Windows 10: Keyboard play and pause buttons no longer working

Discus and support Keyboard play and pause buttons no longer working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Out of the blue my play and pause buttons on my Logitech keyboard have stopped working. The volume controls and mute work, but on Chrome, Firefox, Hulu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by James Brenner1, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Keyboard play and pause buttons no longer working

Out of the blue my play and pause buttons on my Logitech keyboard have stopped working. The volume controls and mute work, but on Chrome, Firefox, Hulu App, and Windows media players they do not work but do work for the iTunes app and Netflix app. I have tried restarting all of these programs and even uninstalled iTunes to see if it was the issue. I tried another Windows keyboard and it had the exact same problem. I have tried uninstalling recent Windows updates, uninstalling my keyboard drivers, changing the human device interface settings, disabling Apple services and Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service the latter was already disabled, I don't know how to enable it, changing chrome://flags/#hardware-media-key-handling to disabled, having all of these apps closed, and restarting my computer dozens of times. I also changed what USB ports I plug into. Does anyone know how to fix this? The problem came out of the blue.

:)

James Brenner1, Apr 22, 2020

2. Play/Pause button on keyboard

Hello,

Since my last Windows 10 Update on the 11th of April the function Play/Pause button on my keyboard has changed. Before the update, it used to only play or pause the music being played on Windows Media Player or MPC-HC and had no effect whatsoever on Youtube
    or Facebook videos being played in the Internet browser. Since the update, YT and FB video even have the priority, i.e. the Play/Pause button only effects the videos when there any open and only plays/pauses music in WMP or MPC HC when there are no videos
    open in browser. Is there a way to get stuff the way they were before update?

Thanks in advance,

Sari

OopsicusMaximus, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update

Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update
    Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update

Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update

Fahad O. A., Apr 22, 2020
  4. Keyboard play and pause buttons no longer working

BLUETOOTH BUTTONS (PLAY/PAUSE) NOT WORKING AFTER 1803 UPDATE

KEEP BLOCKING ME AND I'LL COME BACK WITH ANOTHER PROFILE UNTIL YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THIS ISSUE WITH THE BLUETOOTH AND FIX IT THEN I'LL BE QUIET, SO WHEN WILL YOU FIX THIS MICROSOFT??????, YOU TOOK AWAY AN OPTION THAT I USED TO USE WITHOUT EXPLANATION,
    YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD GET AWAY WITH IT IDIOTS??????, I NEED TO USE MY HEADSET'S BLUETOOTH BUTTONS AND NOW THEY DONT WORK, YOU CAN'T DO THAT, HAD YOU NOT GIVEN US THIS OPTION IN THE PAST THEN I WOULDN'T ASK FOR IT, BUT EVERYBODY WAS USING THE BUTTONS FOR DESKTOP
    APPS AND NOW YOU DON'T HAVE THE DECENCY TO TELL US ANYTHING ABOUT THIS ISSUE, I WILL KEEP REQUESTING THIS OPTION TO BE FIXED.

Najla'aChorbaness, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard play and pause buttons no longer working

1. Keyboard play and pause buttons no longer working - Similar Threads - Keyboard play pause

2. Play/Pause controls no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play/Pause controls no longer working: Hi there.So I'm having a issue with media controls lately.Until now, the media controls for skip worked. The play/pause buttons didn't respond anymore.I've read another article about this, didn't find anything helpful.I tried everything, from default music player app, to...
  3. Play/Pause controls no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Play/Pause controls no longer working: Hi there.So I'm having a issue with media controls lately.Until now, the media controls for skip worked. The play/pause buttons didn't respond anymore.I've read another article about this, didn't find anything helpful.I tried everything, from default music player app, to...
  4. Play/Pause Media button not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Play/Pause Media button not working: For some reason my play/pause media button on my keyboard doesn't work right, when I press it the music rapidly pauses and then un-pauses, so fast that you cant even tell that I tried to pause it. Both the Skip and Rewind media buttons work fine, but the Play/Pause button...
  5. Next/Previous Multimedia buttons on keyboard no longer working in chrome play/pause works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Next/Previous Multimedia buttons on keyboard no longer working in chrome play/pause works: A while ago these buttons stopped working for me, I used them a lot while I was listening to music in my Youtube playlists while working on other things. I tried running these commands in CMD as administrator DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and sfc /scannow, but it...
  6. Windows button on keyboard misread as Media Play/Pause Button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows button on keyboard misread as Media Play/Pause Button: After reinstalling Win10 from ISO file, my Windows button on keyboard won't work. Start Menu works just fine. I checked it with SharpKeys it turns out it read as Media Play/Pause Button, then I assigned that key to Left Windows Button, reboot and still wont work. Is that a...
  7. Bluetooth pause/play button stopped working

Bluetooth pause/play button stopped working: The Bluetooth pause / play button stopped working. I tried both a Bluetooth speaker and Bluetooth earphones that were both working recently and both of them have the same issue with the pause/play button not working. When I try these same Bluetooth speaker & earphones on my...
  8. play/pause button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    play/pause button: [ATTACH] any way to move this its really bugging me when i play games, it almost takes up a quarter of the screen https://preview.redd.it/h8kem2n9j4l51.png?width=653&format=png&auto=webp&s=356e20303736ce259f20c791a48e5d8a76f2faef submitted by /u/Rampagingflames [link]...
  9. Next/Previous Multimedia buttons on keyboard no longer working play/pause/stop works

Next/Previous Multimedia buttons on keyboard no longer working play/pause/stop works: So yeah they suddenly stopped working. I use them to control youtube without tabbing in and out. They work on windows media player and groove music, but that's all. They worked on Opera before....
  10. Play/Pause button on keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Play/Pause button on keyboard: Hello, Since my last Windows 10 Update on the 11th of April the function Play/Pause button on my keyboard has changed. Before the update, it used to only play or pause the music being played on Windows Media Player or MPC-HC and had no effect whatsoever on Youtube or...