Windows 10: Keyboard possibly permanently disabled or doesn't respond to switching between...

Discus and support Keyboard possibly permanently disabled or doesn't respond to switching between... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Galaxy book has this function where if you fold back the attached keyboard it would automatically switch to tablet mode and disable the keyboard; if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Viera Zhang, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Keyboard possibly permanently disabled or doesn't respond to switching between...

Galaxy book has this function where if you fold back the attached keyboard it would automatically switch to tablet mode and disable the keyboard; if you flip it back flat it would immediately come back to desktop mode and keyboard's backlight would come up.

However after not even 1 year of use, I noticed mine has been really slow to respond to said position changes and so I had to enable a notification for every switch to see when it actually responds. Before, if I fiddled around with it for some time it would still respond timely to switching modes, but a few days ago it's become less and less responsive, sometimes even coming up with the wrong mode's notification. It used to have a notification sound whenever I switch modes/detach/attach keyboard but now that's gonna as well. Today I've only managed to make the keyboard light come on twice....after a lot of attempted driver updates and restarts.... So I really wanna know what the problem actually is...

I'm using win 10 home ver 1803, already looked through a lot of the questions in the forum and tried updating whole system, updating all drivers in DM, a lot of restarts and detaching the keyboard..... The keyboard itself doesn't seem to be broken in any way, only used this for 1 year only detached a few times. So i thought maybe something wrong with the driver for responding to mode switch is faulty? Like my keyboard is still disabled because it thinks I'm still in tablet mode? Or something to do with the compatibility of updates like in this q?https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/auto-swich-mode-tablet-not-working-after-fall/ac0ac2c7-937b-4e83-be99-ae5af4c9a434?auth=1&page=2

Plz help!!!!

:)

Viera Zhang, Sep 12, 2018

2. keyboard doesn' t working

keyboard doesn' t working, it doesn't popup on my nokia lumia 735 after I took windows 10, 10586 version. Please, help!!!

ZelenaVisnja, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 12, 2018
  4. AlbertoMA Win User

Keyboard possibly permanently disabled or doesn't respond to switching between...

my 3Dprinter doesn´t appear

My 3D printer doesn´t appear on when I open 3D builder on the left popup to choose printer.

Is it need to do any previous step?? I thought It was plug and play. the printer is an UP Plus2 from Tiertime so, it is one of the recommended partners manufaturers. any message of error just doesnçt possible to send the prin.

AlbertoMA, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard possibly permanently disabled or doesn't respond to switching between...

1. Keyboard possibly permanently disabled or doesn't respond to switching between... - Similar Threads - Keyboard possibly permanently

2. Is it possible to switch between OS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to switch between OS?: If persay I have a mac OS bootable usb drive and I plugged it into my windows 10 pc, could I like possibly use windows 10 at one time and switch to mac OS whenever I want? I'm also wondering if this same logic would work for other bootable usb drives like ubuntu, linux, etc....
  3. Is it possible to switch between OS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to switch between OS?: If persay I have a mac OS bootable usb drive and I plugged it into my windows 10 pc, could I like possibly use windows 10 at one time and switch to mac OS whenever I want? I'm also wondering if this same logic would work for other bootable usb drives like ubuntu, linux, etc....
  4. Is it possible to switch between OS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts: I have 3 accounts on my ZenBook, running windows 11. I was using a Microsoft wired keyboard and had to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in after switching between accounts to make the keyboard work. I've just upgraded to a logitech k850 bluetooth keyboard and it's also...
  6. Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts: I have 3 accounts on my ZenBook, running windows 11. I was using a Microsoft wired keyboard and had to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in after switching between accounts to make the keyboard work. I've just upgraded to a logitech k850 bluetooth keyboard and it's also...
  7. Permanent Keyboard and Mouse Disables

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permanent Keyboard and Mouse Disables: This issue has started happening around ~6 months ago. I have found no other mention of what I'm describing. I will describe it as best as I can: Whilst randomly using my computer, if I'm just browsing the web, playing games, and not doing much, after my PC's been running...
  8. Problems switching between keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems switching between keyboard layouts: I am having trouble switching between keyboard layouts for different languages. English is my default setting and I have the language packs for 4 other languages installed. However, the language selection icon the one that normally appears in the lower righthand corner...
  9. Switch between screens via keyboard -- Possible?

Switch between screens via keyboard -- Possible?: Win10-1803. My set up: I have 2 screens: 1, my laptop, and 2, an HDMI TV. Screen 2 is extended desktop. What I do: Move the mouse between 1 & 2. -- too much mouse distance. What I'd prefer: Hit a keyboard key to switch between 1 & 2. The mouse jumpping with the...
  10. Switching between "playback device" doesn't switch.

Switching between "playback device" doesn't switch.: Hello there, My Surface Pro 4 is unable to switch between the 3 various output audio devices as shown below. For example, audio would be playing through "Speakers (Surface Dock)" then when I switch to "Headset Earphone (4- Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000)", the audio...