Windows 10: Keyboard registered but not working after re-plugging

Discus and support Keyboard registered but not working after re-plugging in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi dear Windows10 community! I like to switch my keyboards from time to time and I just noticed that as soon as i unplug any USB keyboard and plug it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JerichoFan14, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Keyboard registered but not working after re-plugging

Hi dear Windows10 community!

I like to switch my keyboards from time to time and I just noticed that as soon as i unplug any USB keyboard and plug it back in, it will no longer work until the PC has been restarted.

This is the case with my CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S and my Corsair K95 RGB Platinum.
    The device gets powered (RGB lights are on) and is visible in the device manager but no key input is registered.

It is weird that the mulimedia commands (play / pause music) do get registered however.

Reinstalling the keyboard drivers and turning of Windows 10 Fast Boot did not work.

I would appreciate if anybody had an idea how to fix this problem as I have put in so much time without any positive results.
    Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/JerichoFan14
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JerichoFan14, Jan 13, 2021

2. HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 13, 2021
  3. JUL
    jul Win User
    win10 no longer allows plug n play keyboards to work

plug and play..... so all keybds plug into usb ports.....it acts like someone clicked a setting to disallow keyboards. onn keybd , logitech ones, none work, not even the one that worked right befor the reboot. saw old posts for older systems suggesting deleting c windows inf file but win10 doesnt have the same file name. i may have to just reformat

4. Keyboard registered but not working after re-plugging

USB keyboard disconnects when holding any button down

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• The USB connection may be loose. Try unplugging the keyboard, and then plugging it back in.
    • Plug the keyboard into a different USB port.
    • If your keyboard is plugged into a USB hub or USB switch box, try removing it and plugging the keyboard into the computer.
    • Unplug other USB devices that are not in use.
    • Try the keyboard on another computer to verify it is working correctly

Method 2: Also I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the usb keyboard drivers as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and go to device manager.
    • Then expand keyboards and right click on the driver.
    • Then click on uninstall and restart the computer.
    • It will be reinstalled automatically and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard registered but not working after re-plugging

1. Keyboard registered but not working after re-plugging - Similar Threads - Keyboard registered working

2. Keyboard needs to be re plugged when turning on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard needs to be re plugged when turning on: I have a mechanical keyboard and it needs to be re-plugged everytime i turn my laptop off. It is a recent problem as I have been with my keyboard for at least a year. Also, W + A, and Alt + W, keys are now ghosting. I cleaned my keyboard and changed W and A switches and I...
  3. Keyboard needs to be re plugged when turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard needs to be re plugged when turning on: I have a mechanical keyboard and it needs to be re-plugged everytime i turn my laptop off. It is a recent problem as I have been with my keyboard for at least a year. Also, W + A, and Alt + W, keys are now ghosting. I cleaned my keyboard and changed W and A switches and I...
  4. Keyboard needs to be re plugged when turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Keyboard needs to be re plugged when turning on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Mic Wont Work after re plugging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Wont Work after re plugging in: Today i was testing a game i made then i accidentally pulled my mic off, when i plugged it back in the mic's volume is really lowi tried going to control panel and making the volume higher still nothing...
  7. Mic Wont Work after re plugging in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic Wont Work after re plugging in: Today i was testing a game i made then i accidentally pulled my mic off, when i plugged it back in the mic's volume is really lowi tried going to control panel and making the volume higher still nothing...
  8. Mic Wont Work after re plugging in

9. keyboard not working after re-install

keyboard not working after re-install: I have just had a new hard drive installed on my laptop, re-installed Win 10, keyboard and touch pad are not working have checked under devise manager which said it was working properly. but it isnt!!!! PLEASE Help !...
  10. USB microphone won't register unless unplugged and re-plugged in after sleeping computer or...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB microphone won't register unless unplugged and re-plugged in after sleeping computer or...: Using a Samson Q2U. This issue is beyond annoying. submitted by /u/BioSkiBum [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eowk12/usb_microphone_wont_register_unless_unplugged_and/