Windows 10: Keyboard problems with shift + a

Discus and support Keyboard problems with shift + a in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cant use capitol a on my keyboard when using apps that don't come with my laptop, for example, on notepad its fine but on some apps such as chrome it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SukhrajSingh4, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Keyboard problems with shift + a

I cant use capitol a on my keyboard when using apps that don't come with my laptop, for example, on notepad its fine but on some apps such as chrome it doesn't work

its not my keyboard that's broken as i use a wireless keyboard as well and the same problem occurs

I've found out this is only for the letter a

:)

SukhrajSingh4, Jan 27, 2021
  2. LTUGamer Win User

Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Jan 27, 2021
  3. saki630 Win User
    Keyboard Left Shift Problem

I have an old 2006 Saitek Eclipse that is giving me problems.

My current problem has persisted for the past 2 weeks where randomly the left shift key will raise my volume when pressed.

Recently i bought a Razer Naga and I am wondering if this is interfering.

I bought a G110 and it works just fine so I am just wondering what is up with my left shift key.

As of writing this post, my left shift key works, but I will guarantee that after opening some applications and playing music my keyboard will bite me again.

saki630, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Keyboard problems with shift + a

Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard problems with shift + a

1. Keyboard problems with shift + a - Similar Threads - Keyboard problems shift

2. shift problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shift problem: So, I've been having this problem whenever I press the shift key on my bored it either prints out a [ or a \ instead of capitalizing a letter depending on what side i press and i have to do it agan if i want to keep capitalizing a letter and i cant use certain keys. How do i...
  3. shift problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shift problem: So, I've been having this problem whenever I press the shift key on my bored it either prints out a [ or a \ instead of capitalizing a letter depending on what side i press and i have to do it agan if i want to keep capitalizing a letter and i cant use certain keys. How do i...
  4. shift problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. keyboard shift key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard shift key not working: Both of my shift key is not working. Im using Windows 10. Need to use it please help.Thanks,Deoti S https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-shift-key-not-working/24f02f6a-8980-4fbd-84e1-503efc345dbe
  6. keyboard shift key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard shift key not working: Both of my shift key is not working. Im using Windows 10. Need to use it please help.Thanks,Deoti S https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-shift-key-not-working/24f02f6a-8980-4fbd-84e1-503efc345dbe
  7. keyboard shift key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. keyboard problem with shift key

keyboard problem with shift key: when ever I press left shift I get the a bracket like this instead of just helping with writing capital letters and when I press right shift the whole written text gets deleted , please help me out I have been trying to find a solution on the net but couldn't find one , I...
  9. Keyboard shift key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shift key: I have a problem. I originally installed Black Desert Online and afterwards I was unable to use my shift key with the numbers 1-4 and 7-0. It worked with all other keys except for these and thats a problem since I need the at symbol. I uninstalled the game and found out I...
  10. SHIFT keyboard Not Working

SHIFT keyboard Not Working: Hy, I tried everything on Internet to Fix my SHIFT keyboard. i don't know why this issue. can anyone give me correct step https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shift-keyboard-not-working/43f44306-ee62-4d2f-b157-81b30230a260