Windows 10: Keyboard randomly sticks keys

Discus and support Keyboard randomly sticks keys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an ASUS laptop. The keyboard works fine and the keys aren't actually sticking but on occasion, particularly the 4 key and the alt key would act... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JasonFraser1, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Keyboard randomly sticks keys

I have an ASUS laptop. The keyboard works fine and the keys aren't actually sticking but on occasion, particularly the 4 key and the alt key would act like they are held down. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard driver, I've plugged in an external keyboard and it does the same thing. I have even gone as far as to reset everything to factory defaults and the problem still arises. Does anyone know how to resolve this? I've searched multiple sites and can't get a clear answer other than to reinstall the keyboard driver which I've already done.

:)

JasonFraser1, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Keyboard keys stick in games

Are you sure sticky keys is off? It's an annoying feature they started adding in XP to help with keys sticking.
    Also is your keyboard physically clean? If the button is jammed that would cause the same problem. Also another problem is the rubber/silicon contact could be stuck to the PCB

OzzmanFloyd120, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Keyboard randomly sticks keys

Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard randomly sticks keys

1. Keyboard randomly sticks keys - Similar Threads - Keyboard randomly sticks

2. Keyboard spamming keys randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard spamming keys randomly: My keyboard randomly spams keys at completely random times, and sometimes restarting my PC doesn't work till it just wears off. After a little digging, I found that I had the same problem as the person in this post;Keyboard spamming keys - Microsoft CommunityReinstalling...
  3. My keyboard keys stick not physically, it will repeat a key inputs.

My keyboard keys stick not physically, it will repeat a key inputs.: Hey,Im not sure when it started but ive been dealing with this issue for months.When im typing normally or playing games, my keys tend to repeat inputs from what i can tell, its any key but i mainly notice it be the space part and letter keys. Sometimes it only seldomly does...
  4. My keyboard keys stick not physically, it will repeat a key inputs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard keys stick not physically, it will repeat a key inputs.: Hey,Im not sure when it started but ive been dealing with this issue for months.When im typing normally or playing games, my keys tend to repeat inputs from what i can tell, its any key but i mainly notice it be the space part and letter keys. Sometimes it only seldomly does...
  5. Keyboard entering random keys

Keyboard entering random keys: Whenever I hit the number 1 or it won't let me click U on my key board it enters some random keys. Please help.1 Example: uioplkjhg;'/.[]=-0987654321Note: It's a razor keyboard...
  6. Keyboard randomly repeats keys

Keyboard randomly repeats keys: Good morning,At random when I am typing my keyboard will randomly repeat letters that I am typing. It happens without any reason in any program and is not consistently the same key. A few pieces of information:1. The laptop is a new refurb from Dell. 2. I had a Logitech K270...
  7. Keyboard randomly repeats keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard randomly repeats keys: Good morning,At random when I am typing my keyboard will randomly repeat letters that I am typing. It happens without any reason in any program and is not consistently the same key. A few pieces of information:1. The laptop is a new refurb from Dell. 2. I had a Logitech K270...
  8. Keyboard keys sticking or struck in Windows 10

Keyboard keys sticking or struck in Windows 10: Hi, Multiple computersWindows 10 in our organization running with keyboard issues. Keys are sticking for few seconds and comes up suddenly on screen, inconsistent keyboard typing in multiple PCs. So far done few troubleshooting and nothing seems working. 1. we have...
  9. Keyboard keys repeating randomly

Keyboard keys repeating randomly: Hi I purchased a Microsoft sculpt comfort keyboard and randomly some keys will repeat continuously until I break the blue tooth connection which seems to be the only way to break the repeat cycle, it's easy to fix when it's just typing letters but when the delete key sticks...
  10. keyboard switching keys randomly?

keyboard switching keys randomly?: so i have recently run into a quite annoying keyboard mess-up, my keys have been switched around while i was playing a game on steam. for context here are the keys that are messed up. t is now g, y is now h, [ is now ', ] shows the volume, left shift does not capitalize,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard keys sticking randomly