Windows 10: Keyboard problem

Discus and support Keyboard problem in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello. How are you? I have problem.First of all its about laptop. I got it 1month ago but i used PC before for a long time. There is one game where's... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Kanda10, Mar 11, 2022.

1. Kanda10 Win User

Keyboard problem

Hello. How are you? I have problem.First of all its about laptop. I got it 1month ago but i used PC before for a long time. There is one game where's the key "f1" for some actions in the game. But heres the problem. At laptop f1 is the key for automatic sleep for laptop. I tried to change that button in the game but you can't. Also i tried to disable it in settings and it worked in the way that it doesn't put him to sleep anymore , but when i try to use f1 key in the game again it doesn't work...Can you help?Thanks in advance.

:)

Kanda10, Mar 11, 2022

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Mar 11, 2022
  3. Keyboard letters problem

Here are the first two steps you need to take:

• Try a different keyboard (or an external USB keyboard in case of a laptop)
    • See if the problem persists with the on-screen keyboard (osk.exe)

Frederik Long, Mar 11, 2022
  4. RQT
    rqt Win User

Keyboard problem

Keyboard Layout

"Letters and numbers are all correct, but most of the other signs are misplaced"

This suggests to me that you are using the wrong "keyboard language" for your keyboard, and that therefore you first step would be to determine exactly what language keyboard you have. Possibly have a look at Windows Keyboard Layouts - Globalization | Microsoft Docs.

(The age of any laptop capable of running Windows 10 at all should not be a problem as regards keyboard layout)

Thema:

Keyboard problem

1. Keyboard problem - Similar Threads - Keyboard problem

2. problems with my keys on keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with my keys on keyboard: There is a problem with my keys on my keyboard, maybe dirt accumulating there but i have tried cleaning it. my keys keep clicking a even thought i dont click it, also my fn, esc, caps lock, q and 1 key dont work or they type aj, k and l keys end with ai have tried restarting...
  3. problems with my keys on keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems with my keys on keyboard: There is a problem with my keys on my keyboard, maybe dirt accumulating there but i have tried cleaning it. my keys keep clicking a even thought i dont click it, also my fn, esc, caps lock, q and 1 key dont work or they type aj, k and l keys end with ai have tried restarting...
  4. Keyboard key problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard key problem: Hello everyone, I've had a problem for months if I press the ò or @ key the PC doesn't take the command, while if I keep them pressed I can write them this happens ONLY on that keyboard key. all the others work normally. I also changed the keyboard I bought yesterday on amZon...
  5. Keyboard key problem

Keyboard key problem: Hello everyone, I've had a problem for months if I press the ò or @ key the PC doesn't take the command, while if I keep them pressed I can write them this happens ONLY on that keyboard key. all the others work normally. I also changed the keyboard I bought yesterday on amZon...
  6. keyboard and windows update problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard and windows update problems: I have a few problems I am encountering with my laptop, specifically related to my unresponsive keyboard, and problems with bad Windows updates.I am facing difficulties with my laptop's keyboard, which has become unresponsive for many months now. This issue arose suddenly and...
  7. keyboard and windows update problems

keyboard and windows update problems: I have a few problems I am encountering with my laptop, specifically related to my unresponsive keyboard, and problems with bad Windows updates.I am facing difficulties with my laptop's keyboard, which has become unresponsive for many months now. This issue arose suddenly and...
  8. keyboard and windows update problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Audio and Keyboard Issues, and Windows Update Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio and Keyboard Issues, and Windows Update Problems: I have several persisting issues I am encountering with my laptop, specifically related to audio malfunctions, unresponsive keyboard, and problematic Windows updates. Firstly, I have recently encountered my audio functionality having an red X and it says audio service is not...
  10. Audio and Keyboard Issues, and Windows Update Problems

Audio and Keyboard Issues, and Windows Update Problems: I have several persisting issues I am encountering with my laptop, specifically related to audio malfunctions, unresponsive keyboard, and problematic Windows updates. Firstly, I have recently encountered my audio functionality having an red X and it says audio service is not...