Windows 10: Keyboard prevents display from turning off

Discus and support Keyboard prevents display from turning off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use Microsoft comfort keyboard 5050. When I am trying to turn off my display,a few seconds later it turns on again. It is an ongoing issue problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bea Bea4, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Bea Bea4 Win User

Keyboard prevents display from turning off

I use Microsoft comfort keyboard 5050. When I am trying to turn off my display,a few seconds later it turns on again. It is an ongoing issue problem. So I had to unplug the usb

:)

Bea Bea4, Mar 18, 2020
  2. jorog(2) Win User

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Mar 18, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Keyboard prevents display from turning off

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Hi Jorog,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

• Since when you are facing this issue?
    • Is your computer up to date?
    Until you reply back to us with the required information, you may follow the below suggestions

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if there is any issues with the current power plan which you are using at present in your system. Follow the below steps sequentially.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • You may create the new power plan by clicking on the Create a powerplan
      on left navigation pane.
    • Assign the name you wish to new power plan, click on Next and change the settings accordingly and click on
      Create.
    Step 2:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • Select your current plan and click on Change plan settings. (The power plan which you have created in the step 1
    • Set the Turn off the display to 5 minutes/any other time you wish.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard prevents display from turning off

1. Keyboard prevents display from turning off - Similar Threads - Keyboard prevents display

2. USB Xbox Controller / Joystick preventing monitor screen display from turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB Xbox Controller / Joystick preventing monitor screen display from turning off: Certain USB gamepads / joysticks / steering wheels prevent the screensaver running and/or the monitor from switching off after the time set in power and sleep settings. The screensaver will kick in but immediately exit or the monitor will go blank as if to start the...
  3. Keyboard turns off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard turns off: I have a problem. I have a USB Keyboard. I was playing and then my keyboard and mouse turned off. I restarted my pc and now only my mouse is working. After restarting my keyboard leds go on and turn off 2 seconds later. I switched usb ports and restarted my pc 100 times ,...
  4. Microsoft Edge prevents my display from shutting off

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge prevents my display from shutting off: I have set Edge to not run in the background so it won't prevent my display from shutting off until i run Edge at least once and close it. I check task manager and it is still running. And at this point the display refuses to shut down. The only fix is to kill Edge in the...
  5. Prevent sleep mode from turning off WiFi adapter?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Prevent sleep mode from turning off WiFi adapter?: Just within the last week or two, so I'm guessing that a Windows 10 update is the culprit, when my laptop goes into sleep mode, which it does dozens of times throughout the day as I travel from account to account, Windows is not turning off the WiFi adaptor. Thus, every time...
  6. Preventing Windows 10 from sleeping/turning off

Preventing Windows 10 from sleeping/turning off: Hello Community, I try to download a 70GB game I just bought from the Microsoft store (sorry but the store is horrible compared to steam and any other game distributing platform). My PC decides to go to sleep, or any other form of shut down (monitor goes black, PC does not...
  7. turn off display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn off display: Hi, I have a screen and a tv plugged in my GC. When the TV is off, I would like the corresponding display to be turned off si my mouse don't get lost on a second screen that is not turned on. Normally I would go in the display setting page and turn it off from the...
  8. Display turns off

Display turns off: My display always turns off after 5 minutes of whatever game I played. My screen shows that it is sleeping, but I can't turn it on, forcing me to restart. I have set my monitor and computer to sleep after 2 hours. Is my computer over-heating, or can I fix this in my...
  9. Turn off the touchscreen and turn on the keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn off the touchscreen and turn on the keyboard.: How do I turn off the touchscreen and turn on the keyboard. ***Edited Original Title from: HOW DO I TURN OFF THE TOUCH SCREN & TURN ON KEYBOARD***...
  10. How do I prevent Display from turning off when playing audio? POWERCFG

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I prevent Display from turning off when playing audio? POWERCFG: I recently installed the iHeart Radio app on my Windows 10 PC. After 10 minutes my PC Display turned off. Seems the app doesn't keep the PC Display from turning off. In my power settings, I have my display set to turn off after 10 minutes and computer to sleep to never. How...