Windows 10: Keyboard Registry Issue - "SynTP" added to "UpperFilters" on Restart

Discus and support Keyboard Registry Issue - "SynTP" added to "UpperFilters" on Restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Keyboard Registry Issue - "SynTP" is being added to "UpperFilters" on Restart in:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anton_Neschadim, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Keyboard Registry Issue - "SynTP" added to "UpperFilters" on Restart

Keyboard Registry Issue - "SynTP" is being added to "UpperFilters" on Restart in:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96b-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

"SynTP" has to be manually removed to ensure keyboard is working, otherwise windows fails to install the keyboard driver and the keyboard is not working after restart.

Machine: Lenovo X1 Carbon 7th Gen 20R1 Model

Symptom: Keyboard is not installed: Code 19 driver error

This is a migrated Windows installation, so it could be caused by an older Lenovo or Synaptics driver that I failed to remove; but I am having a hard time troubleshooting this.

:)

Anton_Neschadim, Sep 18, 2020

2. Windows keeps adding languages to my keyboard.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties that you are facing with the PC as the keyboard language keeps adding. We appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detail information.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if that helps.

Method 1: Registry change.

1. Press Windows + R key to launch the
      Run command.
    2. Type regedit and click on
      Ok.

3. Navigate to this location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\Preload
    4. Now from right pane remove/delete the entries with data value
      00000409, 00000809 & 00000407
    5. Close the registry, restart the PC and check.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify
    the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry.

Method 2: New user account

Check in new user account. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account and check if you are facing the same issue with the keyboard language.

Let us know how it goes,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 18, 2020
  3. oily_17 Win User
    my dvd writer won't read any disc HELP ME!!

Try this Fix here -

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems

Or you could try removing the Upper and Lower filters from the registry - MAKE SURE AND BACKUP THE REGISTRY BEFORE MAKING CHANGES -

1. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit in the Programs list.

2. Locate, and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Caution: There can be many instances of the registry subkey that is mentioned in step 2. You must make sure that you are in the appropriate registry subkey before modifying the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values. To verify that you are in the appropriate registry subkey, make sure that the Default data value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM.

3. In the right pane, if you have UpperFilters, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.

4. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.

5. In the right pane, if you have LowerFilters, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.

6. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.

7. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

oily_17, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Keyboard Registry Issue - "SynTP" added to "UpperFilters" on Restart

Windows keep adding Keyboard by itself & Windows Display Language

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can try removing the language packs from registry and check if that helps.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly.
    Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry.

To remove the language pack from registry follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    2. Type regedit and click on OK.
    3. Navigate to the location HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\Preload
    4. On the right side of the window, delete the registry values that has
      0409 and 0809.
    5. Restart the computer.

To make English (Ireland) as your Display language follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open Settings.
    2. Click on Time & Language.
    3. Click on Region & Language.
    4. Under Windows display language click on the drop down menu and select
      English (Ireland).
    5. Restart your computer.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard Registry Issue - "SynTP" added to "UpperFilters" on Restart

1. Keyboard Registry Issue - "SynTP" added to "UpperFilters" on Restart - Similar Threads - Keyboard Registry Issue

2. REGISTRY ISSUE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REGISTRY ISSUE: I recently made changes to my registry specifically I changed which drive downloads are saved , upon doing that I lost all my admin rights to the pc I'm unable to run most the windows apps including the registry ,I cant even reset it any help please...
  3. REGISTRY ISSUE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REGISTRY ISSUE: I recently made changes to my registry specifically I changed which drive downloads are saved , upon doing that I lost all my admin rights to the pc I'm unable to run most the windows apps including the registry ,I cant even reset it any help please...
  4. Does adding the following key to the registry by mistake cause any issues?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does adding the following key to the registry by mistake cause any issues?: I was trying to restore the full right context menu in Windows 11 with the following command I observed on a website article.reg add HKCU\Software\Classes\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}\InprocServer32 /ve /d "" /fThe command did not work and I saw another website that...
  5. Does adding the following key to the registry by mistake cause any issues?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does adding the following key to the registry by mistake cause any issues?: I was trying to restore the full right context menu in Windows 11 with the following command I observed on a website article.reg add HKCU\Software\Classes\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}\InprocServer32 /ve /d "" /fThe command did not work and I saw another website that...
  6. windows 10 upperfilter keys for biometrics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 upperfilter keys for biometrics: Hi guys in need the value data for upperfilter biometrics because my fingerprint stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upperfilter-keys-for-biometrics/f2060f60-4aaf-4028-89bc-779a5b0f5539
  7. Registry issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Registry issue: So i have a nvme ssd, and i originally had a hard drive in my pc that i used so all of my info was there. i was stupid and copied everything from the hard drive to the ssd and when i tried running off just the ssd for a week or two, when i went to update some programs i kept...
  8. Adding 2 values to the registry?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding 2 values to the registry?: Hi, Is it possible to use a multi string value in "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion" for the program files folder? For example: ProgramFilesDir: C:\Program Files D:\Program Files...
  9. Registry Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry Issues: I have found a registry issue hkey_local_machine local\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\app paths\machinfo.exe when scanned through systimizer. It still occurs after fixing through systimizer when scan again. What should I Do? Is it a threat?...
  10. Keyboard issues and restart issues with Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard issues and restart issues with Windows 10 update: To it may concern I'm having keyboard issues after the Windows 10 update and restart issues , the only keys that work is fast forward, play, rewind, mute, sleep mode, increase volume and decrease volume. However I unplugged the keyboard and tried different slots nothing...