Windows 10: Keyboard randomly acts as if a key that I only tapped for a second is being held down until...

Discus and support Keyboard randomly acts as if a key that I only tapped for a second is being held down until... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; NOT HARDWARE******Razer Blackwidow V3randomly while using the keyboard, any key I press will act as if it is being pressed continuously, and once I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmanDhami, May 16, 2021.

1. AmanDhami Win User

Keyboard randomly acts as if a key that I only tapped for a second is being held down until...

NOT HARDWARE******Razer Blackwidow V3randomly while using the keyboard, any key I press will act as if it is being pressed continuously, and once I press that key again it will stop. For example, I will be playing a game and I will tap "S" for 1 second to move backward briefly but it will continuously move me backward, and if I'm pressing "D" to move right I will then begin to move back-right, so south-east, once I tap the "D" key again it returns to normal. There is no physical damage to the keyboard, and it happens to multiple keys. It's so random it's impossible to track. this began about a

:)

AmanDhami, May 16, 2021

2. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, May 16, 2021
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Switch layout via screen keyboard in one tap

Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using?
    • Which is the default keyboard language you use?

You can follow these steps to switch between the keyboard layouts:

1. Tap on the Windows key on your keyboard, search for control panel.
    2. Tap on Languages > on the left pane, select Advance settings.
    3. Tap on ‘Change language bar hot keys’ under switching input methods.
    4. Go to the second tap: Advance key settings.
    5. Select the language To English > click on Change key sequence.
    6. Check the box: Enable key sequence.
    7. Select the shortcut keys you would like to use under the drop down menu along with the key and click on Ok.
    8. Click on apply and Ok.
    9. Restart the PC and try the shortcut keys now.

This should change the keyboard layout language with the shortcut keys we have setup.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, May 16, 2021
  4. Unocal Win User

Keyboard randomly acts as if a key that I only tapped for a second is being held down until...

CTRL key acts as if it's stuck?

Hey!

I'm running Windows 10, and for a few weeks now, it has been acting as if the CTRL key is jammed. I replaced my keyboard with multiple others, and the problem persisted. I read a few forums, and one suggested to press both CTRL keys at the same time,
    which only worked once. Then, another said to open the virtual keyboard. This showed clearly that the keys were indeed held down, but I couldn't deactivate them from there, so it really didn't help. Are there any fixes to this?

Unocal, May 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Keyboard randomly acts as if a key that I only tapped for a second is being held down until... - Similar Threads - Keyboard randomly acts

2. F1 key acts like its being held down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    F1 key acts like its being held down: My F1 key acts like its being held down. I checked my F1 key no debris or dust its a fairly new laptop I got it 2 months ago. This just started happening where my F1 key acts like its being held down even though physically its not. This has happened before with the CTRL key...
  3. F1 key acts like its being held down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F1 key acts like its being held down: My F1 key acts like its being held down. I checked my F1 key no debris or dust its a fairly new laptop I got it 2 months ago. This just started happening where my F1 key acts like its being held down even though physically its not. This has happened before with the CTRL key...
  4. Laptop acting like ctrl key being held down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop acting like ctrl key being held down: My laptop is acting like the ctrl key is constantly being pressed down. I tried many solutions I could find online like troubleshooting keyboard, checking for updates, uninstalling the update that it stopped working after, pressing a series of keys. Nothing has worked. I...
  5. Laptop acting like ctrl key being held down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop acting like ctrl key being held down: My laptop is acting like the ctrl key is constantly being pressed down. I tried many solutions I could find online like troubleshooting keyboard, checking for updates, uninstalling the update that it stopped working after, pressing a series of keys. Nothing has worked. I...
  6. My keyboard is acting weird when keys are held down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard is acting weird when keys are held down: Whenever I hold down any key for longer than around a second it starts doing its actions way too fast, for example when I hold backspace for 2 seconds it deletes half of my paragraph or whenever I press "a","b" or any other letter or symbol it starts writing like 50 of them...
  7. Random event, system acts as if down arrow key is being held down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random event, system acts as if down arrow key is being held down: I have windows 10, have had windows 10 since release. This is a newer issue that started happening this year. I have swapped out keyboards, i have a new mouse, I do use an xbox one controller for gaming but always have. And for the last ehh.. year ish this has befuddled me....
  8. Keys being held down not physically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keys being held down not physically: This problem started last week, around when I got a new corded keyboard for my laptop. When I hold down a key, then let go, the computer continues to act like the key is pressed, until I press it again. it is not pressed physically It doesn't happen every time but it does...
  9. Arrow key being held down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Arrow key being held down?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mordred0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hsrrvl/arrow_key_being_held_down/
  10. Windows 10 thinks a key is being held down, even with the keyboard held down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 thinks a key is being held down, even with the keyboard held down: Windows (1903) now thinks that a key is being held down, even when there's no keyboard connected. At first it was the "k" key, and now the "s" key. This has rendered this PC pretty much unusable, and reformatting isn't an option as this is my gaming PC with a crap ton of...