to the ebay seller who sold me my illuminated keyboard as the three leds for caps /num lock etc did not work. Then I noticed a brief mention somewhere on this forum about kb lights not working. I switched to W7 and the kb lights are ok (the backlighting...
  10. Fans and keyboard lights stay on when hibernating or sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fans and keyboard lights stay on when hibernating or sleeping: Hi all, Installed Windows 10 a while ago, and have just now gotten around posting somewhere about this issue. Basically, my laptop will not fully enter sleep or hibernate modes, and the fans and keyboard lights will stay on. This seems to only happen when I have my...