Windows 10: Keyboard prefs

Discus and support Keyboard prefs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Expat here. I have a Latin American keyboard but I prefer English as my interface language. In the Lock Screen, I have a choice between English,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mayagrafix, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Keyboard prefs

Expat here. I have a Latin American keyboard but I prefer English as my interface language. In the Lock Screen, I have a choice between English, Spanish and a combination ENG/LAA (English interface with Latin American keyboard) but when I log in the options are limited to ENG or ESP, and the hybrid ENG/LAA is not available.

Any ideas as to how I can the same 3 options available once I log in?

TIA

:)

Mayagrafix, Jun 27, 2016
  2. hkmk23 Win User

>.pref files

Hi all,

I am using Vegas pro 14 on a windows10 pro machine. works fine with my contour shuttle which uses .pref files to set which buttons do what task.

I also use Videopad for quick and dirty editing but it simply does not recognise/use the .pref file.

Contour themselves cannot understand this so, can anyone tell me what language the .pref files are in on a windows machine so I can try and edit it myself?

I believe that the original .pref files were mac OSX 10 things which of course will be no use on a windows machine. (I have a mac I can use...but don't like it!).

cheers all

Tim

hkmk23, Jun 27, 2016
  3. >.pref files

We appreciate your response and the information provided. It is indeed our pleasure to assist and provide you with information. There are more improvements and enhancement that Microsoft will be providing each Windows user in the future, and you can be part
    of those big changes. That said, we encourage you to submit your issue using the Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item, we gather additional details and information about your issue
    that will help determine what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your
    feedback items.

For more information on Feedback Hub, see our support article and YouTube video.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

• On a Windows 10 device, search for "Feedback Hub" in Cortana search, then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
    • Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you're done.
    • Once you've complete the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear.
    • Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, then paste the link in your response (It will look like?URL Manager link>)

Best regards,

Carlos

Carlos Tin, Jun 27, 2016
  4. jimb14TF Win User

Keyboard prefs

I saw your question and looked at the date and thought it was just a couple weeks ago - now that I try to respond I see it is over a year ago! Did you ever find out how to get it set to LAA? I too am an expat. I looked for the language setting for the keyboard and couldn't find the LAA either. But here is what I use and it has served me well for several years (and I used it on both an English based keyboard and a Latin American keyboard - the physical ones on computers, not the virtual ones in the computer settings).
    I have chosen to use the English United States-International keyboard. You will find it as a choice in settings/time & language / region and language. What this gives me is the US English arrangement of the keys, and the ability to type accented and other special characters in combination with the right alt key or 2 key combinations, like ' + e = é .
    I have only two on my computer, the Eng(US)-US-Intl and the Spanish (Peru)-Latin American. But I never use the ESP anymore.
    Hope that helps if you haven't gotten anything else that works.

jimb14TF, Jul 15, 2017
Thema:

Keyboard prefs

1. Keyboard prefs - Similar Threads - Keyboard prefs

2. Laptop Keyboard Typing on Its Own: Unresolved Issue Despite Various Attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard Typing on Its Own: Unresolved Issue Despite Various Attempts: I've encountered a persistent problem with my laptop's keyboard, where it seems to type on its own accord, generating random characters and inputs without any manual intervention. Here's a rundown of what I've tried so far:- Initially, I attempted disconnecting the internal...
  3. Laptop Keyboard Typing on Its Own: Unresolved Issue Despite Various Attempts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Keyboard Typing on Its Own: Unresolved Issue Despite Various Attempts: I've encountered a persistent problem with my laptop's keyboard, where it seems to type on its own accord, generating random characters and inputs without any manual intervention. Here's a rundown of what I've tried so far:- Initially, I attempted disconnecting the internal...
  4. Laptop Keyboard Typing on Its Own: Unresolved Issue Despite Various Attempts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My monitor mouse and keyboard stop working but the PC is still pn

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor mouse and keyboard stop working but the PC is still pn: I turn on my PC and everything works normal after sometime my monitor goes into power saving mode keyboard and mouse turn off but PC is still on like nothing happened pls do you know how I can fix it...
  6. My monitor mouse and keyboard stop working but the PC is still pn

My monitor mouse and keyboard stop working but the PC is still pn: I turn on my PC and everything works normal after sometime my monitor goes into power saving mode keyboard and mouse turn off but PC is still on like nothing happened pls do you know how I can fix it...
  7. My monitor mouse and keyboard stop working but the PC is still pn

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.: Some of the keys don't work unless I press in a certain area on my laptop that bends the frame, creating a connection. This is definitely a hardware issue plus I already did resetting and resetting drivers and I want to know if there is a quick fix/troubleshoot I could do...
  9. My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.

My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.: Some of the keys don't work unless I press in a certain area on my laptop that bends the frame, creating a connection. This is definitely a hardware issue plus I already did resetting and resetting drivers and I want to know if there is a quick fix/troubleshoot I could do...
  10. How to delete a keyboard input method

How to delete a keyboard input method: I have Windows set to English, but my keyboard is Spanish. I would like to remove the English keyboard input method but I can't, it is quite annoying as every time I restart the PC the default input method is English and I have to change it....