Windows 10: Keyboard Problem

Discus and support Keyboard Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a HP ProBook laptop with Windows 10. Suddenly, the Enter and Backspace key stopped working and would thereafter start working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Yegneshwar, May 22, 2019.

1. Keyboard Problem

Hi,

I have a HP ProBook laptop with Windows 10. Suddenly, the Enter and Backspace key stopped working and would thereafter start working intermittently. I wanted to know if this is a software issue or a hardware issue.

If anyone else has faced this issue please let me know how you resolved it.

:)

Yegneshwar, May 22, 2019

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, May 22, 2019
  3. Keyboard letters problem

Here are the first two steps you need to take:

• Try a different keyboard (or an external USB keyboard in case of a laptop)
    • See if the problem persists with the on-screen keyboard (osk.exe)

Frederik Long, May 22, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Keyboard Problem

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard Problem

1. Keyboard Problem - Similar Threads - Keyboard Problem

2. Keyboard problems after updates.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard problems after updates.: After every update on Windows 10 I lose the keyboard. I use an Acer wireless keyboard and mouse they both work through the same dongle. The mouse is no problem it works OK. The problem is the keyboard. It allows me to type in PIN/Password and it works on Command Prompt but...
  3. keyboard problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard problems: hi WINDOWS 10 USER i have a very annoying problem with my keyboard. ever since i moved out and installed my setup in my new house i have been experiencing problems on my keyboard. everytime i start my pc and i want to log in, multiple...
  4. Microsoft 1632 All-in-One Media Keyboard Connection Problem

Microsoft 1632 All-in-One Media Keyboard Connection Problem: Hi there, wish you a great week! I have a little problem about my keyboard. About a year ago, my friend gave me a 1632 keyboard and dongle and as i am using a gaming keyboard, i have never used that before. Today I have tried to connect it on a computer i have just...
  5. Odd keyboard problem aft upgrading to Win 10 v1903. Must be Gremlins!

Odd keyboard problem aft upgrading to Win 10 v1903. Must be Gremlins!: I like my old 2009 iMac keyboard. So much so I keep it after building my new PC (I no longer have the iMac). I photo edit with Photoshop CS6 EX & noticed one of my keyboard shortcut combos quit working (Shift+Ctrl+Alt+F) after upgrading to Win 10 v 1903. In Photoshop...
  6. Custom keyboard layout uninstall/duplicating problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom keyboard layout uninstall/duplicating problem: On Windows 10 64 bit amd computer. I added a keyboard layout and then made another, not sure how it happened but now whenever I add layout two it adds layout one instead. I've tried reinstalling layout one and removing it, creating a totally new layout and installing that....
  7. Connectivity problem with the Microsoft Comfort Sculpt Mouse/Keyboard

Connectivity problem with the Microsoft Comfort Sculpt Mouse/Keyboard: Hello, I think I have a common problem with the Microsoft Sculpt wireless keyboard/mouse I purchased a number of months ago. It has previously worked continuously with no problem but there is now an issue with connectivity. I've tried all the suggested fixes in various...
  8. Have a problem with my mouse and keyboard.

Have a problem with my mouse and keyboard.: My mouse and keyboard are both mechanically perfectly fine, but for some reason, after about 10 mins of playing a game they will both completely freeze, and i have to manually turn my computer off and on, and the cycle continues. I'm thinking its a driver problem, but I'm not...
  9. Virus or Keyboard problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virus or Keyboard problem: My laptop has this virus or keyboard problem for just over 1 month. It dosen't stop when I reset or factory my laptop and is just there. Whenever i press a key it does not register and does something completely different for example when i press 'a' it wants to gamecapture...
  10. Keyboard problem

Keyboard problem: When I use an app on Windows 10 and am entering text, when I press an "r" or a "t" the app will often go off into spellchecking. It's particularly likely to happen when I enter a double "r" - as in my own name. It happens with Word, but it also happens with apps which have...