Windows 10: Keyboard Problem

Discus and support Keyboard Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got a HP laptop with Windows 10 installed. After a few months some of my keyboard keys remapped, my windows key pauses and starts a video, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Leoleonik, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Leoleonik Win User

Keyboard Problem

I got a HP laptop with Windows 10 installed. After a few months some of my keyboard keys remapped, my windows key pauses and starts a video, when I pressed the n key it typed both n and H the same happens when I pressed H and my b key typed b and G again same as the other way around. I connected a external keyboard and it was fine, same as the on screen keyboard. Can anyone help me solve this problem? Is this just a hardware problem and can it be solved?

:)

Leoleonik, Jun 13, 2021

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Keyboard letters problem

Here are the first two steps you need to take:

• Try a different keyboard (or an external USB keyboard in case of a laptop)
    • See if the problem persists with the on-screen keyboard (osk.exe)

Frederik Long, Jun 13, 2021
  4. RQT
    rqt Win User

Keyboard Problem

Keyboard Layout

"Letters and numbers are all correct, but most of the other signs are misplaced"

This suggests to me that you are using the wrong "keyboard language" for your keyboard, and that therefore you first step would be to determine exactly what language keyboard you have. Possibly have a look at Windows Keyboard Layouts - Globalization | Microsoft Docs.

(The age of any laptop capable of running Windows 10 at all should not be a problem as regards keyboard layout)

Thema:

Keyboard Problem

1. Keyboard Problem - Similar Threads - Keyboard Problem

2. Microsoft Ergonomic Natural 4000 keyboard problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Ergonomic Natural 4000 keyboard problem: I have been using this keyboard since 2008 and had no problems. I last used it on the 30th July 2021 and when I used it this morning some of the keys was not working. I was thinking that it might be a hardware problem and swopped it with my wives Microsoft Ergonomic Natural...
  3. Keyboard acts erratically, MS Account error, problem changing User acc

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard acts erratically, MS Account error, problem changing User acc: I am having several problems with my HP Elitebook 8460p notebook running Win 10 Pro 64-bit system. One problem is my keyboard acts erratically; sometimes it will stop entering letters that I type and at other times it will enter a different letter The On-Screen Keyboard works...
  4. Keyboard problems after Windows updates KB5003254 and 3634

Keyboard problems after Windows updates KB5003254 and 3634: Hello all,I´ve been experiencing troubles with my Acer Aspire laptop since the latest Win 10 updates KB5003254 and KB5003634. My keyboard starts normally but drops out after a few minutes. I have tried updating the driver, uninstalling keyboard, checked the task scheduler...
  5. Keyboard problems after Windows updates KB5003254 and 3634

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard problems after Windows updates KB5003254 and 3634: Hello all,I´ve been experiencing troubles with my Acer Aspire laptop since the latest Win 10 updates KB5003254 and KB5003634. My keyboard starts normally but drops out after a few minutes. I have tried updating the driver, uninstalling keyboard, checked the task scheduler...
  6. Keyboard preferences problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard preferences problem: So recently, I factory resetted my computer. And the problem I have been encountering with is even though I didn't choose english malaysia as my display language nor my keyboard preferences, it just appears in the tab and I can't seem to remove it in my settings. I need help...
  7. Wireless keyboard and mouse - persistant problems

Wireless keyboard and mouse - persistant problems: My problem with wireless keyboard & mouse is alike to the one described in this recent thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-keyboard-and-mouse-set-not-working/ec0ff343-cf15-4253-86ec-186afcc1f4ee but more akin to this 2015 threat...
  8. Network, sound and keyboard problems

Network, sound and keyboard problems: Hello, I'm having a serious problem with my pc and I hope you can help me.First, there is network and connection issue, I can't get my pc to connect with the internet, I can't share anything with bluetooth either, and the pc is not detecting usb.The second problem is the...
  9. Keyboard problem

Keyboard problem: Hello everyone, so basically I got myself a new keyboard a month ago and it worked normally. About 2 weeks ago, out of nowhere my keyboard began to act strange. By that I mean that the whole bottom row of my keyboard acts like it's pressed when it isn't. The keys are Ctrl,...
  10. Keyboard problem

Keyboard problem: Hello, I use HP Probook with windows 10 pro. After the update of 12th June 2021, the "N" key of my keyboard is not working. The on-screen keyboard is working though. I tried to uninstall the latest update. But, the problem isn't solved yet. Seeking your kind help....