Windows 10: Keyboard problem

Discus and support Keyboard problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i have no idea whats wrong with my keyboard, when it type a symbol, another symbol would come up instead. When i typed '@' , ' " ' came out instead,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by likelynn, Jan 19, 2021.

1. likelynn Win User

Keyboard problem

i have no idea whats wrong with my keyboard, when it type a symbol, another symbol would come up instead. When i typed '@' , ' " ' came out instead, and that symbol also goes another way around, its like they switch places or something, can someone tell me what i can do to change it back to its normal place

:)

likelynn, Jan 19, 2021

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Keyboard letters problem

Here are the first two steps you need to take:

• Try a different keyboard (or an external USB keyboard in case of a laptop)
    • See if the problem persists with the on-screen keyboard (osk.exe)

Frederik Long, Jan 19, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Keyboard problem

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard problem

1. Keyboard problem - Similar Threads - Keyboard problem

2. Keyboard input problems after the latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard input problems after the latest update: I just updated today, and ended up with some problems that I've never had before: I can't change the input language I can't type anything in any UWP app (even native ones like settings) System specs: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 OS build 19042.844 Experience...
  3. Keyboard having problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard having problems: Hello, I have a problem with my keyboard where whenever i press control and shift at the same time, the "d" key stops working. I have the HyperX Alloy Origins Core TKL keyboard. Thank you!...
  4. Keyboard problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard problem: I have a Dell laptop from Japan. But the keyboard is not working properly, when I press the key with "=" on the keyboard it show "-" on the screen. Or when Shift + 2 on this keyboard should be ["] it show @ instead. Please help. Running Windows 10 1909...
  5. Two PCs, two Bluetooth keyboards, lots of problems

Two PCs, two Bluetooth keyboards, lots of problems: The usage of two PCs changed, and I wanted to swap the BT keyboards between them. After some attempts to get the keyboards to re-pair and reconnect to the right PCs tried again and again and wouldn't work, I am in the following situation. Computer #1 shows both keyboards...
  6. Keyboard Problem.

Keyboard Problem.: I log onto my hp laptop today and my keyboard isn't working. I go to device manager and my keyboard drivers give me a code 19 Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information is incomplete or damaged. What should I do? Drivers- HID Keyboard...
  7. problem with device's keyboard

problem with device's keyboard: hello, i wanted to find solutions to my problem. i have this weird thing going on with my laptop's keyboard. sometimes, it always press f1 by itself and repeatedly popping up windows help on microsoft edge, but after that my keyboard doesn't functioned as they were before,...
  8. Problem with TKL 915 - Don't think its a keyboard issue more windows but I am stuck pleas help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with TKL 915 - Don't think its a keyboard issue more windows but I am stuck pleas help: Hi All. Got a weird issue that i am trying to figure out but its cracking me and wondered if anyone else has had the same. I have a logitech TKL 915 keyboard that's from what I can tell fine except when plugged into my gaming PC. Basically I cannot type a forward slash...
  9. Keyboard problems with shift + a

Keyboard problems with shift + a: I cant use capitol a on my keyboard when using apps that don't come with my laptop, for example, on notepad its fine but on some apps such as chrome it doesn't work its not my keyboard that's broken as i use a wireless keyboard as well and the same problem occurs I've...
  10. Keyboard problem

Keyboard problem: Hello, Please I need help : When I type a letter like "E" the keyboard type "EC" to gather . The same thing with "M" the keyboard type "UM" . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-problem/d05c914c-c290-4935-ab51-178b68efda96