Windows 10: keyboard problems (Please help!)

Discus and support keyboard problems (Please help!) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my keyboard if I press backspace, delete, or arrows, it highlights the text and I can not click out of it. did I hit a command or something? I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BoomerMcGath, Nov 28, 2018.

1. keyboard problems (Please help!)

On my keyboard if I press backspace, delete, or arrows, it highlights the text and I can not click out of it. did I hit a command or something? I need help as soon as possible I need to plane a trip for someone by tomorrow!

:)

BoomerMcGath, Nov 28, 2018

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Keyboard problems . Help please

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to follow below methods:

Check with different keyboard and mouse. And if that works.

Let’s troubleshoot the issue by referring to these methods and check the issue status:

Method 1:

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Type “troubleshooting” in the search bar.
    • Select “Troubleshooting”.
    • Select “View all” on the top left corner.
    • Click “Hardware & Devices”.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Visit manufacturer's website and install updates for drivers.

Let’s try updating the driver for the mouse and keyboard and verify the results. Follow the steps:

a) Press Windows and X key together and select
    Device Manager.

b) Locate the Key board device icon. Right click on the driver icon.

c) Select Update driver software.

c) Select "browse my computer for a driver software".

d) Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

e) Select the driver option according your device model and installed.

f) If this does not work, follow the steps from ‘a’ to ‘c’ and select “Search automatically for the updated driver”.

g) Choose the same steps to update the driver for keyboard as well.

Check if it resolves the issue. If not, I would suggest you to download and install the latest available drivers for the keyboard from manufacturer website of the laptop. If the issue still persists, install the driver in Windows

Compatibility mode and check if that helps.

Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Nov 28, 2018
  4. keyboard problems (Please help!)

I"m having a problem with the keyboard in Windows 10

Hi Robert,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

keyboard problems (Please help!)

1. keyboard problems (Please help!) - Similar Threads - keyboard problems Please

2. BSOD PROBLEMS, Please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD PROBLEMS, Please help: I've been having BSOD crashes lately and I've been trying to search for the causes and fixes. I used Memtest86 and came out with no issues, I also used OCCT and came out with no issues with my GPU. I've had BSOD with 3 different stop codes: KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION,...
  3. Keyboard Input Issues, Please Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard Input Issues, Please Help!: so im havin some issues, my keyboard will work fine whenever i start up my pc, but then when i start up pokerstars after a few minutes its stops inputting the letters n shit that i press and instead starts doing this wacky shit. i just bought a new keyboard hoping itd fix it...
  4. microphone problems please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone problems please help: Recently out of nowhere, I lost connection to all my microphones steel series arctis 7, hyper x quad cast all are USB microphones. Still, for some reason, the only microphone working is my webcam microphone. When they just stopped working, they are just silent. The weird...
  5. Having a problem with keyboards not working. PLEASE HELP!

Having a problem with keyboards not working. PLEASE HELP!: My keyboard isn’t working. I just got a new keyboard (dierya dk63) about an hour before writing this, when I plugged it in everything just stopped working. The space bar sometimes works, all the rgb lighting work. That’s all i know what’s going on. submitted by /u/Oren5571...
  6. mouse/keyboard not working.. PLEASE HELP.

mouse/keyboard not working.. PLEASE HELP.: I was getting a pop-up that said not enough power supplied to USB port..I only had mouse and keyboard in USB ports. Usually restarting or unplugging and plugging back in was fixing the problem. Kept happening and recently just re installed drivers for keyboard and was good...
  7. Keyboard Keeps Changing - Please Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Keeps Changing - Please Help: For five days now my keyboard keeps on changing to some weird configuration. apostrophes are transposed, closing parentheses have a slash - eg /) question marks have a plus - eg +? and it ' s doing my head in! I solved it with windows button plus space bar to flip back to...
  8. Keyboard won't! Please help!!

Keyboard won't! Please help!!: I deleted the UpperFilters in one folder, and now my keyboard dosen't work!! My mouse still works and i can have desktop keyboard on my pc. Can someone please help me??! Windows 10 Dell...
  9. Please help with this problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help with this problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/something-went-wrong-while-trying-to-turn-on/e3574c71-b368-4a44-930c-b079e48ea90b?tm=1533049618684...
  10. Keyboard Error. Please Help

Keyboard Error. Please Help: Hi Guys, I am having trouble with the keyboard. When I try to Shift + 2 (At sign), it comes out as a double quote, like this: ". When I try to do Shift + 3 (Hashtag), it comes out as a pound sign: £. Also, when I try to do a double quote, or a single quote, it changes the...