Windows 10: keyboard query

Discus and support keyboard query in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; the symbols on letters 2 and 3 have changed ? they have always been apostrhey and the GBP sign . It now shows as @ and # instead . any ideas ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tim-mar, Feb 6, 2019.

1. tim-mar Win User

keyboard query

the symbols on letters 2 and 3 have changed ? they have always been apostrhey and the GBP sign .

It now shows as @ and # instead .

any ideas ?

:)

tim-mar, Feb 6, 2019

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Mark Ole Win User

keyboard query

keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

keyboard query

1. keyboard query - Similar Threads - keyboard query

2. Sidewinder X4 keyboard profiles not switching automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sidewinder X4 keyboard profiles not switching automatically: I've set up a profile with macro's for a game. The profile doesn't automatically switch when I launch the game, unless I launch Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre first. I can exit Mouse and Keyboard Centre before launching and it will switch profiles fine. Current solution...
  3. Sidewinder X4 keyboard profiles not switching automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sidewinder X4 keyboard profiles not switching automatically: I've set up a profile with macro's for a game. The profile doesn't automatically switch when I launch the game, unless I launch Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre first. I can exit Mouse and Keyboard Centre before launching and it will switch profiles fine. Current solution...
  4. Sidewinder X4 keyboard profiles not switching automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. additional unwanted keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    additional unwanted keyboard layouts: i have keyboard layouts, that i've never added to my system. To get rid of them i've changed my system language to german, deleted all other languages in setting except german, but still there're two english layouts left en-US & en-UK. how can i delete them? i don't need to...
  6. Swiftkey keyboard sync query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Swiftkey keyboard sync query: Swiftkey keyboard will not sync entries from old phone to new phone S21 and Google Pixel 8 Pro. Sync active on both phones and linked via my hotmail address log in on windows. Please do a call back. Thanks...
  7. Swiftkey keyboard sync query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Swiftkey keyboard sync query: Swiftkey keyboard will not sync entries from old phone to new phone S21 and Google Pixel 8 Pro. Sync active on both phones and linked via my hotmail address log in on windows. Please do a call back. Thanks...
  8. 'Show Desktop Icons' - keyboard shortcut query

in Windows 10 Customization
    'Show Desktop Icons' - keyboard shortcut query: I know that we can hide our desktop icons from the right-click view menu.My question is whether there is a keyboard shortcut, or a way to create one, to do this?An internet search suggests it isn't possible unless you download third-party apps but I wanted to check on this...
  9. Query related to keeping context menu on top of On-screen keyboard

Query related to keeping context menu on top of On-screen keyboard: HOW can i have the windows 10 right click menu in front on screen keyboard not behind it ***Link removed by Moderator*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query-related-to-keeping-context-menu-on-top-of-on/7cd5705a-ee62-4688-905d-7e462b8217d2
  10. Query about on-screen keyboard

Query about on-screen keyboard: I’d like to know if I can customize on-screen keyboard and add keys I prefer. Thank you for your reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query-about-on-screen-keyboard/e2a5e570-1d67-4b89-b89d-118a51b7a19f