Windows 10: Keyboard problem - keypress loop

Discus and support Keyboard problem - keypress loop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, i have problem with my keyboard, when i press tilde ` nothing happens. But then if i bind something to it e.g. in PC game, that action will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by raper4504, Dec 12, 2020.

1. raper4504 Win User

Keyboard problem - keypress loop

Hey,

i have problem with my keyboard, when i press tilde ` nothing happens. But then if i bind something to it e.g. in PC game, that action will repeat in a loop! But in windows in notepad, nothing is written if i click there. Really strange! Also i can't write tilde, only if i hold the key, it will start writing. I tried keyboard on other PC and it didn't happen there! I am using Windows 10 Pro. I also tried different USB port and shut down PC and fired it up again. Same problem... Also i have no detections on my PC, no idea what could be causing this issue! Also no weird programs running on background.

Any idea what it could be? Ty!

:)

raper4504, Dec 12, 2020
  2. Eddie9000 Win User

Sculpt keyboard does not detect keypress after inactivity, or repeats the keypress

I use Microsoft Sculpt ergonomic keyboard and mouse at home and at work. With both keyboards I have issues with keypresses not being detected or being repeated after the button has been released.

• When pressing a key after a few minutes of inactivity, the first keypress does not register. This is also true when the monitor has been turned off because of inactivity, and when the computer has gone to sleep because of inactivity. The next keypress will
      however always register.
    • When pressing a key after a few minutes of inactivity, the key can get stuck repeating the keypress until the key is pressed again. This often happens when I'm watching a YouTube video and presses the spacebar to pause the video. The result is that the
      YouTube player will pause and unpause multiple times a second until I press spacebar again.
    I'm running English Windows 10 updated as of 5/22/2017 with the official Microsoft keyboard software installed. One keyboard is Swedish and use the Swedish keyboard layout. The other is Korean and use the US keyboard layout. The wireless receiver connected
    to the computer is in both cases about 50cm/20" from the keyboard itself, with only the computer monitor blocking the direct path. In both locations there are WiFi routers close by, and in my office environment there are other computers nearby with wireless
    devices.

Eddie9000, Dec 12, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Keyboard problem - keypress loop

Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard problem - keypress loop

1. Keyboard problem - keypress loop - Similar Threads - Keyboard problem keypress

2. Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000/Comfort Keyboard 5050 lag and repeating keypresses, but not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000/Comfort Keyboard 5050 lag and repeating keypresses, but not...: I have a Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 and Comfort Keyboard 5050 bought together as a "Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5050", using with my Dell Latitude 7420 laptop.Ever since I bought them, I noticed that from a cold boot, or after the machine resumes from "deep" sleep,...
  3. Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000/Comfort Keyboard 5050 lag and repeating keypresses, but not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000/Comfort Keyboard 5050 lag and repeating keypresses, but not...: I have a Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 and Comfort Keyboard 5050 bought together as a "Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5050", using with my Dell Latitude 7420 laptop.Ever since I bought them, I noticed that from a cold boot, or after the machine resumes from "deep" sleep,...
  4. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keypressing problem: Hey everyone,Sorry for disturbing but I am facing keypressing problem in my Lenovo G50-80 80E5 laptop. I've googled it and found a solution. Following the solution, i enabled the last option of the device installation restrictions in group policy which was Prevent...
  5. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keypressing problem: Hey everyone,Sorry for disturbing but I am facing keypressing problem in my Lenovo G50-80 80E5 laptop. I've googled it and found a solution. Following the solution, i enabled the last option of the device installation restrictions in group policy which was Prevent...
  6. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Keyboard problem - keypress loop

Keyboard problem - keypress loop: Hey, i have problem with my keyboard, when i press tilde ` nothing happens. But then if i bind something to it e.g. in PC game, that action will repeat in a loop! But in windows in notepad, nothing is written if i click there. Really strange! Also i can't write tilde, only...
  8. Keyboard keypresses produce irregular results

Keyboard keypresses produce irregular results: Pressing a key on the keyboard can produce completely irregular results. Some times the keystroke doesn't register at all some times it registers multiple times. This is a new behaviour that's happening with an old windows 10 installation. They keyboard apparently works fine...
  9. Any workaround for broken keyboard pressing multiply keys on single keypress?

Any workaround for broken keyboard pressing multiply keys on single keypress?: So when I press "h" it presses h6j. Some letters press caps lock which is very annoying. Can it be possible to make ot so that every time "h6j" is pressed at the same time, it enters only h?...
  10. Keyboard keypress volume

Keyboard keypress volume: Since in my Surface 1 I have the touch keyboard I need audio feedback for the pressure of keys, but I don't want to hear loud all the other windows sounds. Is it possible in win 10 to raise the volume of the keyboard while leaving the rest of system sounds dim? 49053