Windows 10: Keyboard problem

Discus and support Keyboard problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I`m running Windows 10 on a desktop (64bit).For some reason some of the keyboard buttons are displaying the wrong item when holding down the shift... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Terrysutt, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Terrysutt Win User

Keyboard problem

I`m running Windows 10 on a desktop (64bit).For some reason some of the keyboard buttons are displaying the wrong
    item when holding down the shift button.E.G.the@button shows"and the"button shows@.There are other buttons
    doing exactly the same.Has anyone else experienced this?
    Regards.

:)

Terrysutt, Nov 6, 2015
  2. PD1UK Win User

Keyboard problems

The numbers across the top are 1!, 2@ (should be "), 3# (should be a pound sign. To find the @ on the keyboard, it's after the letters j, k, l, ;:, '@.

PD1UK, Nov 6, 2015
  3. Keyboard problem

I have your Wireless Keyboard No.1000. The Caps Lock, calculator key, and the enter key on the numbers pad, have all stopped working? Can you help?

Gene

EugeneEichenberger, Nov 6, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Keyboard problem

Yes, you have installed English US while your keyboard is English UK or vice versa. Similar symptoms if you have installed any different locale than your keyboard layout. To fix it, click on the search icon and type Language. Click on the link to open the Language Preferences. Click Add a language and make sure you select the appropriate language for your keyboard (for English UK, " should be above 2 and @ above '. For English US @ above 2 and " above '. For any other Google it). Then you can make the correct one default and remove the other.

spapakons, Nov 7, 2015
Thema:

Keyboard problem

1. Keyboard problem - Similar Threads - Keyboard problem

2. Windows update keyboard Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update keyboard Problems: I am running Windows 10 which was a free update from Windows 7 proon a HP Elite Book which did have some problems with the mouse moving on its own which i never got to grips with so i switched off the pad and used the touchscreenn After Windows 10 latest update i have lost...
  3. KEYBOARD PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KEYBOARD PROBLEM: HELLO, My name is meshach istifanus ever since i updated my Hp EliteBook 8460p from a windows7 to a windows10, i have been having problems with my keyboard,when i am typing, when i want to input symbols,it is not the symbols that are written on the keyboard that...
  4. Problem with mouse and keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with mouse and keyboard in Windows 10: Hello, I have a problem with my windows 10 for some days now. After some hours of using my computer, i get the same issue everytime: my keyboard does Not type any letters anymore; I am still able to use some commands like ctrl+alt+delete or alt+tab, but if i try to write any...
  5. Touch keyboard on Surface Book 2 and wsl2 problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch keyboard on Surface Book 2 and wsl2 problems: Several symbols, including the @, ~, € do not work while typing with the touch keyboard in wsl2. Has anyone else had this issue? So far it is confind tp wsl2....
  6. Keyboard function and escape keys problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard function and escape keys problem: Good day, my ESC, F1, F2, F3 and F4 keys are typing/doing numpad actions whenever I press them. Like when I press the "ESC" key, it keys in the number "1" from and whenever I press "F2" it keys in the number "2" and so on up until the F4 key. Is this a bug on Microsoft or...
  7. Keyboard Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Problem: Hello all! I recently sent in my laptop to have my screen replaced. When I get it back, I discovered something really strange. Whenever I press the "4" key on the row above the QWERTY keyboard, it acts like F5 and refreshes any page I'm on. This is super annoying...
  8. Some problems with a keyboard layout I can't get rid of

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some problems with a keyboard layout I can't get rid of: As linguistics is a hobby of mine, I recently decided to install the Keyman app to get an IPA keyboard layout. I installed it on my standard language (British English) and another keyboard appeared, using the US-INTL keyboard layout, which I can't get rid of using the normal...
  9. Problems with Updates and Keyboard

Problems with Updates and Keyboard: Hello, I got some problems with Windows 10 preinstalled on Asus Tuf Gaming. As you can see in the screenshot below it says that I'm missing important updates but when I click in check for updates I get absolutely nothing it keeps looking for them for a while but it gives...
  10. Dell Inspiron 17 3000 Setup - Keyboard problems

Dell Inspiron 17 3000 Setup - Keyboard problems: I am setting up a new Dell Inspiron 17 3000 Laptop Win 10 but the keyboard does not function with 'Enter your country and birthdate' during the Windows account setup process, nor does the Windows key function work. The region settings are UK. I am not interested in setting...