Windows 10: Keyboard QWERUIOP not working on laptop keyboard - Hangs all keyboard keys

Discus and support Keyboard QWERUIOP not working on laptop keyboard - Hangs all keyboard keys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Computer: Lenovo Edge 2 OS: Windows 10 Home, Up to date as of 8/6/2020 Keyboard Drive: Up to date Issue: The letters QWERUIOP are not working on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mrjagdad, Aug 10, 2020.

1. mrjagdad Win User

Keyboard QWERUIOP not working on laptop keyboard - Hangs all keyboard keys

Computer: Lenovo Edge 2

Keyboard Drive: Up to date

Issue: The letters QWERUIOP are not working on my latptop keyboard once I login.

When I get to the login screen, I can use type any characters and they all work.

Once I login I can type any characters except, QWERUIOP, and they all work.

If I type any of the characters QWERUIOP the keyboard stops working.

My USB keyboard always works, my onscreen keyboard always works.

If I logout, ctrl-alt-delete, Sign Out, then bring up the login screen again all the characters work.

When I login all characters work except for, QWERUIOP. Once I type one of those keys my keyboard freezes.

This includes the Fn->Space Bar combo to lower or raise the intensity of my backlit keyboard.

I have rebooted multiple types. I have shut the computer down and started it multiple times, same thing.

When I go into Device Manager -> Keyboard I see the following drivers

HID Keyboard Device

Lenovo Keyboard Device

I have uninstalled both and reinstalled them, no change in issue.

If anyone has any ideas, would appreciate help.

Thank you,

:)

mrjagdad, Aug 10, 2020

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Ticked Win User
    laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Sandoval Win User

Keyboard not working

I have hp envy laptop with touchscreen. I never used the touchscreen keyboard until i had problems with keyboard on the laptop couple hours ago. Some of the Keys werent working at all, some would type numbers or incorrect letters or type commas after each letter. I tried adding and changing languages, and restoring system. Now, the laptop keyboard including function keys and the mouse doesnt work at all. When i go into control panel under keyboard- typing the only option listed is for touchscreen. Not sure if i somehow manged to disengage the main keyboard and mouse. Please help!

Sandoval, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Keyboard QWERUIOP not working on laptop keyboard - Hangs all keyboard keys - Similar Threads - Keyboard QWERUIOP working

2. my qweruiop keys don't work on my Bluetooth keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my qweruiop keys don't work on my Bluetooth keyboard: i opened it up there was nothing wrong i reset my pc still there was this tape thing I took it out all buttons stopped working I put it back in. They all work but qweruiop still doesn't work...
  3. my qweruiop keys don't work on my Bluetooth keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my qweruiop keys don't work on my Bluetooth keyboard: i opened it up there was nothing wrong i reset my pc still there was this tape thing I took it out all buttons stopped working I put it back in. They all work but qweruiop still doesn't work...
  4. Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with external keyboard

Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with external keyboard: Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with the external keyboard.My sticky keys are turned on but still not workingi use Dell XPS 13, intel i7....
  5. Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with external keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with external keyboard: Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with the external keyboard.My sticky keys are turned on but still not workingi use Dell XPS 13, intel i7....
  6. Keyboard keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keys not working: The backspace key is not working and the 't' and 'y' key delete all that i type disappears same thing happens with the shift key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-not-working/40ef3e05-c9b2-4e3a-8a36-b7bf61dcccaf
  7. Keyboard keys not working

Keyboard keys not working: The backspace key is not working and the 't' and 'y' key delete all that i type disappears same thing happens with the shift key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-not-working/40ef3e05-c9b2-4e3a-8a36-b7bf61dcccaf
  8. Keyboard keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Laptop keyboard not working at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard not working at all: So I just booted up my laptop, and I couldn't sign in because the keyboard wasn't working. I managed to get the on screen keyboard up through ease of access to log in. So now I am stuck with using the on screen keyboard to type this. Going into control panel > hardware and...
  10. Comma Key on All Keyboards not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Comma Key on All Keyboards not Working: Hello guys, so my comma key doesn’t work on any of my keyboards on my main PC. I tried both on my laptop and they both work there. I’m not sure when the comma key stopped working but it’s been a few months for sure. The ‘Less-Than’ key doesn’t work either. However, they both...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. qwer uiop ram fault