Windows 10: keyboard problem

Discus and support keyboard problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, i`ve just updated to the latest windows update available for me and my window key plus the menu key on my keyboard stopped working, instead they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ViktorS1, Nov 16, 2019.

1. ViktorS1 Win User

keyboard problem

Hi,

i`ve just updated to the latest windows update available for me and my window key plus the menu key on my keyboard stopped working, instead they have enter function, like if i select something on desktop and i press either of them it`s the execute command.

I`ve searched and nobody neems to have this problem...yet.

I have a Acer Nitro 5 model AN515-42.

Keyboard worked fine before updating.

:)

ViktorS1, Nov 16, 2019

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Keyboard letters problem

Here are the first two steps you need to take:

• Try a different keyboard (or an external USB keyboard in case of a laptop)
    • See if the problem persists with the on-screen keyboard (osk.exe)

Frederik Long, Nov 16, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

keyboard problem

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

keyboard problem

1. keyboard problem - Similar Threads - keyboard problem

2. problems with adding "macros" to keyboard on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    problems with adding "macros" to keyboard on windows 10: When I go to the "Microsoft mouse & Key board center, I get the message "No support device detected" so I can't proceed to add Macros. I have new Dell Inspiron computer and the key board and mouse that came in one package, both are connected by USB cable. Help!...
  3. Keyboard/Language Problem

Keyboard/Language Problem: The language settings in my laptop says," Sorry, we are having some trouble on our end. Retry?" I can't type in the cortona search or even the search bar at My Pc doesn't work. And I cant remove UK language pack from settings. Can anyone help me? I will attach a snap of the...
  4. keyboard repeat rate problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard repeat rate problem: i bye new chines keyboard for my patato pc the problem i have is when i try to typing its go too fast and keep repeating keys but my big problem is when i try to play game i get hard to control in my character i change the keyboard also i try many method...
  5. Keyboard Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Problem: My double quotation key(") doesn't work until I press it again. I may need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-problem/ec0afa56-fbba-4b76-aa7e-9cecbbbf89b0
  6. PC Keyboard problem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    PC Keyboard problem: When I press SFT " on my keyboard, I get @ on my documents and when I press SFT@ I get " on my documents, can anyone help with suggestions please about how to correct this anomaly, it seems my keyboard has chosen to reverse these two functions on its own accord!...
  7. Problem changing keyboard settings

Problem changing keyboard settings: Hello. I had recently changed the hotkeys for language changing in my keyboard settings and I found out that they dont suit me. However, Windows doesn´t let me make another change and a window pops up saying that I do not have the appropriate permission to change these...
  8. Language / Keyboard Layout Problem in Windows Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Support
    Language / Keyboard Layout Problem in Windows Recovery Environment: [Windows version: not sure, but it is the most up to date one] In Windows Recovery Enviroment, whilst trying to repair a bootloop problem I have, just before selecting Command Prompt, it asked me to select a language. As I picked up my mouse, I accidentally clicked on a...
  9. keyboard problem since update windows 10 vir 1903

keyboard problem since update windows 10 vir 1903: i am using asus rog gl 552vx after update windows 10 version 1903 i face issue on my laptop keyboard.some keys r working and some are not,please give a update on this problem. ihope other some people also in this trouble....
  10. Surface Pro 6 keyboard disappearing and brightness problems

Surface Pro 6 keyboard disappearing and brightness problems: Surface Pro 6 keyboard disappearing and brightness problems loads of people have already mentioned the keyboard so you know that. also when brightness is on lowest setting its constantly trying to adjust. really annoying with both these problems. Couldn't believe in someone...