Windows 10: Keyboard Problems after latest update

Discus and support Keyboard Problems after latest update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! The most recent Windows update on my laptop messed up my keyboard function and gave me a black screen but with the cursor after the login. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ProfGMI, Mar 17, 2020.

1. ProfGMI Win User

Keyboard Problems after latest update

Hello! The most recent Windows update on my laptop messed up my keyboard function and gave me a black screen but with the cursor after the login. I was able to get around that but my keyboard still isn't working correctly. I tried uninstalling the update, but after a restart it's still there. Any ideas?

:)

ProfGMI, Mar 17, 2020

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Backlight of keyboard not working after Windows 10's latest update

Hi Patel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Update
    the latest keyboard drivers from device manager and check if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the keyboard drivers and select
      “Update”.
    Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Keyboard Problems after latest update

Update after 9a.m. locked keyboard MS10 windows

Hi,

We would like to know more about the issue. Please provide the following information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far regarding with your mouse?
    • Have you tried to update or reinstall the latest driver for your keyboard? How about to unplug then plug the keyboard from the computer?
    Furthermore, we suggest for you to do these steps on how to turn off filter keys on Windows 10:

• Click Start and then Settings.
    • Go to Ease of access.
    • Select Keyboard in the left pane.
    • Turn off Filter Keys on the right pane.

We will look forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard Problems after latest update

1. Keyboard Problems after latest update - Similar Threads - Keyboard Problems latest

2. Wireless keyboard malfunction driver problem after latest win10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless keyboard malfunction driver problem after latest win10 update: Hello,On Win 10 after latest update my wireless small keyboard sbox, link https://sbox.biz/keyboards/bluetooth-keyboard-sbox-bt-05 is having malfunctions, meaning 99% of keys working as they should, but spacebar being weird first additional zero with every space, then insert...
  3. Wireless keyboard malfunction driver problem after latest win10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless keyboard malfunction driver problem after latest win10 update: Hello,On Win 10 after latest update my wireless small keyboard sbox, link https://sbox.biz/keyboards/bluetooth-keyboard-sbox-bt-05 is having malfunctions, meaning 99% of keys working as they should, but spacebar being weird first additional zero with every space, then insert...
  4. Wireless keyboard malfunction driver problem after latest win10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard input problems after the latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard input problems after the latest update: I just updated today, and ended up with some problems that I've never had before: I can't change the input language I can't type anything in any UWP app (even native ones like settings) System specs: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 OS build 19042.844 Experience...
  6. Problem After Latest Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem After Latest Update: After the latest Windows 10 update, I cannot now open/load LDPlayer Android emulator. I've tried other Android emulators and they all fail. Windows restarts after showing a WHEA stopcode. Can you help or is the problem known and being fixed? Thanks...
  7. Printer Problems after Latest Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Problems after Latest Update: On 1/13/2021, I got a message that I needed to restart my computer after updates KB4535680 & KB4598229 were automatically downloaded. Today I tried to print something & discovered that the Canon printer was no longer listed & the HP Envy printer stopped printing in color....
  8. Problem after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem after latest update: Hello, I get a weird problem after the latest update: the taskbar keeps flashing and the desktop icons never load. I can't open the start menu or do anything other than Ctrl-Alt-Del. I tried using a recovery point, uninstalling qualtiy updates feature updates can't be...
  9. Problems after latest updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems after latest updates: After updating to the newest version of Windows, the pop up screens are transparent rather than being greyed out. This happens with the screen that displays the apps and power options when the windows icon is clicked to display my apps, or to select setting, power, etc. It is...
  10. Problems after the latest Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems after the latest Update: I've been having a bunch of problems happening since the last Update: Starting with stutters when playing or just using an app like chrome, watching videos etc. the entire pc in random moments for like 3 seconds, everything looks like i have 3Fps, what makes it very...