Windows 10: Keyboard remapped in Windows 10

Discus and support Keyboard remapped in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After mopping up spill on keyboard, I pressed a bunch of keys. Now several keys give multiple letters. T is now t4r, for example. Any idea how to fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidLyon1, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Keyboard remapped in Windows 10

After mopping up spill on keyboard, I pressed a bunch of keys. Now several keys give multiple letters. T is now t4r, for example. Any idea how to fix? Using Windows 10, 64 bit.

:)

DavidLyon1, Jun 10, 2021

2. Keyboard Remap and Macro

(Windows 10 Pro)
    I need a recommendation for software that will ...
    1. allow me to remap a few keys on my keyboard
    2. one of them is the Windows Key
    3. allow me to create keyboard macros
    I keep hearing about sharpkeys but doesn't sound like it can create macros. I am hoping I can get the job done with a single program.
    Any suggestions? Thx, Henry Fiddler

Henry TFiddler, Jun 10, 2021
  3. External keyboard keys remapped

Hi, some keys on my external keyboard that I use with my laptop have been remapped.

They have been remapped like this:

2 remapped to Insert

3 remapped to Home

4 remapped to 'W'

5 remapped to Delete

I tried the laptop's inbuilt keyboard and there are no issues whatsoever. I don't know if it is a software or hardware issue.

AbelBenoie, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Keyboard remapped in Windows 10

Keyboard remapping

I don't think it's possible to remap the keyboard keys. At least there are not built in applications to do that.

Linley Meslier, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard remapped in Windows 10

1. Keyboard remapped in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Keyboard remapped

2. remapping a single keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remapping a single keyboard: my laptops number pad has a different layout to my usb keyboard, I'd like to remap my laptop keyboard but not my usb keyboard may be both active at oncepowertoys can't do thiswindows 11 proudly has thousands of features I don't want. can microsoft implement this feature I do...
  3. remapping a single keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remapping a single keyboard: my laptops number pad has a different layout to my usb keyboard, I'd like to remap my laptop keyboard but not my usb keyboard may be both active at oncepowertoys can't do thiswindows 11 proudly has thousands of features I don't want. can microsoft implement this feature I do...
  4. When will be mouse and keyboard remapping available in the Xbox Accessories app?

When will be mouse and keyboard remapping available in the Xbox Accessories app?: I'm disabled and I've been thinking that an Xbox Adaptive Controller could help me in basic Windows 11 PC usage. I read an article in October, that an update will allow the controller to be used for mouse and keyboard functions in the near future. May I know when this option...
  5. When will be mouse and keyboard remapping available in the Xbox Accessories app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will be mouse and keyboard remapping available in the Xbox Accessories app?: I'm disabled and I've been thinking that an Xbox Adaptive Controller could help me in basic Windows 11 PC usage. I read an article in October, that an update will allow the controller to be used for mouse and keyboard functions in the near future. May I know when this option...
  6. Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard

Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard: I remapped <caps lock> to <ctrl> for Emacs, since that is the normal position for <ctrl> for us old folks. Once in a while I will hit <caps lock> and instead of it being converted to <ctrl> it will actually set the caps lock. Then every character I try to type will be upper...
  7. Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard: I remapped <caps lock> to <ctrl> for Emacs, since that is the normal position for <ctrl> for us old folks. Once in a while I will hit <caps lock> and instead of it being converted to <ctrl> it will actually set the caps lock. Then every character I try to type will be upper...
  8. Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. How to remap keys on wireless keyboard with windows registry in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remap keys on wireless keyboard with windows registry in windows 10: My 'right shift' key on my wireless keyboard is not situated on proper place. I'd like to remap 'right shift' key to the 'print screen' key and 'print screen' key to the 'right shift' key. I haven't found a single post detailing how to do so. If someone could direct me to...
  10. How to remap keys on wireless keyboard with windows registry in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remap keys on wireless keyboard with windows registry in windows 10: My 'right shift' key on my wireless keyboard is not situated on proper place. I'd like to remap 'right shift' key to the 'print screen' key and 'print screen' key to the 'right shift' key. I haven't found a single post detailing how to do so. If someone could direct me to...